Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Space Story - by Biz

biznation00

It’s been 2, going on 3 years now…

Thru the ups & downs & its many changes- Space has always managed to brand a smile on my face. Going back to the days of the year 1, when I was a loyal Space patron- the days of Edgar V. Back when the Fridays were just perfect & Roly (Roland) & Stephan Luke were droppin’ tunes in the Red Room. Parading the halls & dance floors hoping to pause time forever as my friends & I spent some long good nites @ the new-found wearhouse downtown.

Shortly sometime there after, emerged the Oscar G. Saturdays & Space has never been the same. Oscar re-introduced his signature Space Tribal sound to the masses & everyone has embraced it since. Often imitated but never duplicated it is a sound that seemed to wake up Miami & help bring about a more profound movement in our local music world.

The Afterhours on the Terrace… Long, happy, tasteful, sunny hours of music by Space’s most colorful DJ personality- Ivano Bellini. Although my friends & I spent a big part of our night between the red & the blue room jammin’ out to Stingray, Roland & Oscar, there were times when we did go the extra mile & tune in to Ivano’s sets- back when the patio felt like cheers (the TV show).

The Days of Emmy Guerra- It was then that I was given the opportunity to come on board & I jumped on it. Just before the remodel stages a year ago this time. The makeover connected the red & blue room to create what is the “Mainroom†today, where all the magic happens.

So it’s been just over a year & some time since I officially joined the empire, & it’s been a challenge- sometimes bitter, mostly sweet but it’s great to see Space continue to grow to where it is today.

I still get chills at times, when the music runs soo deep that all I can do is lay back grin & hope I don’t tear my ass off from joy. Watching Roland open the Mainroom & build things up before handing it off to an Oscar all-nighter, pounding you with tribal rhythms as he turns it up just right thru the closing hours of the nite/day. If there is any duo that can make that Mainroom move is the combo of Roland’s perfect opening set followed by Oscar G’s thunder all the way thru till breakfast. The dark lord of the Mainroom (Oscar G), no one commands that room better!! As for the Patio, well lets just say I enjoy it more than ever. Roland’s sets are a delight as he winds you up with funky percussive house grooves & lets u go off on a magical proggy musical journey leaving you lost in the basslines before realizing the sun is about to shine. If by then you still have juice left, you’d stick around to dance the morning away to the sunny sounds of Ivano…

It’s been a true pleasure since, working along side a great management staff & the likes of Emperor Puig (who leads by example & works harder than anyone), George Nunez (without his efforts there is no Space) & Kris (our guide to good music, opening doors for nu-breeds of musical talent)…

We truly hope that we all combine to make your experience @ Space the best possible nightlife experience. See u @ll @ Space!!

Biz

Club Space / Club Spin

Biznation00@hotmail.com

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

It’s been 2, going on 3 years now…

Thru the ups & downs & its many changes- Space has always managed to brand a smile on my face. Going back to the days of the year 1, when I was a loyal Space patron- the days of Edgar V. Back when the Fridays were just perfect & Roly (Roland) & Stephan Luke were droppin’ tunes in the Red Room. Parading the halls & dance floors hoping to pause time forever as my friends & I spent some long good nites @ the new-found wearhouse downtown.

Shortly sometime there after, emerged the Oscar G. Saturdays & Space has never been the same. Oscar re-introduced his signature Space Tribal sound to the masses & everyone has embraced it since. Often imitated but never duplicated it is a sound that seemed to wake up Miami & help bring about a more profound movement in our local music world.

The Afterhours on the Terrace… Long, happy, tasteful, sunny hours of music by Space’s most colorful DJ personality- Ivano Bellini. Although my friends & I spent a big part of our night between the red & the blue room jammin’ out to Stingray, Roland & Oscar, there were times when we did go the extra mile & tune in to Ivano’s sets- back when the patio felt like cheers (the TV show).

The Days of Emmy Guerra- It was then that I was given the opportunity to come on board & I jumped on it. Just before the remodel stages a year ago this time. The makeover connected the red & blue room to create what is the “Mainroom†today, where all the magic happens.

So it’s been just over a year & some time since I officially joined the empire, & it’s been a challenge- sometimes bitter, mostly sweet but it’s great to see Space continue to grow to where it is today.

