Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinybutterfli

Vida

Recommended Posts

I knew I was going to dislike this place but I tried to keep an open mind. Plus it was my friend's bday so I wasn't going to complain about the place she picked!

I think its a restaurant by day??

The bouncers were assholes. Please forgive me for not having silicon breasts but you don't have to be rude! :rolleyes: We got there shortly before 1 and I reluctantly paid $10 to get in. Sidenote: we were suppose to be on a bartender's guestlist but surprise surprise "What guestlist?"

What is DC's fasnication with hip hop? I mean every club is the same damn thing! Where's the variety & diversity? I think Vida is promoted by DC Pictures...

Even the several martinis I had at Aroma beforehand couldn't ease the pain of having to listen to the music at Vida. Apparently the most "in" dance to do is grinding. :rolleyes: Too bad there wasn't anyone there I remotely wanted to get close enough to :tongue:

I actually overhead a guy say "I like to grab girls' asses as they walk by"

Oh man... I lasted about 45 minutes and then I had to get the hell out of there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hell ya! i like to grab girls asses too! i gotta check this vida place out. maybe if i get my eminem and p.diddy records together they'll let me spin there ??:D

i'm sorry you had to endure that shit tiny...i wouldnt have expected anything else tho. you bring up a good point...what the fuck is dc's obsession with bullshit hip-hop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what they play in the majority of dc clubs IS NOT HIP HOP! it's always top 40's rap crap. How dare they say hip hop is being spun when its really shit like ludacris and nelly. blech. leaves a bad taste in my mouth just by talking about them:mad: I do appreciate REAL hip hop (black eyed peas, prince paul, dan the automator, kool keith:O) but i could careless about scruff daddy and Gay-z.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spinsaikel

what they play in the majority of dc clubs IS NOT HIP HOP! it's always top 40's rap crap. How dare they say hip hop is being spun when its really shit like ludacris and nelly. blech. leaves a bad taste in my mouth just by talking about them:mad: I do appreciate REAL hip hop (black eyed peas, prince paul, dan the automator, kool keith:O) but i could careless about scruff daddy and Gay-z.

EXACTLY...thats why i said 'bullshit hip-hop'

its like - i dont even consider what they play at those clubs hip-hop. its just some shitty pop music.

unbelievable what mainstream culture can do to a great underground style of music. i mean-just look at what is happening to electronic music..the same thing.

oh well - whadda ya gonna do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Kuro

I was about to say the same thing about pop rap vs. hip-hop. I hope the same doesn't happen with EDM.

You guys are lucky you don't WKTU down there... :cuss:

Good business model...BAAAAAAAAAAAD music...:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by djbuster

EXACTLY...thats why i said 'bullshit hip-hop'

its like - i dont even consider what they play at those clubs hip-hop. its just some shitty pop music.

unbelievable what mainstream culture can do to a great underground style of music. i mean-just look at what is happening to electronic music..the same thing.

oh well - whadda ya gonna do?

dont even use the word hip hop. just say rap crap or pop rap:O).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by djbuster

hell ya! i like to grab girls asses too! i gotta check this vida place out. maybe if i get my eminem and p.diddy records together they'll let me spin there ??:D

Don't forget to wear your white suit ala Miami Vice... and orange & white sneakers. I saw some guy wearing this *lol* Oh yeah, put lots of grease in your hair :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Don't forget to wear your white suit ala Miami Vice... and orange & white sneakers. I saw some guy wearing this *lol* Oh yeah, put lots of grease in your hair :rolleyes:

and the sun glasses....well its all about the bottom line. the cheese crowd brings in $$$, if you want to make $$$ out of your event, i thik you will get that cheese crowd.

thats why i love techno. the mainstream probably think techno is some weird hybrid type of music, some obscure type of music...weird shit...hell, i'll eat my shorts if i ever hear techno tracks on the radio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×