Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I don't know who the DJ was at Mediterraneo on Fri, but

ou812

This guy should be tied to a tree and stoned. I haven't heard worse music in a "club/lounge" in a long time. Now I don't want to get into a DJ bashing rant here, but honestly, my collection of CD's from 2 years ago is better than the music this guy was playing last night. My Friday night Mediterrano review:

:no: :no:

Go there to have drinks and unwind, but don't expect to hear any good music.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I think it was Nicky Sibila. I heard nothing but good reviews of him. I guess you catched him on a bad night.

Ahhh yes..........straight off their website:

LUNA LOUNGE - FRIDAYS

FEATURING THE BLUE ROOM (Our Exlusive VIP Room)

DJ Nicky Sibilia Spinning Vocal Driven House (oh really?)

Chic Attire a Must

10 pm - 3 am

Dinner till 9 PM

Well, at least I'll know what to avoid.

In response to your post, Nick played a Britney spears remix that this woman kept asking to hear (rmx'ed by Thunderpuss). so in all due respect, he plays *anything* that people come and ask for except for something like "It's Raining Men."

As far as hiphop goes, yes he plays a 30 min hiphop set to change things up a bit, which he has been doing for the past 2 years and people actually go bananas to it and it keeps alot of people happy.

sorry that you did not enjoy your night

I WAS A METRO HAVING A GREAT TIME

I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU AND YOUR GIRL THAT NITE... NOTALLTHERE WAS ........"THERE?" LOL....PHYSICALLY ANYWAY...

BUT NON THENLESS....I HAD A GREAT TIME..EVEN THOUGH MY BROHTER SAID IT WAS A SAUSAGE FESTIVAL...TO MY ADVANTAGE ANYWAY.... :D

SEEE YAAA SOOONNN.

ZEE

Originally posted by djustinh

In response to your post, Nick played a Britney spears remix that this woman kept asking to hear (rmx'ed by Thunderpuss). so in all due respect, he plays *anything* that people come and ask for except for something like "It's Raining Men."

As far as hiphop goes, yes he plays a 30 min hiphop set to change things up a bit, which he has been doing for the past 2 years and people actually go bananas to it and it keeps alot of people happy.

i guess that could be vocal driven house. I've heard that track plenty of times and most girls go nuts when it comes on.

nicky cybilia is a very competent dj. im sure of many things: the song didn't clear the dance floor, they didnt close early, and im sure it wasnt the worse music you've heard. he plays to his crowd, thats what any dj besides the top dj's has to do. if your junior or jonathen, then you can play whatever the hell you feel like playing, and everyone will love it. otherwise you play to your crowd. and nicky does it well. im sure the music was so horrible. he's been the resident dj there for 2 years. im pretty sure he knows what he's doing. you cant like every song the dj plays, especially at a place where there is a mixed crowd thats catered to.

sorry that you did not enjoy your night [/b

I was at South Park last Thursday and when Nick Sibilla put on hip-hop the whole place cleared out. Hip-hop has no place in a club in North Jersey when you are expecting to hear house music.

:blown:

This isn't DJais happy hour party.

Originally posted by firedup

I was at South Park last Thursday and when Nick Sibilla put on hip-hop the whole place cleared out. Hip-hop has no place in a club in North Jersey when you are expecting to hear house music.

:blown:

This isn't DJais happy hour party.

That's what I'm sayin'............and if I remember correctly it was about 2 am maybe a little earlier and the dancefloor was looking pathetic. I remember when Louis Todaro was mixing there and it was much better music, much better crowd. I mean I don't know who this Nicky Sibilia guy is, maybe he's still new and just needs some more experience.

Bottom line, shoulda gone to Metro, sorry Zee.............ehhh, it's all good though, I'll live.

Bottom line is he obviously plays cheesey music that dorks want to hear. If I was a DJ, no matter how many times someone requested a Spears song, I wouldn't play it. You know it's pretty bad when someone plays a song like that. I will definitely remember no to go ANYWHERE where this guy is spinning. Thanks for the heads up!

i wont even bother to respond to this except it's horribly funny that someone is comparing cybilia to todaro. no offense to todaro, but they are not equal by far. they play in two different types of venues for right now. and they cannot be compared. for some reason i tyhink a couple of you are posting against nicky to slander him. what a tool " remind me not to go anywhere cybilia is spinning". what a joke that is. you layed it on too thick

Originally posted by salgo

i wont even bother to respond to this except it's horribly funny that someone is comparing cybilia to todaro. no offense to todaro, but they are not equal by far. they play in two different types of venues for right now. and they cannot be compared. for some reason i tyhink a couple of you are posting against nicky to slander him. what a tool " remind me not to go anywhere cybilia is spinning". what a joke that is. you layed it on too thick

I'm not trying to slander anyone, in fact if you read the original thread I posted I said I didn't want to turn this into a DJ bashing forum, I don't even know who this guys is. All I know is what I saw and what I heard.

Saw: a pretty tired looking dancefloor

heard: outdated music

It's really my own fault though for not going to Metro instead.

you are also forgetting to post what the crowd was, and thats the most important thing here. its an older mixed crowd of 25 to 35, who just got done eating dinner and stuck around for some music. his music is not outdated, its appropriate. fact: he supplies music to some of the top ny dj's: junior, jonathen, and sometimes baez...among others. also, this is kinda funny, he's the new resident at metro on sat. he's been apart of the metro family for years. he was one of the residents a few years back. funny how things are all interconnected. sorry you had a bad time, its going to happen from time to time

you are also forgetting to post what the crowd was, and thats the most important thing here. its an older mixed crowd of 25 to 35, who just got done eating dinner and stuck around for some music. his music is not outdated, its appropriate. fact: he supplies music to some of the top ny dj's: junior, jonathen, and sometimes baez...among others. also, this is kinda funny, he's the new resident at metro on sat. he's been apart of the metro family for years. he was one of the residents a few years back. funny how things are all interconnected. sorry you had a bad time, its going to happen from time to time

Originally posted by salgo

Funny how he sucked back in the early days of Metro also, or did you forget about that? If he supply's the music to some of the NY DJ's then maybe he should head out and listen to them spin and pick up a few pointers. Because every time I have heard him, the dance floor clears out! Just my 2 cents.