Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much is a day in jail worth?

Apparently the going rate is $25/day...

I go to court today (for the Nth time...), get the "driving while suspended" charge dropped (that was the one where 'angel' fucked something up in the computer causing it to flag me as suspended when I wasn't)... I had another ticket for careless driving, which was dropped to "unsafe driving" (no points, like it fucking matters anymore...)

so ok... another $200 down the drain... whatever... whats $200 more in the thousands i've already costed myself... only thing is... I don't have $200... i'm unemployed, so i'll get a check on friday, and i can pay it then...

Judge:

"We can't setup a payment plan for this much money"

WHAT?! lol... I have a payment plan open in linden for the same amount...

I explain to him how i'm recently 'laid off,' and that i'll have a check on friday...

Hes not having it from anyone today, he says EVERYONE is paying their fines today...

re-dic-u-lous...

so, at this point, I ask "so how am I supposed to pay this off by 3pm today?"

he says "Call a friend and borrow the money, or you can work $25/day off in jail..."

at which point I laugh, and say "wait... you're going to put me in jail for a traffic violation??? thats insane! :laugh: "

he didn't really find it funny, and he didn't care it was insane... so whatever... I bounce...

knowing none of my friends have/can/will lend me $200, I borrowed the cash from my dad... so now i've already spent a good chunk of my check thats not here for like 3 more days...

just another day in the life, i suppose...

see, its funny, back when i had MY car... I KNEW i was breaking traffic laws, and i expected this shit... but i've been rockin my dad's 90hp POS for the last 2 months till my car is out of the shop... I asked my dad today, "Is it even possible to speed up <whatever> Road in your car??" (the road is like a 40 degree slope, and i was driving UP it...) for the first time in 2 years, my dad actually agreed with me that it was rediculous... lol.... Atleast that made me feel a little better...

anyway... enough ranting... today is nothing... Thursday is going to be a veritable suckfest...

Do-Gooder Disclaimer: This post does not state nor infer that my actions were right, or that I haven't brought this all on myself... It merely states that it sucks, and I figured if anyone found humor in it, it was worthwhile to post... Therefore, please refrain from stupid holier than thou comments... I already have enough reasons to end it, i don't need anymore... ;)

Originally posted by joeg

I go to court today (for the Nth time...), get the "driving while suspended" charge dropped (that was the one where 'angel' fucked something up in the computer causing it to flag me as suspended when I wasn't)... I had another ticket for careless driving, which was dropped to "unsafe driving" (no points, like it fucking matters anymore...)

so ok... another $200 down the drain... whatever... whats $200 more in the thousands i've already costed myself... only thing is... I don't have $200... i'm unemployed, so i'll get a check on friday, and i can pay it then...

Judge:

I explain to him how i'm recently 'laid off,' and that i'll have a check on friday...

Hes not having it from anyone today, he says EVERYONE is paying their fines today...

re-dic-u-lous...

he says "Call a friend and borrow the money, or you can work $25/day off in jail..."

at which point I laugh, and say "wait... you're going to put me in jail for a traffic violation??? thats insane! :laugh: "

he didn't really find it funny, and he didn't care it was insane... so whatever... I bounce...

knowing none of my friends have/can/will lend me $200, I borrowed the cash from my dad... so now i've already spent a good chunk of my check thats not here for like 3 more days...

see, its funny, back when i had MY car... I KNEW i was breaking traffic laws, and i expected this shit... but i've been rockin my dad's 90hp POS for the last 2 months till my car is out of the shop... I asked my dad today, "Is it even possible to speed up <whatever> Road in your car??" (the road is like a 40 degree slope, and i was driving UP it...) for the first time in 2 years, my dad actually agreed with me that it was rediculous... lol.... Atleast that made me feel a little better...

anyway... enough ranting... today is nothing... Thursday is going to be a veritable suckfest...

Do-Gooder Disclaimer: This post does not state nor infer that my actions were right, or that I haven't brought this all on myself... It merely states that it sucks, and I figured if anyone found humor in it, it was worthwhile to post... Therefore, please refrain from stupid holier than thou comments... I already have enough reasons to end it, i don't need anymore... ;)

Wrong Judge At the Wrong Time. Sorry to hear about that...

Basically with the court system if you had gone a day before or a day later... You fate could have been completely different...

But with him saying. $25 bucks a day in Jail. I think I would have been held in contempt... I would have had to much to say...

Originally posted by elementx

Wrong Judge At the Wrong Time. Sorry to hear about that...

Basically with the court system if you had gone a day before or a day later... You fate could have been completely different...

But with him saying. $25 bucks a day in Jail. I think I would have been held in contempt... I would have had to much to say...

yeah, i've been to a LOT of different courts, on MANY occasions... and each and every time is completely different from the others... its so random... thank god all i did was speed... Could you imagine having this lottery decide whether or not you rot in prison for the rest of your life???

joe, i just got 2 tickets in jersey the other night... 41 in a 25, and no proof of insurance.... yeah i dunno why it wasnt in my car, but i have it now. anyway... should i plead not guilty to the speeding in hopes it gets dropped or mail in the $98 ? the no proof of insurance is a mandatory court date!:blank: oh well.

Originally posted by roninmess

joe, i just got 2 tickets in jersey the other night... 41 in a 25, and no proof of insurance.... yeah i dunno why it wasnt in my car, but i have it now. anyway... should i plead not guilty to the speeding in hopes it gets dropped or mail in the $98 ? the no proof of insurance is a mandatory court date!:blank: oh well.

