Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best sets of the past year

georgeacasta2

Carl Cox @ Ultra!!

Mauro Picotto @ Space back in January

Roland - Sunrise session on the Patio the night of Tom Stephan.

Danny T. WMC'02 @ Space

Honorable Mentions:

Anthony Pappa @ Space

Murk @ Space

Omid 16b, Behrouz, Desyn Tag Teaming on the Patio WMC the night of Deep Dish (Ultra Afterparty)

Deep Dish @ Spin (Opening week)

Lee Burridge @ Spin

Danny Howells @ Space

Steve Lawler @ Crobar

Originally posted by phrankadelic

layo & bushwacka @ goddess - WMC

Tom Middleton and Joshua - WMC

Jeno - rain

Kelvin Andrews - Bliss @ Level

too many sets to remember...these stood out.

Frank, i'm with ya hun! You read my mind.... :D

i'd have to say mine are as follows...

lee burridge @ after party in orlando

three & terry francis @ hyde park cafe, tampa

dj dixon @ lola

lee burridge & sander kleinenberg @ billboard live (wmc)

layo & bushwacka, Mr.C & terry francis @ goddess, miami (wmc)

chris fortier & jimmy van m @ lola bedrock party (wmc)

danny howells @ space

james zabiela @ crobar (openning for sasha)

inland knights @ blue (wmc)

charles webster & jori hulkkonen @ the albion hotel (wmc)

soon to be added to this list...

tyler stadius & jay tripwire @ living room, south beach

in this order...

1. sander kleinenberg (tribal sessions @ B.E.D.)... fucking amazing set, chilled out/low pitched tribal w/ the most amazing vocals, plus, B.E.D looked surreal at 7 AM with the sun coming into the white room.

2. ali (from deep dish 4/20 set @space)... he reminded me what deep dish is all about. so much better than sharam a couple of months after in space.

3. danny tenaglia @ space this past labor day... i didn't think too much of tenaglia until after labor day this year. the man kept me there until 3:30pm.

4. kelvin andrews @ level for independence day... as in every kelvin andrews set i've heard, you just had to be there to believe it.

5. lee buridge @ spin... i absolutely loved this set. wish i could have danced to it.

6. yousef @ nikki beach (wmc) amazing old school house... as rain was pouring all over us. set was finished inside.

7. jason bentley @ rain (wmc)... we were finally all together for wmc... and what a set! does anybody remember meshell ndegeocello - 'earth'?!

8. danny howells @ space (last sat.) this guy is out of hand.

9. nicodemus @ rain... the smaller room at rain, often overlooked, always brought amazing talent. probably the best set i heard at rain outside of the wmc.

10. tom stephan @ tribal sessions B.E.D... leo, i couldn't have said it better myself.

11. gavin hardkiss @ san francisco burning (albion, wmc) many great sets this day, but this man took the cake (looked really cool in his trench coat as well). by the way, amazing location for a party.

i know i must be forgetting some sets, but there you have the top eleven. i purposely did not include resident djs because the list could become endless, but i would definitely include in here dhm (everywhere i've seen them they play an amazing set whether it be @ascencion, rain, lola, space or blue). i personally preferred their gigs at blue every saturday night last semester. there's just something about that place. juan mejia's opening set for harry 'choo choo' romero recently at crobar was OUT OF HAND(romero's set was equally amazing)!! mono henao's and chris duque's sets @ lola (fridays) were very good as well, particularly the night they went all tech house. frank's set at the living room was amazing, to say the least, but unfortunately, i couldn't get to hear demo's or sean's set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the best sets of the year are concerned .....

1) Matter:Form @ Goddess w/ Layo, Bushwacka!, Terry Francis & Mr. C (WMC 02')

2) Hooj Choons @ Opium Garden w/ Tom Middleton & Joshua (WMC 02')

3) Kelvin Andrews @ Level for the 4th of July

4) Miguel Migs @ Rain for Aquabooty

5) Danny Howells @ Space (October 5th)

6) Lee Burridge @ Spin

7) Fish Go Deep @ Lola for Aquabooty

8) Kruder & Dorfmeister @ Rain (WMC 02')

9) Lee Burridge @ Icon (Orlando) better than his Spin set.

10) DHM @ The Loft (Downtown Miami)

those are just some of the sets that stood out from this year and so far it's been a very good one to say the least.

I'm with Marick, I think I could add the Tyler Stadius & Jay Tripwire show @ Living Room to this year's favorite along with Dave Christophere, Greg Chin and Sean Bauzay's set @ Red ....