Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The offcial Saeed and Palash, Saleen351 review..

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

FIRST OFF, I WANT TO GIVE A BIG THANKS BIZ. HE WENT WAY OUT OF HIS WAY TO GET THE VIP TABLE DONE FOR US. THANKS BIZ, WE OWE YOU AND SPACE IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU.

WE ROLL UP IN THERE AT LIKE MIDNIGHT. ONLY SAW DEKAN, NO OTHER CPERS WERE IN SITE. ROLAND WAS ON THE MAIN FLOOR. HE DID A REALLY NICE JOB OF BUILDING UP THE CROWD. WE HIT THE PATIO AND NIKO WAS ON. SO WE ARE CHILLING ON THE PATIO VIP, EXPECTING A SHITTY SET FROM NIKO, BUT HE DID A REALLY GOOD JOB. MAYBE THE NIKO BASHING IS FORCING THIS GUY TO STEP UP AND PERFORM BEFORE HE GETS CANNED. THEN ROLDAN COMES OUT TO PLAY. TURNS OUT TARENTELLA LOST THEIR RECORDS OR MISSED THEIR FLIGHT, I'M NOT SURE BUT THEY DID NOT PLAY. BUT WHO FUCK CARES. ROLAND WAS ON FIRE! SO I VENTURE INTO THE MAIN ROOM ALL NIGHT, A HALF HOUR IN THE MAIN ROOM, THEN A HALF HOUR ON THE PATIO. LET ME TELL YOU, SAEED AND PALASH ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING AMATURES. THESE GUYS HAVE NO RIGHT PLAYING THE MAIN ROOM. DON'T GET ME WRONG, THEIR TRACK SELECTION WAS AWESOME, A FEW COMMERCIAL TRACKS HERE AND THERE BUT THEIR TRACK SELECTION WAS PERFECT, BUT THESE TWO CLOWNS CAN'T MIX CONCRETE. THEY FUCKED UP AND TRAINWRECKED EVERY TRACK. AMATURES..... THEIR SET WAS GOOD, BUT WITH THE MISTAKES THEY SHOULD OF WENT OUT TO THE PATIO AND HAVE ROLAND GIVE THEM SOME POINTERS. WILL I GO BACK TO HEAR S AND P???? HMMMMMMMMM NOT SURE. THEY ARE LIKE DEEP DISH JR. THEY JUST DIDN'T BRING THE HOUSE DOWN LIKE A DD WOULD OR PICOTTO OR OSCAR OR ROLAND. I REALLY THINK THEY ARE PATIO MATERIAL NOT MAIN ROOM MATERIAL. THEY WERE SPEEDING TRACKS UP TO COVER THEIR MISTAKES AND THEY WERE BLENDING THEM IN ALL WRONG. TERRIBLE MIXING. BUT GREAT TRACKS. THOUGH THEY EVEN FUCKED UP THE BUILD UPS WITH THE NITRIOUS AND AIR HORN.

BASICALLY I CAN'T STAND SHITTY MIXING. SO WE BASCIALLY STAYED OUT IN THE VIP ON THE PATIO. ROLAND WAS ON FIRE! SIMPLY A SICK SICK SICK SICK SET. EVEN DROPPED DARK BEAT!!!

HIS MIXING WAS FLAWLESS EXCEPT WHEN I THINK IT WAS UNDERWORLD CD SKIPPED BIG TIME, BUT HE BROUGHT IT DOWN, REWORKED THE TRACK, BUILT IT UP AND DROPPED THE HAMMER. THE IDIOTS DOWN HERE PROBABLY THOUGHT IT WAS JUST PART OF THE TRACK.