I still get chills at times, when the music runs soo deep that all I can do is lay back grin & hope I don’t tear my ass off from joy. Watching Roland open the Mainroom & build things up before handing it off to an Oscar all-nighter, pounding you with tribal rhythms as he turns it up just right thru the closing hours of the nite/day. If there is any duo that can make that Mainroom move is the combo of Roland’s perfect opening set followed by Oscar G’s thunder all the way thru till breakfast. The dark lord of the Mainroom (Oscar G), no one commands that room better!! As for the Patio, well lets just say I enjoy it more than ever. Roland’s sets are a delight as he winds you up with funky percussive house grooves & lets u go off on a magical proggy musical journey leaving you lost in the basslines before realizing the sun is about to shine. If by then you still have juice left, you’d stick around to dance the morning away to the sunny sounds of Ivano…

It’s been a true pleasure since, working along side a great management staff & the likes of Emperor Puig (who leads by example & works harder than anyone), George Nunez (without his efforts there is no Space) & Kris (our guide to good music, opening doors for nu-breeds of musical talent)…

We truly hope that we all combine to make your experience @ Space the best possible nightlife experience. See u @ll @ Space!!

Biz

Club Space / Club Spin

Biznation00@hotmail.com

is this your way of asking LP for a raise?

ps i have some formal complaints. I will take them up with you at the next saleen351 INC investors meeting.

OH and I can't wait till the CP party in the VIP room. You and Roland and LP are really nice for doing this. I can't wait! When you guys told me about it, I just flipped out, and could not belive that Space would do this for us. I guess LP wants to show his appreciation for us, his loyal customers.

Saleen out....

ps i made the whole CP Vip party thing up....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by spacious

AMEN!

Good times, good music, loyal customers, a great staff and collaborators like Biz...what else can a club owner ask for?

Thanks Biz, I am truly humbled.

LP

Where were you? You didn't play till 7am. You didn't come out to the patio. I guess it must be really tuff laying in bed there with your remote control in one hand and a bud in the other. Let me know if you need me to pick up some beer or tampons for you. BOO-HOO!:(

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Good stuff there :)

Thanks to you, Kris and Louis for taking care of a vagrant with a camera :)

HEY POD, SORRY WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY LIQUOR LEFT FOR YOU, YOU KNOW YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO OUR VIP PARTY. AFTER SPENDING 30 BUCKS IN BATTERIES, I'M SURE YOU COULD OF USED A DRINK. THOUGH, AS SOON AS I GAVE ROLAND SOME BARCADI, HE MADE THAT CD SKIP....HMMMMMMM

J/K ROLAND...:D

OH AND PEOPLE THE BATTERIES WERE FOR HIS CAMERA, AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT HE TOLD ME:D

No it was 30 dollars to the nearest 24 hour Wallgreens, and then 15 for a set of CR2 cells for my Pentax...

Heheh :) Palash was nice enough to get me a drink though.

One of the few moments I wish I had my car still.

Biz great job with everyhting you do at Space and Spin. Your truly talented at what you do. You know where ever you go and whatever it is that you do I'll be right behind no matter what. Keep up the great work.

Your Friend,

Rocky

so that was louis the dj that came on after saeed. damn bro. you were out of hand. you had me dancing my arse off. nice way to start off ur set with that mix of lexicon avenue's "from dusk till dawn" damn louis you were playing some sick as shit. nice deep dark and progressive just what the dr. ordered. i never knew you were such a good dj. i give u mad props bro. outta hand set. you took over after saeed so nicely.

Didn't think this tread would take such a turn- I'm flattered by all the positive responses I've received.. It almost feels like everyone is wishing me a fair well or something... I think I'm stickin' around for a few... Who knows??;)

A BIG Thanx to you @ll...

Biz, you are a big part of the space family. I see the hard work and dedication you put forth weekly. I see you like a mini-me of Louis, you do it all just as he does. Keep up the good work we all support you.

PS A 6 hour haircut?? :laugh:

Biz is a class act....hard worker and takes care of his people...he is one of the few in the industry that treats u like a superstar, even if u arent one....he is always upfront and never gives u typical industry BS....i have much respect and appreciation for Biz...always takes care of me or anyone that i send in his direction and that inturn keeps me going to Spin and Space....Thanks Biz, thanks for being honest in a field full of liars and in just overall "taking care of ur people".....i feel honored to call him my friend (i promised myself that i wouldnt cry).....:tongue:

A commotion like this can only be caused by the one and only Biz, see how he moves people? Biz, you rock, it's a pleasure to be working with you now.

I say we make a party out of this, just Biz on the flyer.. thats it. :)

on the real,

Diego

Ps: Don't Miss DESYN this friday at Spin.