Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Have Some Sad News To Report...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

A label just went under. I found out last night. I'm sure the news is leaking down and many probaly know. So I will keep it private till you guys post the details.

Amazing, I get NJ info at 4am in south beach...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

There are many lables that are going to go under. Two of them in the last 4 days have shut their doors.

well i'm being specific on one particular lable for one particular dj, but i'm not posting who our of respect.

hit me up on im

nrc0116

Guest saleen351

Kinectic Records and Strictly Rhythm are done.

:( :( :(

Kinectic Records

Strictly Rhythm

i never saw those posts and I didn't know how much people knew, and I didn't want to be the guy to post something that I didn't know all the facts. But I think this is a huge blow to the industry.

Guest saleen351

Its amazing that this news was from a couple of days ago and you just get it this morning. :laugh: ANd here I thought Saleen was the first person to know everything.

:hat: :hat:

bro, i'm a 1000 miles away on the beach everyday, but i saw no nj posts and many on aim this morning knew nothing. So i'm not trying to be the man with the info i get i"m just posting what I know when I know. LIke i always do.

Originally posted by saleen351

So i'm not trying to be the man with the info i get i"m just posting what I know when I know. LIke i always do.

Calm down Nicky. I was just busting your balls. Most of the people on this board could care less about record labels.

Guest saleen351

Calm down Nicky. I was just busting your balls. Most of the people on this board could care less about record labels.

well these people need to understand that some nj and nyc djs were at those labels.

I believe they went out on Wed the 3d...I heard a few days ago...what a shame....Those were a few of my First records that i bought back in the day....

I am also hearing Tommy Boy Silver is going too...Everyone knows Tommy Boy is Gone already or pushed over to another label....but i think the house side is going too....All i know is when Nervous goes then Ill be SAD......

The whole industry has taken such a hit Tower records is in the hole a couple hundred mil. BMG and a few others. its not looking good at all. The only domestic labels that are gonna survive are putting out dance compilations and selling over seas.

MP3 is slowly killing the music biz. People need to start purchasing original cds and vinyl again. Or else the music scene will continue to suffer instead of flourish. Just think of how much great music came out during the summer of 99 compared to this past summer. And the dance music labels rely on the djs across the country heavily to purchase the vinyl and cds they produce. Don't get me wrong, I think its kinda ironic that after all the years that djs bought from these labels and dealt with high prices, that the labels are getting a taste of their own medicine, but it the long run it will hurt everyone. Artists will either have to put out their own stuff, if they can afford it, or wait until a major label picks them up, and we all know what kind of a process that is.

Peace

mp3's definitely have an impact on record sales.. but even if bootleging was a lot less.. i dont see record sales being that much higher.. a majority of the people downloading mp3s and stuff are not even dj's.. and the people that are only "Cd" djs wont really go anywhere in my opinion unless they go out and buy records.. people that dont buy vinyl now still wouldnt buy it if shit wasnt as available as it is today... alot of muzik is just at the fingertips of everyone with a computer.. but there is also a hell of a lot of muzik that isnt available..

i don't dj.. i just love muzik and i wish i had more money to go out and buy records.. i do when i have the money.. i rip the vinyls and put them on cd for myself to listen in my car.. i actually like searching for my own shit.. i think its fun

My partner Wayne Gardner was responsible for making and had Strictly's first hit record in 1990...It was the Billboard Underground record of the year as well as Top domestic x-port to Europe. The Title was "The Warning/Flipside - "The Final Frontier"...record was responsible for the creation of a whole new sub-genre of dance music - Soft core jazz and many bit that sound shortly like Pal Joey, and Masters At Work, among others...Wayne is still recording - now with Nervous as well as a couple of others...peace, greg `