THIS IS WHERE THE DRAMA COMES IN

WHO IS BETTER? OSCAR OR ROLAND. ITS SEEMS TO ME AND MY CREW, WE SIMPLY OVER LOOK AND TAKE FOR GRANTED ROLAND. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BIG TIME PRODUCTIONS TO RUN WITH OSCAR AND HE IS NOT THE HEADLINER AND IS ALWAYS IN OSCARS SHADOW. BUT I GOT TO TELL YOU, OSCAR HAS HIS STYLE AND FEW CAN DO IT BETTER THEN HIM, BUT ROLAND HAS NO STYLE, HE JUST PLAYS. SO WHO IS BETTER OR MORE TALENTED? NO BULLSHITTING ASIDE, I REALLY CAN'T ASNWER THAT. I HAVE NO IDEA. HE DROPPED BOMB AFTER BOMB. I REMEMBER ONE BUILD UP, HE BROUGHT IT UP, PAUSED FOR THAT SPLIT SECOND AND THEY HE DROPPED THE HAMMER LIKE COLE TRICKLE. PLACE WENT NUTS, AND ONCE AGAIN THE IDIOTS DOWN HERE PROBABLY HAD NO IDEA HE PAUSED THAT BUILD UP FOR THAT SPLIT SECOND, AND IT MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. HE DROPPED ACAPELLAS OVER TRACKS. NICELY DONE GUYS. DECENT TRACK, BUT I WAS MORE IMPRESSED WITH THE PRODUCTION OF IT. AND FOR YOU MP3 WHORES, ROLAND OPENED HIS SET WITH

Cassius - The Sound Of Violence (narcotic thrust remix).mp3 < I PERSONALY DON'T LIKE IT, AND I'VE BEEN GETTING BS CAUSE I'VE BASHED IT, BUT ITS SIMPLY "THE" TRACK RIGHT NOW. YOU WILL ALL BE HEARING IT EVERY WHERE. ITS AVALIBLE ON THE NET FOR YOU P2P WHORES. LOOK IN MY FOLDER SALEEN351 ON SOULSEEK.

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE BIG SHOUT OUT TO ELI AND TINA, OUR GIRLS WHO TOOK CARE OF US.

WE LEFT AT LIKE 545AM, WE RAN OUT OF GAS, PLUS I THINK IB WAS COMMING ON, AND I DIDN'T NOT WANT TO STAY FOR THAT SHIT.

NICE MEETING MRMOVEMENT, THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU SAID TO ME. IT WAS TOO LOUD. DEKAN, DIZZY MADE A RARE APPEARANCE, JIMMY T, POD THEHOG AND DUI AND BEATFRIEK.

AND I WAS TOLD LAST NIGHT, AND HAVE TO KEEP THIS ON THE DOWN LOW THAT SOMEONE IS DOING A MAJOR PROJECT AND IT WILL COME TO BE AROUND THANKS GIVEN... IT WILL BE SICK..

OH AND I SAW THAT FRENCH ASSHOLE AT THE DOOR WHEN I LEFT, YOU FUCKING JERK OFF. DID YOU GO BUY HOOK ON PHONICS THIS WEEK, SO YOUR FAGGOT ASS CAN LEARN HOW TO READ?:blown: FUCK HIM. I HAD SOME CHOICE WORDS FOR HIM.

Alls I have to say is Roland had an amazing opening set, and that coming from me is just not right.........

Saeed and Palsh need to find another Vinyl played the same song all night, wasnt deep, wasnt hard, wasnt tribal i was there for four hrs.....

SUCKED.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by laliux

interesting review though a lil "brownnosing" for my taste.

next week: Howells @ Space. I'll be there :D

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, NO!

Look at my DT review of oscars set, then look at the review for his club spin set. I tell it like I see it.

But I forgot some shit about my review, my head is finaly clearing.

THE SPEAKERS ON THE PATIO WERE POPPING. NOT SURE IF IT WAS THE RAIN OR THE BAGS ON THEM, OR JUST THE FACT THAT THEY ARE USED AND ABUSED. ALSO, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEW SPACE PATIO VIP SECTIONS, A WAY THAT WE CAN CONTROL THE VOLUME OF THE MUSIC. WE WOULD BE CHILLING IN THE VIP AND THE MUSIC WOULD NOT PUMP UNLESS ROLAND HAD THE MONITORS ON, BUT WHEN HE TURNED THEM OFF IT WASN'T PUMPING. ITS NOT A MAJOR COMPLAINT, BUT IF THEY ARE BUILDING A NEW SPACE, IT WOULD BE NICE, IF YOU SIMPLY PUT IN A NILES VOLUME CONTROLER FOR THE VIPS, SO THEY CAN CHOOSE THE LEVEL IN THE VIP AREA....

