Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JAMES LAVELLE GU#023 BARCELONA out tomorrow: 10/15

mrfeeling

JAMES LAVELLE GU#023 BARCELONA out tomorrow: 10/15

By all accounts, this is one of the best sets in the GU series. Mr. Lavelle is a DJ with pure class. GU has once again stretched the boundaries of the scene and taken and applaudable risk . This is not a set built for trainspotting and/or music elitism...it's one based simply on a great DJ's interpretation of great music.

btw...wicked Ian Brown and Doves UNKLE re-mixes end each disc.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. Nothing that is fluid and contstantly changing can "tank"...it simply grows and changes. By your statements, its clear that GU was able to introduce lots of interesting music to your life and from that introduction you were able to move forward and seek out alot of that music on your own. So maybe now you dont need that introduction but there are kids out there that do. So, instead of shitting on a label and a series that was obviously important to you why not celebrate its growth and the role that it had in your musical direction.

In short, it doesn't get more "top notch" than James Lavelle. He is an integral part of dance music history, an amazing man and a great talent. Not to mention that if most of the guys whos names are more familiar (inc. Emerson/Deluxe) heard someone slagging James off they would be the first to come back and tell you that he is amazingly talented and that this disc is a huge, positive step forward for GU.

Originally posted by mrfeeling

I respect your opinion but I disagree. Nothing that is fluid and contstantly changing can "tank"...it simply grows and changes. By your statements, its clear that GU was able to introduce lots of interesting music to your life and from that introduction you were able to move forward and seek out alot of that music on your own. So maybe now you dont need that introduction but there are kids out there that do. So, instead of shitting on a label and a series that was obviously important to you why not celebrate its growth and the role that it had in your musical direction.

In short, it doesn't get more "top notch" than James Lavelle. He is an integral part of dance music history, an amazing man and a great talent. Not to mention that if most of the guys whos names are more familiar (inc. Emerson/Deluxe) heard someone slagging James off they would be the first to come back and tell you that he is amazingly talented and that this disc is a huge, positive step forward for GU.

dude, just come out and say that your promoting the CD, we wont :blown: for it...and puleeze, "an integral part of dance music history" :laugh: :laugh:

thank you, i had:laugh: a very stressful day and you provided me with comic relief for th eday:laugh:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

The GU series in general has tanked. It's kind of the end of an era... those CDs were always the first word in music... now they're just another compilation CD.

That reminds me.. I really want to pick up the new Darren Emerson/Tim Deluxe CD. Has anyone heard it yet?

i agree w/ your comment, thats why i dont buy them anymore, truly after listening to that cd 2 times, it got lost in my car, dont know where it is, but its there somewhere, maybe in between the seats or something.

i got the emmerson/deluxe cd, if u got SS you can DL from my machine

lol...thansk for the comliment.

But, seriously Im not promoting...I just feel strongly about this...and James Lavelle truly is an integral party of dance music history.....

thanks for the offer but I BUY NOT BURN.

:laugh: I'm sure Vic will be heartbroken anyways, but I think the offer was to nyis.

Originally posted by whadupg

:laugh: I'm sure Vic will be heartbroken anyways, but I think the offer was to nyis.

sniff sniff i'm breaking down here...i am emotionally scarred for the rest of my life.....:rolleyes:

yup the offer was for nyis4mh.

shiiet, i aint paying $20 for something that costs $o.50 to produce, i'd ratherr save that money and PAY MY BILLS and KEEP MY GOOD CREDIT :D

Originally posted by vicman

i agree w/ your comment, thats why i dont buy them anymore, truly after listening to that cd 2 times, it got lost in my car, dont know where it is, but its there somewhere, maybe in between the seats or something.

What's you SS name??

Hey Vic, thanks for the offer, but the only computer I'm ever on is my computer at work. I'm a computer scientist... I don't own a computer myself.

As for the whole GU-conversation... I don't think I'd ever pledge any kind of loyalty to a CD series. If a CD in the series looks good to me, if I've heard good reviews, or if it's just something that'd interest me, I'd buy it. The new GU fits into none of these categories, so I won't.

lol...thansk for the comliment.

But, seriously Im not promoting...I just feel strongly about this...and James Lavelle truly is an integral party of dance music history.....

thanks for the offer but I BUY NOT BURN.

If your not promoting, then how come you put this on every board. And you only have 15 posts, hmmmmmm. What have you been up to since January????? :shaky:

Originally posted by kaydup

What's you SS name??

same as CP.

yeah, i dunno I think that mr.feeling dude might me james lavalle in disguise or something.

i was totally lmao on his thread on the NY board, he's basically giving lavalle a :bj: saying how great its that he's using a "BAPE" t-shirt 'cos it a clothing line of a friend of lavalle's and thats a class act to do and shit. wtf?!?!:blown: :blown:

what are you talking about...hmm...what about the licensing of the records...the payment to the artist...the packaging...and all of the other expenses that go into puting an album together....you may feel entitled to steal music because of some self-richeous, ill-conceived notion that you have a right to do so but it is simply WRONG and it is killing our scene....the indie labels and shops are dropping like flys already...

what are you talking about...hmm...what about the licensing of the records...the payment to the artist...the packaging...and all of the other expenses that go into puting an album together....you may feel entitled to steal music because of some self-richeous, ill-conceived notion that you have a right to do so but it is simply WRONG and it is killing our scene....the indie labels and shops are dropping like flys already...

Our scene has improved dramatically since music sharing began 4 to 5 years ago. DRAMATICALLY.

Someone hears a burned James Lavalle CD... that person is now turned onto his music.. next time he comes to town, they drop $15 to see him at a club. The club sees this, then is more apt to hire James at a higher price next time. Everyone wins.

Here we go with the music sharing debate again :rolleyes: Show me proof that it's "killing our scene". I don't buy it for a second (especially when applied to the GU label).

-Should be working, but this post bugged me

:laugh: :laugh: hello kitty vibrator! you kill me! only 6"???? is this intended for kids??!!! :laugh:

Your so-called "stealing of music" has always been here and will always be here so you can just move on from that false claim that it's "killing our scene" like it's this new thing. And what's "simply WRONG" is having to pay $20 for a cd that only has two good tracks on it. If the bastard record labels got some dignity then maybe so many people wouldn't feel the need to "steal music". They keep throwing out shit onto the shelves just to keep the names fresh. That should be against the law.

Originally posted by snatch69

:laugh: :laugh: hello kitty vibrator! you kill me! only 6"???? is this intended for kids??!!! :laugh:

well, it seems that that is the only size they have...i took it from some web page, seems that they only sell these in japan. i dunno, maybe 6 inches is all they need over there. :D

but wait a min while i resolve this issue........:D

Originally posted by snatch69

there, i called the company up, and they informed me that they will promptly start producing sizes triple the original size :eek: :eek: