Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boo Review-

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Henry didn't make is he missed his flight from Chicago.

BT shocked me I thought he was gonna throw down hard breaks but 2 songs in I heard Fischerspooner's "Emerge" <--gotta love that song.

Saeed & Palash just incredible as usual. I am bias though because I just love these guys. Perfection.

Dave Ralph awesome job had us all jumping around.

No Roger S :( He cancelled, gonna have to hit Centro on the 18th

Crystal Method awesome job!

Matt Xavier such a cool kat and killer dj.

Donald Glaude must be one of the nicest damn people you will ever meet and a killer DJ.

Big thanks to Jeff, Dana, Flip, Chris Love, Mama SOE, The BEAR, Anthony, Steve B., and the Stuck On Earth Crew for a great time.

Respect.

L

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Scott Henry didn't make is he missed his flight from Chicago.

BT shocked me I thought he was gonna throw down hard breaks but 2 songs in I heard Fischerspooner's "Emerge" <--gotta love that song.

Saeed & Palash just incredible as usual. I am bias though because I just love these guys. Perfection.

Dave Ralph awesome job had us all jumping around.

No Roger S :( He cancelled, gonna have to hit Centro on the 18th

Crystal Method awesome job!

Matt Xavier such a cool kat and killer dj.

Donald Glaude must be one of the nicest damn people you will ever meet and a killer DJ.

Big thanks to Jeff, Dana, Flip, Chris Love, Mama SOE, The BEAR, Anthony, Steve B., and the Stuck On Earth Crew for a great time.

Respect.

L

nvmind. i was majorly misinformed. it had to have been BT since he started with "Fibonacci Sequence" (which remix?).

BOO was EXCELLENT!!!!

whoever didnt go really missed out...The music was amazing in every tent...the Vibe was awesome...the rain didnt damper everyone's passion for Dancing to the Music that they we All LOVE!

Crystal Method WOW!!!!

and Executioners.....OMG!!! Amazingggggggg!!!!!

definetely one of the best parties Ive been to all YEAR!

I was there from 11am - 11pm....and I really felt like I was there for only 5 minutes....the time flew by...I wished that i could've stayed there for 12 more hours!!!

Guest tilly
Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

and Executioners.....OMG!!! Amazingggggggg!!!!!

could you please elaborate on this as i missed it and this would have been the *highlight* for me~

BOO was a fucking $10 party that I paid $55 bucks for.

Canceling the Main Stage WITHOUT telling anyone, and then putting the DJ's anywhere they want WITHOUT telling anyone was fucked up. I mean DJ Bam Bam spining in the beer tent? WTF? My clock radio speaker is more clear and louder than that beer tent was.

Donald Glaude's Set Was SUB-PAR at best. It lacked his usual energy and funk which I have come to expect from him over the years.

Feelgood was horrible, he stuck with all that centro-fly light house shit.

BT was a DISASTER!!! What was it? 4 needle skips in a one hour set? He should stick with the live PA's like everyone says.

I will give it to Doc Martin though, awesome set, and i missed saeed and palash, but i heard they were great.

The Mud was a pain, but nothin can be done about that.

EVERYONE was smoking dust! Why the fuck are people doing this shit? Just smoke pot damnit, people think they are so hard in the Dip-And-Bass tent, when they just look like crackheads.

The rides and decorations were useless, cut 10 or 20 dollars off the price of a ticket and leave that shit out next time.

They should just make rain dates and not do this rain or shine shit again.

i thought all the sets were good, but the stupid lineup sheet was wrong and i couldnt tell who was playign unless i rcognized them. I think my favorite set was donald glaude (if he has an afro), and the guy that was on before him marco something? And that whole thing with the missing tent was messed up, how can u know that so many people arent going to show that you dont even bother to set up the last tent? thats fucked up on SOE's part. Other than that it was a good vibe and great music.

