Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY TIMES: Smoking Banned in Nassau Bars and Restaurants

Originally posted by elementx

No need to be harsh... I just feel that one thing at a time is slowly being taken away from us. I don't think it is a stupid comment at all... Some people can do 2 things at once... Personally I use the hands free because I find it more comfortable. But think about what you are saying. Many things in a car are distracting and they never made a law against it... EATING WHILE DRIVING, PUTTIN ON MAKE UP WHILE DRIVING, READING A NEWS PAPER IN TRAFFIC... I mean think about it... There are a ton of distractions...

As far as the smoking... I believe you should not be aloud to smoke in a restaurant. Even when I smoked I didn't like smoke around me when I ate... But I mean come on... A bar is a social meet up. And for most smoking is involved with social events. I know many non - smokers that will smoke in a bar.

But theres my 2 cents anyway...

We all have our own opinion... No need to says whos opinion is stupid... Or correct... An opinion is just what it is.. An OPINION...

Ok that was your "opinion" and im sorry i called it dumb, I dnt agree with you tho. I totally agree with Brooklynkid.

Very well stated

I was harsh about the cell phone thing b/c I just lost my grandfather in a car accident a few monts ago due to some kid and his cell phone. So I have every reason to think the way i think about that.

Some things people just wont understand until something bad happens thats effects their own life or someone they love. I now understand the "hands free law". Maybe when someone you know gets cancer due to second hand smoke you will understand this new smoking law. ("You" meaning everyone, Im not being specific)

Originally posted by bebby6919

Ok that was your "opinion" and im sorry i called it dumb, I dnt agree with you tho. I totally agree with Brooklynkid.

Very well stated

I was harsh about the cell phone thing b/c I just lost my grandfather in a car accident a few monts ago due to some kid and his cell phone. So I have every reason to think the way i think about that.

Some things people just wont understand until something bad happens thats effects their own life or someone they love. I now understand the "hands free law". Maybe when someone you know gets cancer due to second hand smoke you will understand this new smoking law. ("You" meaning everyone, Im not being specific)

I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather... My deepest sympathy...

And on another sad note... I lost my grandfather to lung cancer...

It was one of the reasons why I myself quit...

The only thing I am saying here is that. I was on the other end... So I don't want to be hypocritical now that I am not... You know what I mean...

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME..im sick of coming home and smelling like i smoked a pack of cigarettes....

and for that home of the free nonsense....i choose not to smoke and while u puff away next to me i end up inhaling more shit then you so this law is perfect....

u wanna harm yourself thats fine....i know i have in the past but it was myself only not the people around me

Originally posted by msoprano13

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME..im sick of coming home and smelling like i smoked a pack of cigarettes....

and for that home of the free nonsense....i choose not to smoke and while u puff away next to me i end up inhaling more shit then you so this law is perfect....

u wanna harm yourself thats fine....i know i have in the past but it was myself only not the people around me

If you read my other posts... You would see where I did agree with you on some points...

I QUIT SMOKING 9 MONTHS AGO... So I too understand where you are coming from...

About the home of the free " nonsense " it did not only have to do with the smoking... It had to do with alot of things...

Originally posted by elementx

I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather... My deepest sympathy...

And on another sad note... I lost my grandfather to lung cancer...

It was one of the reasons why I myself quit...

The only thing I am saying here is that. I was on the other end... So I don't want to be hypocritical now that I am not... You know what I mean...

Thank you and I am sorry to hear about your grandfather as well :(..

We are both in the same position here.. I am a reformed smoker as well. The thing is, Im not a smoker now and Im proud of that. I'm not gonna side wth smokers b/c I USED to smoke. Everone can quit if they really want to. If they dont want to quit, I dont think its fair for them to polute my lungs after I finally quit (with a lot of help from my babes)!!

The point I am trying to make here is I QUIT SMOKING because its a bad habit and has a bad outcome. I am not gonna say the law is wrong so i can still be around smoke and inhale second hand smoke (which is worse than smoking) from other people when i chose to quit doing it myself. It makes absolutely no sense. You may see it as being hypocrytical, I see it as the opposite. I quit for a reason and I wont let other people polute my lungs when I choose not do. It makes perfect sense,

Originally posted by bebby6919

Thank you and I am sorry to hear about your grandfather as well :(..

We are both in the same position here.. I am a reformed smoker as well. The thing is, Im not a smoker now and Im proud of that. I'm not gonna side wth smokers b/c I USED to smoke. Everone can quit if they really want to. If they dont want to quit, I dont think its fair for them to polute my lungs after I finally quit (with a lot of help from my babes)!!

The point I am trying to make here is I QUIT SMOKING because its a bad habit and has a bad outcome. I am not gonna say the law is wrong so i can still be around smoke and inhale second hand smoke (which is worse than smoking) from other people when i chose to quit doing it myself. It makes absolutely no sense. You may see it as being hypocrytical, I see it as the opposite. I quit for a reason and I wont let other people polute my lungs when I choose not do. It makes perfect sense,

<//=-=-=-- Throws in the white towel... :box:

You have many valid points...