Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CD turntables

vigo

I know, i know vinyl rules and will always be central to the grand scheme of things...but i have managed to build up quite a collection of CD and i just haven't got the resources to get them pressed to vinyl. Any suggestions on what models...i hear Pioneer have quite a range with the CDJ1000 or the dual CMX3000. I have no knowledge regarding CD's so any experiances would be much appreciated.

Cheers

they're running a special on the Pioneer CDJ-100's, the earlier, smaller version of the CDJ-1000's. I've used them on several occassion's and they're just as good as they're predecessor

I believe that Guitar Center has them for alittle under 350.00$ a player. You might want to check that out

The 100s are pretty much useful for only playback, the built-in effects and controls are kinda primitive compared to the 1000. For most DJs, this isn't an issue, but there's some out there that really use the 1000 to it's fullest (Lawler, Zabelia), that the 1000 is a benefit.

If you just need a playback device, go with the 100, if you want the new 'standard', go with the 1000. :)

I have around $1500 to spend, so judging by the prices i could be in for two CD decks. Those CDJ1000's look very nice indeed. One (maybe two) of those next to your 1210's would do the trick.....oh and maybe a sampler for good measure, oh and a hard disk for those MP3's and an old roland 909 just for aesthetic purposes....did i forget anything :D

Originally posted by vigo

Those CDJ1000's look very nice indeed. One (maybe two) of those next to your 1210's would do the trick.....oh and maybe a sampler for good measure, oh and a hard disk for those MP3's and an old roland 909 just for aesthetic purposes....did i forget anything :D

a siren or maybe the train horn that they have at Space.....oh, and a fog machine is also necessary....:tongue:

If I want FX's ... I'll get a EFX-500 .. either way, I dont spin on cd's but I do plan on getting a CDJ-100 in the future. It's smaller and a bit more practical which works for me, the simple playback dj that I am. Unless you have the money to blow on it (which I sure as hell don't), I don't see it justifiable when you could get something for 700$ less. If you do, more power to ya

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

a siren or maybe the train horn that they have at Space.....oh, and a fog machine is also necessary....:tongue:

I'm spending enough on the decks to be buying all that...at best i could get hold of a kazoo and burn some bread in the toaster. I'll have to get a pre-amp too so i can put the decks through my P.C speakers!! :tongue:

Originally posted by vigo

at best i could get hold of a kazoo and burn some bread in the toaster. I'll have to get a pre-amp too so i can put the decks through my P.C speakers!!

:laugh: :laugh: ...if u are going to check out locations to purchase ur cd and amp...go to guitar center in Kendall, u can always haggle the price down over there....or try shopping online: www.pssl.com or type in platinum records in a search engine...u might find a better deal online....:D

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

sounds like all you're missing is final-scratch and a 16 channel mixer :tongue:

Did someone say the magic word....... F I N A L S C R A T C H :D

Definately worth the money.... and its pretty much the same as the original vinyl:cool:

The CDJ-1000 iz dope, but who has 18,000.oo to blow ????

Trust me ....

Unless you already have gotten used to /or you like CD players..... Final Scratch iz the shit !!!!... I've been beta testing and using both versions for over a year BEos & Linux (The BEos is now dead)....

You could say I'm biased because I never really liked CD players....

even though you can loop automatically with a CD player, you still have to scroll through a song to mark a cue.... I'd rather have instant gratification of putting the needle where I want and hearing exactly what I want with no delay.

FYI: the price I listed was for Two CDJ-1000 (U.S. $)