If you have to go to court for 1 of the tickets, then you might aswell talk to the prosecuter and see if he'll knockdown/drop the speeding... if you're record is good (or you're a good talker), you can probably get it knocked down to "unsafe driving" which is a no-points ticket... or maybe they'll just lower the speed on the ticket...

good luck with it!

If you have to go to court for 1 of the tickets, then you might aswell talk to the prosecuter and see if he'll knockdown/drop the speeding... if you're record is good (or you're a good talker), you can probably get it knocked down to "unsafe driving" which is a no-points ticket... or maybe they'll just lower the speed on the ticket...

good luck with it!

thanx brotha man

41 in a 25? the cop was being a dick. you can argue that you could at least be going 39, and the prosecutor will definitely drop it to 2 points......even if you got clocked the accuracy is +/- 5mph.

39 in a 25 is a 2pter since it's 1-14mph. 15+ is a 4pter.

if you can't get it dropped to no points, he should def. give you that......

Originally posted by dr0ne

41 in a 25? the cop was being a dick. you can argue that you could at least be going 39, and the prosecutor will definitely drop it to 2 points......even if you got clocked the accuracy is +/- 5mph.

39 in a 25 is a 2pter since it's 1-14mph. 15+ is a 4pter.

if you can't get it dropped to no points, he should def. give you that......

cool... i wouldnt get points anyway cause i am in NY.

lol... 41 in a 25... what a joke... he probably did 80 in that 25 just to pull you over and give you the ticket...

ed is right, radar is +/- 5mph... if he wasn't using radar (marked on the ticket) you may be able to argue more...

Any one here ever get a ticket in Connecticut...

They have some wierd pricing on there tickets and they are fuckin expensive... A friend of mine got a ticket one day when we were working out there. On our way home he got clocked at I believe

80 in a 55... This is 4 years ago. And I believe the ticket was like

$237 bucks or some wierd number like that... It might have been more... But it was some wierd number...

I am convinced if you have NY plates you are screwed no matter where you drive outside of NY...

:mad:

Originally posted by j303j

im pretty sure you will still get the points.

nah ny has a no transfer points program or some shit... i got a reckless driving in nj once, and it got knocked down to careless driving. i think that was 2 points, but it didnt transfer... i think if the offense is 4 points or higher, it transfers. i might be wrong.

nah ny has a no transfer points program or some shit... i got a reckless driving in nj once, and it got knocked down to careless driving. i think that was 2 points, but it didnt transfer... i think if the offense is 4 points or higher, it transfers. i might be wrong.

41 in a 25 is 4 points.

Yo Robin...

I totally forgot about my past history around here...

2 years ago I got ticket on a Sunday afternoon 30 seconds from my apartment on Busch campus.

53 in a 25. Cop wouldn't budge on the spot.

I went to court, you talk to the lady before hand and she pulls you aside. They basically reduced it to a stop sign violation or some shit like that. Points don't transfer to NY so who cares, I never should have gone to court. They stole an extra $30 of my dough. Bastards!

Originally posted by teklord310

Yo Robin...

I totally forgot about my past history around here...

2 years ago I got ticket on a Sunday afternoon 30 seconds from my apartment on Busch campus.

53 in a 25. Cop wouldn't budge on the spot.

I went to court, you talk to the lady before hand and she pulls you aside. They basically reduced it to a stop sign violation or some shit like that. Points don't transfer to NY so who cares, I never should have gone to court. They stole an extra $30 of my dough. Bastards!

did the total come out more then the original fine? cause i think i wanna just pay the ticket off

it would have been cheaper for me to buy a really shitty place in ny state just so i could have a ny liscense, and all my nj points wouldn't have mattered...

it would probably cost me the same fucking amount to rent a shithole with an address as i've payed thus far in fines...

:laugh: that sux. everytime i go to court they ask me when i can pay the ticket by, not tell me i have to pay it by the end of the day. that is besides the point that i have gotten tickets for going 100+ in 45mph zones and gotten them brought down to 65 + defensive driving class. i dont understand how you have to pay 300$ for going 40 hahahah.

and yeah ive gotten a ticket in CT, they are real expensive but no points go on your liscense if you are from out of state..

my license is now down to zero points, and i am a model driver :updown:

Judge:

re-dic-u-lous...

This is scary joey, you sound like me I alwys get fucked by traffic cops.

Anyway what is jail worth in a day much more.

Deb had me in jail for sending her an email, thank god i know the prosecutor and the cops in manhattan, and they knew how she overeacted so I got out in a half of a day, not bad, thank god i have money, I mean my lawyer billed me 1800$ for the 3 minutes I was on the stand. Of course I do not have to get the best jewish lawyer in the city who represents the woo tang clan and many other rappers. My lawyer even represented the greatful dead, and some people I cant even talk about. Im not an elitest bitch but It sucks that those who can pay get benefits.

Thanks god we forgave and love each other to get invloved in that stuff ever again. happy ending mistakes happen.

:)

I share your pain. I'm 25 and I drive like I'm 70. My friends always wonder

what's wrong with me. I told them I paid out the ass for driving like one.

Now I'm cruising grandma style. I got caught doing 71 in a 40 eight Points.

A few months later 55 in a 40 four points suspended license. I paid the

court and let's not talk about insurance now three years later no points knock

on wood...

Don't forget the surcharge....THAT'S LIKE FUCKING RACKETEERING.