Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Kills A Club?

Please, add to my list or disagree.

1. Underage drinking resulting in a loss of liquor license.

2.Bad promoting/not enough exposer.

3.No consistency, to much changing of events types and dates.

4.Bad service from staff.

5.Not staying on top of trend and keeping up with the clubs décor.

6.Not having different performances, promotions and special events to keep customers coming back.

And no I don't think having a well skilled DJ is important. But what seems to be more important is

building up his reputation and making him a super star at your club.

I know allot of people who talk about opening up clubs and to be honest with you if I had 50k to invest I would never put it into a night club. Not only does it seem to be hard work but there is so many factors involved. That is why you got to have allot of respect for clubs like Joeys,Metro,Abyss,Temps ect. To keep people coming back to the same club over months and years is amazing and I give the people who run these clubs allot of respect.

Drink Specials. not of enough of em. Not to start any drama, but they are never any drink specials any more. Once in awhile the $2 bud lites. But when was the last time anyone went to Temps, and there was drink specials? just my opinion. I am sure i will get ripped up for this in the next few posts

Drink Specials. not of enough of em. Not to start any drama, but they are never any drink specials any more. Once in awhile the $2 bud lites. But when was the last time anyone went to Temps, and there was drink specials? just my opinion. I am sure i will get ripped up for this in the next few posts

Originally posted by thehype

I agree I want more drink specials on the weekends. Everyone has them on the weekdays. I think the reason why they don't though is because they know your going out on the weekend whether there is drink specials or not.

Originally posted by notallthere

I agree I want more drink specials on the weekends. Everyone has them on the weekdays. I think the reason why they don't though is because they know your going out on the weekend whether there is drink specials or not.

I'd like to add that this ain't fuckin Vegas. Not that I am spendin $8 on a drink or a shot, but $4 per drink is good and $3 a shot is also good. some of the clubs should try to keep the Drink prices down. Now once again i know i will get ripped up for this but i am not tryin to start drama, There is rumor of bamboo raisin prices of drinks from $4 to $6. You would think that a plce like bamboo who has a cheaper cover charge in the summer then temps would have a higher charge on drinks. Lets not forget, Xs, temps and BAmboo are all owned by the same guy.

If anyone wants to rip me up for this, go ahead

Originally posted by zz6

cheezy crowds, amateur vibes,

...yep.........the crowd...which...with the help of the dj is responsible for the vibe.....definitely one of the top club killers...and makers for that matter..........there are certain places i do not go...whether it is certain nights or ever at that venue......main reason....i do not want to hang out at a glorified frat party....and i am not talking age here(although it is a factor)....but ...like zz6 said...cheesy;) .....cheesy guys...cheese hoe little girls....u know what i mean........

....not to mention.....

...poor bar service......rude staff.....dirty venue.....poor location........obvious reasons

Originally posted by thehype

I'd like to add that this ain't fuckin Vegas. Not that I am spendin $8 on a drink or a shot, but $4 per drink is good and $3 a shot is also good. some of the clubs should try to keep the Drink prices down. Now once again i know i will get ripped up for this but i am not tryin to start drama, There is rumor of bamboo raisin prices of drinks from $4 to $6. You would think that a plce like bamboo who has a cheaper cover charge in the summer then temps would have a higher charge on drinks. Lets not forget, Xs, temps and BAmboo are all owned by the same guy.

If anyone wants to rip me up for this, go ahead

$1 bud and bud lights till 11pm

$1 Shots all Night

$3 mixed drinks till 11pm

$4 jack and coke all night!:D

Originally posted by misk

...yep.........the crowd...which...with the help of the dj is responsible for the vibe.....definitely one of the top club killers...and makers for that matter..........there are certain places i do not go...whether it is certain nights or ever at that venue......main reason....i do not want to hang out at a glorified frat party....and i am not talking age here(although it is a factor)....but ...like zz6 said...cheesy;) .....cheesy guys...cheese hoe little girls....u know what i mean........

....not to mention.....

...poor bar service......rude staff.....dirty venue.....poor location........obvious reasons

I think you pretty much got it covered.

if I had 50k to invest I would never put it into a night club.

WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON DOING WITH $50K THAT WOULD COVER THE BATHROOM GUY'S SALARY FOR A YEAR, MY POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE IS THATS NOT ENOUGH TO OPEN A CLOSET LET ALONE A CLUB.:D

Originally posted by kostaP

WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON DOING WITH $50K THAT WOULD COVER THE BATHROOM GUY'S SALARY FOR A YEAR, MY POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE IS THATS NOT ENOUGH TO OPEN A CLOSET LET ALONE A CLUB.:D

Sure it is if i open it in the worst section of newark.....Goodpoint lol

but what happpens to the bar Buy back. 1/2 these places never do that even when you drop some major cash............ I think they should, as a couertsy, it isn't going to hurt them......

also, if a club wasn't so great before, and then it changed and is great or a lot better, it's name has been tainted........ so it is also doomed/killed.................

Sure it is if i open it in the worst section of newark.....Goodpoint lol

Actually a club in newark is for sale. its not 50k thogh its more like 1.6 million

you guys are asking for good music, good drink prices and specials and a friendly staff. Well Next week at rio is tooch and bugot 2 sick DJs, hows $2 beers well drinks and soco lime shots next wed. A friendly staff hmmmm well is Zee friendly ????

as for getting hammered on here for promoting. Well hows this. I am promoting it. I am not making one cent. Actaly ill lose money. The person t the club asked me how mch i was looking for and i jst said to give it to the DJs i just wanna throw a sick party where everyone has a great time

Please, add to my list or disagree.

1. Underage drinking resulting in a loss of liquor license.

2.Bad promoting/not enough exposer.

3.No consistency, to much changing of events types and dates.

4.Bad service from staff.

5.Not staying on top of trend and keeping up with the clubs décor.

6.Not having different performances, promotions and special events to keep customers coming back.

And no I don't think having a well skilled DJ is important. But what seems to be more important is

building up his reputation and making him a super star at your club.

I know allot of people who talk about opening up clubs and to be honest with you if I had 50k to invest I would never put it into a night club. Not only does it seem to be hard work but there is so many factors involved. That is why you got to have allot of respect for clubs like Joeys,Metro,Abyss,Temps ect. To keep people coming back to the same club over months and years is amazing and I give the people who run these clubs allot of respect.

I definitely give all the people who run/own venues. People are so finicky and always changing their mind....Keeping people happy can be hard....

IMO Vibe and Energy and who I am with is what defines a good time for me at a club. (and of course muzik) And honestly majority of these places these days lack this. And I can honestly say this is because a few determining factors:

1 - MP3's, People used to get all amped up to go out and hear that one song that you can never have and when you heard it you would go ape shit. Now everything can be gotten at the tips of our fingers (not that i am complaining) and this takes away from some of that excitement or so called energy.

2 - K & G, people used to bounce off walls on pills and coke and whatever it might be and now with these new club drugs people are walking around like the living dead, mself included (no G for me though).......lol.

And that is all I have to say about that......:)

Originally posted by whatevaman

IMO Vibe and Energy and who I am with is what defines a good time for me at a club. (and of course muzik) And honestly majority of these places these days lack this. And I can honestly say this is because a few determining factors:

1 - MP3's, People used to get all amped up to go out and hear that one song that you can never have and when you heard it you would go ape shit. Now everything can be gotten at the tips of our fingers (not that i am complaining) and this takes away from some of that excitement or so called energy.

2 - K & G, people used to bounce off walls on pills and coke and whatever it might be and now with these new club drugs people are walking around like the living dead, mself included (no G for me though).......lol.

Originally posted by whatevaman

Great point.

I dunno about everyone else. But k makes me feel really drunk and like you said like a zombie. I meen come on its fucking cat tranx.

Originally posted by shook

too much BeeF and not enough ChickeN

GOOD ANSWER :aright:

I'd also like to add sea hags....................well that what we call em anyway, those 40+ yr old ladies that inhabit the back patio at surf club who should have stopped tanning 15 years ago, but still like to party like a rockstar in their 20's

Originally posted by ou812

GOOD ANSWER :aright:

I'd also like to add sea hags....................well that what we call em anyway, those 40+ yr old ladies that inhabit the back patio at surf club who should have stopped tanning 15 years ago, but still like to party like a rockstar in their 20's

yeah same thing but MEN..... ewwwwwwww, old enough to be my Dad all staring.................. Ewwwwwwww grossssssss