OH AND ROLAND NO I FEEL LOVED DT MIX OR INFORMATION SOCIETY VICTOR CALERDONE MIX:(

:D

Damn ! Saleen you are so frank your last name should be Coppola! ( ok weak joke) But i thought it was alright the first time so I had to try it :P

Ok as for the sets, Hmmm....

I would rather not give an opinion of what I saw, or heard.... I will just say that Saleen Has a way with words and....he knows what the helll he is talking about !

OH MY GOD THIS IS A RECUT CAUSE I FOUND OUT SALEEN IS A 45 year old man with a big bals spot on his head ( I quote lola )

What a night! WE roll in there with like 18 peps I when straight to the main room to see Rolands opening set.

Got some brews from the infamous Esther. She was very nice and even flirty with me. Great service if you ask me. And she looked great to. I love those tight pants she wears. Maybe she just doesn’t like your looks Saleen, or maybe your attitude? Every one in the crew was digging Roland’s opening set and dancing everywhere. Some of the girls with us where making out and shit. You gotta love that. S& P hit the decks with some boring song and we proceeded to the VIP on the patio.

We usually do not go out in large groups because it usually turn out terriablbe. dj: Roland was so good out on the patio I just got lost in the music and shut every one out.(not the same way as DUI) . zzz: :zzz: I was doing my best to drink as much of the three bottles as I could, so the freeloaders would not. So yeah I was quit drunk but not asleep like some of the group. Big shout out to BIZ thanks man. Although I was sweeting like a pig 90% of the night was spent on the patio. S&P were decent but not great or any thing. I really don’t know why they are so highly regarded. They were no better than any DJ in any two bit fly by night type club. Roland was simply amazing and blew these guys out of the water. I’m so glade tarentella lost his record or what ever. The first three hours of the night I could not sit down or be still just dancing my ass off. If you can call that dancing. It ending up being a great night although I have know idea as to why I was in the hip hop room at 5:30. Personally I can’t wait for the new SPACE to open it’s going to kick ass.

Not many C P ers out.???confused:

Good to see ya again dizzy. Andrew was out play dance war with people as usual. I valley remembering talking to Beat freak. (To many drinks).screwy: Pod was chillin taken pic Yo cant wait to see some of the pics.

:D:laugh: ::: :

Originally posted by fidosgrrl

OH MY GOD THIS IS A RECUT CAUSE I FOUND OUT SALEEN IS A 45 year old man with a big bals spot on his head ( I quote lola )

:nono: :nono: :nono:

:laugh: :laugh: I don't think so Fido - you trying to get me in trouble beotch! I SAID SALEEN IS A HOT 25 YEAR OLD WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND:D :laugh:

GEE THANKS FIDO:tongue:

Lola;)

I've been sayin' it for sometime.. Roland's music is infectuos. This is only the beginning.. Still not done & lots of good things to come from our music jedi master

Roland

Thanx to Saleen, Hog, their crew, Pod, Danny, Jimmy T, Dizzy, Mr. movement, Beatfriek, Dekan, Andrew & who ever else I missed for being in the house this weekend...

Originally posted by lolahotass

:laugh: :laugh: I don't think so Fido - you trying to get me in trouble beotch! I SAID SALEEN IS A HOT 25 YEAR OLD WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND:D :laugh:

GEE THANKS FIDO

Lola;)

HEHEHE .... ( FIDO RUNS AND HIDES UNDER A CRATE OF OLD RECORDS ) HEHEH! I HAD TO CREATE SOME DRAMA DAMIT, IT'S A LAZY SUNDAY....