No, that was bam bam, my gf knows him from Chicago, and we had a conversation with him while he was waiting to go on in the beer tent. He was pretty pissed because SOE was not even letting him know what time or how long he would spin. Then we watched him spin for a while.........It wuz him in the beer tent 4 sure

Bam Bam was in the Trance Tent before S&P and he sucked ass. He was probably to only Dj I didn't like the entire day. Like pick a direction and go there. He was all over and sucked not just at one thing but everything he did. The rain didn't stop anyone from dancing their asses off. Only reason why BT's needle skipped ONCE was because people were pushing against the riser to get to him. Girls and guys reaching out trying to get a handshake it was insane.

And fwilso01 they made an annoucement that they had to close the openair stages for OBVIOUS reasons due to the weather. But did a nice job of still getting everyone in there.

Printed schedule changes were taped up on the speakers but no one seemed to look or care because they were having a good time regardless.

fwilso01 you just seem to like that pots and pans clanging sound so we'll let you slide on the commentary.

ok whatever

BT's needle skipped 3 times and he destroyed one mix with a scratch.

"pots and pans"?????

Yeah, you saying you like when BT dropped "emerge".

That says alot about 1) your taste in DJ's 2) your taste in music.

Hard House is for those of us that didnt get into the scene 10 minutes ago.

SOE ripped me off. This shit was $55. ULTRA 4 was $50. Think about it for a second, glad you had a good time though, i guess there is a sucker born every minute.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

And fwilso01 they made an annoucement that they had to close the openair stages for OBVIOUS reasons due to the weather. But did a nice job of still getting everyone in there.

Printed schedule changes were taped up on the speakers but no one seemed to look or care because they were having a good time regardless.

Do you work for SOE? That is the biggest cop-out ever. HOw are you going to throw a party that says RAIN or SHINE, and then not have a backup TENT for the MAIN STAGE? What the ravers are supposed to be prepared for the rain but the promoters arent? What kind of excuse is that. And the lineup cards were flat out wrong so dont even say that ravers are stupid and cant read the damn cards. How can u say it was a good job when there were whole tents missing! not even just one!

BUT! I am not going to lie i had a GREAT time, vibe was off the hook and music was GREAT. But no way cani say good job SOE

Originally posted by fwilso01

BOO was a fucking $10 party that I paid $55 bucks for.

BT was a DISASTER!!! What was it? 4 needle skips in a one hour set? He should stick with the live PA's like everyone says.

The Mud was a pain, but nothin can be done about that.

EVERYONE was smoking dust! Why the fuck are people doing this shit?

The rides and decorations were useless, cut 10 or 20 dollars off the price of a ticket and leave that shit out next time.

They should just make rain dates and not do this rain or shine shit again.

i agree 100%. it's not their fault that the weather sucked but for those of us who are under 21 there were basically only 3 areas (tents) for us to choose from instead of the advertised 8. The sound was pretty good and the lighting was ok but having a couple more stacks and another row of trackspots in the middle/back of each tent would've helped. needles definitely skipped more than they should have and the mic volume in the d'n'b tent was way too high.

there was a huge police presence (by DC standards anyway) and i saw tons of people get arrested :hey:

big ups to DC/VA/MD party kids, i ran into lots of people i knew from buzz.

any idea which DJ went on after Bam-Bam in the trance tent - he started with some psy trance followed by an oliver lieb tune? and who was playing in that tent from ~6:30-8pm - he alone almost made the event worth going to!

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

any idea which DJ went on after Bam-Bam in the trance tent - he started with some psy trance followed by an oliver lieb tune? and who was playing in that tent from ~6:30-8pm - he alone almost made the event worth going to!

I am pretty sure that was Dave Ralph..and i agree he fucking ROCKED it. It was one of the highlights for me, but i could be wrong, even though im pretty sure i recognized him. But who can be sure of anything at boo with those fucked up line-ups lists

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

any idea which DJ went on after Bam-Bam in the trance tent - he started with some psy trance followed by an oliver lieb tune?

edit: who was the DJ on after DJ Funk and before Bam-Bam? he only played liked 4 records but it was a good tune selection.

if it was dave ralph on from around 6:30 to 8'ish then he must have taken a crash course in how to be a sick DJ - i never liked his sets very much when he was a buzz resident but his boo set was :eek: and :clap2:. ill vocals over housey progressive beats and nasty basslines early on in his set - any trainspotters?