HEY LOLA, DOES THIS MEAN I FINALLY GET A SPANKIN??? :spank:BTW, I APPOLOGIZE OPENLY FOR MISQUOTING LOLA AHE DID NOT SAY THAT ....I DID//// GO FIGURE THE NEWBIE DID IT ....IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH A CANDLESTICK ( SICK HUH?) :lol3:

THIS IS WHERE THE DRAMA COMES IN

WHO IS BETTER? OSCAR OR ROLAND. ITS SEEMS TO ME AND MY CREW, WE SIMPLY OVER LOOK AND TAKE FOR GRANTED ROLAND. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BIG TIME PRODUCTIONS TO RUN WITH OSCAR AND HE IS NOT THE HEADLINER AND IS ALWAYS IN OSCARS SHADOW. BUT I GOT TO TELL YOU, OSCAR HAS HIS STYLE AND FEW CAN DO IT BETTER THEN HIM, BUT ROLAND HAS NO STYLE, HE JUST PLAYS. SO WHO IS BETTER OR MORE TALENTED?

Saleen, don't start something that makes no sense. I know both Oscar and Roly and can say that both are happy right where they are. Both support and help each other out and i can also say that Roly in no way feels he's being overshadowed by Oscar. Just take a look at how Lunar sessions is taking off. That is Roly's party and he's enjoying it fully and I know you saw that yesterday when you where there. Cause I too felt the energy and saw alot of "guido fist pumping" going on. And as far as style he mostly plays progressive, but plays some tribal and housey tracks in between just to be different. And Biz great job with the decor in the patio had a great look and feel. ?????????? "ANYBODY HEAR IVANO'S SET"???????????

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by roks20

Saleen, don't start something that makes no sense. I know both Oscar and Roly and can say that both are happy right where they are. Both support and help each other out and i can also say that Roly in no way feels he's being overshadowed by Oscar. Just take a look at how Lunar sessions is taking off. That is Roly's party and he's enjoying it fully and I know you saw that yesterday when you where there. Cause I too felt the energy and saw alot of "guido fist pumping" going on. And as far as style he mostly plays progressive, but plays some tribal and housey tracks in between just to be different. And Biz great job with the decor in the patio had a great look and feel. ?????????? "ANYBODY HEAR IVANO'S SET"???????????

so comparing djs on a club message board, makes no sense?

No controversy no where.. Those two (Oscar & Roly) play as a team. 2 great Dj's, 2 different styles, both have humble personalities & alot of respect for one another. As far as I'm concerned, a Space without either one of those guys is like a galaxy without stars...

They are the foundation of Space. We would'nt have it any other way...

Originally posted by biznation00

No controversy no where.. Those two (Oscar & Roly) play as a team. 2 great Dj's, 2 different styles, both have humble personalities & alot of respect for one another. As far as I'm concerned, a Space without either one of those guys is like a galaxy without stars...

They are the foundation of Space. We would'nt have it any other way...

:aright: AGREED 100 % ... SAME AS WHEN EDGAR LEFT FRIDAYS @ SPACE ... IT WAS NEVER THE SAME.. NOW ITS BACK AGAIN & ITS GREAT :aright: :aright:

WHO IS BETTER? OSCAR OR ROLAND. ITS SEEMS TO ME AND MY CREW, WE SIMPLY OVER LOOK AND TAKE FOR GRANTED ROLAND. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BIG TIME PRODUCTIONS TO RUN WITH OSCAR AND HE IS NOT THE HEADLINER AND IS ALWAYS IN OSCARS SHADOW. BUT I GOT TO TELL YOU, OSCAR HAS HIS STYLE AND FEW CAN DO IT BETTER THEN HIM, BUT ROLAND HAS NO STYLE, HE JUST PLAYS. SO WHO IS BETTER OR MORE TALENTED? NO BULLSHITTING ASIDE, I REALLY CAN'T ASNWER THAT. I HAVE NO IDEA.

I agree, Roland has been stepping up to the plate lately and been dropping some nice sets. Everyone I know seems to be digging his style lately, and yes I do think he has his own style. To say he doesn't I think is an insult. Kudos to Roland. To answer your question though, and to be frank as that seems to be the trend here, let me say that Oscar Is the better of the two by a considerable length. Not to cause controversy or anything, but I think its fact. Not to take anything away from Roland, but I could remember when space first open. His musical selection and mixing left plenty to be desired. Same goes for his stint at spin. It has only been lately that he has been comming into his own and I think he should be commended for that. But I seriously could never say that I can't tell the difference between the two. I've been following the MURK guys and Oscar since 1992 and have had the pleasure of listening to different sets of theirs at different venues, and let me tell you that Oscar's knowledge of the music runs deep. He has been consistent from the begining and has been satisfying crowds from Tokyo to London for over a decade, and yes he has a considerable production catalog that dates back to the Sound Factory anthem "Some Lovin". Some of us are born with tallent and some of us have to work hard at it. Hats off to the ones that work hard and make something of themselves. Oscar though, I think falls into the first catagory.

I don't frequent Space as much as some people (Salleem), but I have been to enough clubs to know what this sounds like, a clubber who is at the club for the wrong reason. Salleem went expecting to hear Double Dipping Deep Dish Jr, but he ending up hearing a more house-ee Saeed and Palash. I can see how Palash might of scared away a few people in the early going, due to his progressive hard house style, but anyone who waited for the SICK SICK SICK set thrown down by Saeed at around 3:30, was deservingly rewarded. I think the disgust for Saeed and Palsh comes from the obvious. Anyone who was there last night and saw them working on the big screen would have noticed one important thing. I never saw Palash throw down anything other then CD's, which may explain Salleem's comments about how it sounded all the same. CD to CD will never work for this reaon alone. I think they call it reverb, the humming sounding created by CD recordings. CD mixing is acceptable only in moderation, but it may take Artists like Satoshi Tomie, and Palash a little time to learn this lesson. Enough of this BS about Saeed and Palash, I heard Deep Dish at Space and it all sounded the same, but I don't come out and call them shit. Artists make mistakes, they will learn, or they will struggle.:blown:

On the other hand Saeed ripped off a tribalist's wet dream last night at Space, Danny would have been proud of his Boy if he was there. He was very creative combining vinyl, accapella samples, and other shit I'm still trying to figure out, I mean the guy was re-editting live, where was Salleem during this? He was enjoying the rain storm on the patio, Thats his way, VIP and Patio, the only places to Sit down and enjoy those little party favor candies. Stay off the Crack boy. Don't listen to the hype, If Salleem likes giving BJ's on the patio, thats fine, and if he wants to argue about which of the residents has the largest Richard, thats terrific (a stripper friend of mine says Roland has the edge). But why are you blabbing about the stupid details of your night, WE DON"T CARE, and I for one have little repect for SALLEEM. Have a nice day and remember, Trance Kills!!!!!!:idea:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by houseparty

I don't frequent Space as much as some people (Salleem), but I have been to enough clubs to know what this sounds like, a clubber who is at the club for the wrong reason. Salleem went expecting to hear Double Dipping Deep Dish Jr, but he ending up hearing a more house-ee Saeed and Palash. I can see how Palash might of scared away a few people in the early going, due to his progressive hard house style, but anyone who waited for the SICK SICK SICK set thrown down by Saeed at around 3:30, was deservingly rewarded. I think the disgust for Saeed and Palsh comes from the obvious. Anyone who was there last night and saw them working on the big screen would have noticed one important thing. I never saw Palash throw down anything other then CD's, which may explain Salleem's comments about how it sounded all the same. CD to CD will never work for this reaon alone. I think they call it reverb, the humming sounding created by CD recordings. CD mixing is acceptable only in moderation, but it may take Artists like Satoshi Tomie, and Palash a little time to learn this lesson. Enough of this BS about Saeed and Palash, I heard Deep Dish at Space and it all sounded the same, but I don't come out and call them shit. Artists make mistakes, they will learn, or they will struggle.:blown:

On the other hand Saeed ripped off a tribalist's wet dream last night at Space, Danny would have been proud of his Boy if he was there. He was very creative combining vinyl, accapella samples, and other shit I'm still trying to figure out, I mean the guy was re-editting live, where was Salleem during this? He was enjoying the rain storm on the patio, Thats his way, VIP and Patio, the only places to Sit down and enjoy those little party favor candies. Stay off the Crack boy. Don't listen to the hype, If Salleem likes giving BJ's on the patio, thats fine, and if he wants to argue about which of the residents has the largest Richard, thats terrific (a stripper friend of mine says Roland has the edge). But why are you blabbing about the stupid details of your night, WE DON"T CARE, and I for one have little repect for SALLEEM. Have a nice day and remember, Trance Kills!!!!!!:idea:

this is funny to me. I"m not gonna argue with your musical opinions, because they are just that, opinions. But your insults are funny to me. I don't force you guys to read anything I write. And I always put up my offical review of the night. Many people read it, and like the no bs side of things, and they love the drama it causes. I went in and out of the main room all night, but after a while it just sucked. Dekan can attest that i was in the main room. i would run into him every time.

OH nice first post..

My comparsion is just a friendly way of saying they are both great. it doesn't take a fucking brain surgeon to figure that one out. You simply can't compare the two. Thats the point. It was a compliment to Roland saying that I NOW realize how good he really is. I for one, thought it was oscar as the head honcho, but its obvious, they compliment each other and work together, so i'd take roland and oscar together, not seprate.. And i dont' think its an insult to say Roland doesn't have style....i've seen him drop all types of tracks. Oscar sticks to his tribal. Roland is the guy that could dj a wedding at 4pm and turn the main room out at 3am... He is so versitile, where as saeed had a hard time, spining one bpm

Thats his way, VIP and Patio, the only places to Sit down and enjoy those little party favor candies. Stay off the Crack boy.

WTF:confused:

We are on crack because we get a table on the Patio so we can hear Roland.?????????????????????????/

Why don't you suck a cock you fucking faggot.

It is irrelevant whether you agree w/ Saleen or not. He has the courage to speak his mind, take a stand and back it up with facts. Even if your opinion differs, you have to respect his efforts and abilities. His reviews are some of the best I’ve ever had the pleasure to read. In fact, I read reviews for my job and I look forward to reading his stuff for just sheer pleasure. Thanks Saleen.

saleen, i respect ur opinion. but, i really enjoyed saeed and palash's set. saeed didn't come on until 4:30 or so. he was the short white guy with the little beard. i thought he was fuckin sick. his progressive stylings had me dancing hard..and i mean hard dude. my calves still ache. as always dj roland is the hidden secret in miami. i am glad that his music is starting to win people's musical hearts over.

Guest saleen351

ok, heres my problem.

These dj duos. Parks and Wilson, Deep Dish, Saeed and Palash and others. I personaly put their entire set into perspective, not just one of their sets, if they play together. Like for parks and wilson: parks was ok and wilson was just plain sick, so i avg out what the entire set was, so it works out to good, not sick because parks was not that good. If they are billed as a team and promoted as a team, and known as a team then I personaly review them as a team.

Am I wrong?

Just like Murk. If the other half of murk sucked, and the other was sick, I'd say it was an overall decent or avg night. One dj reflects both of them.

I personaly don't think i'm wrong, I can see the other side of the argument that each is their own, but I stick to the argument that saeed and plash are ok together. If saeed was that sick, then LP only book him, and not the other half........

Originally posted by houseparty

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are what's wrong with the messageboard. You come on here making false accusations that Saleen (or any of us for that matter) does drugs and only likes the patio, blah blah blah. You are just jealous that you can't be in vip. So WE aren't supposed to talk about DJ's, their style, how we thought their set was, what we liked, what we didn't like??

No lets talk about the weather.

Get a clue asshole.

Thee Lola has spoken:D