Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been to Exit in NY??

trevorsafe5

if you're into hanging out with the 18-21 crowd, which were at the time i went composed of wannabe, preppy, annoying, stupid, drunk little fucks from the area, why not..

i went there a while ago for my 20th birthday....hated it so much. i was molested left and right by shirtless, wasted, ugly, stupid mo fo juiceheads who thought apparently that all females there were there for their amusement...

never went back. try other clubs in the city, seriously, even roxy is better than exit.

i agree with sassa.

exit really sucks and i mean it. its a huge club, but in essence, they overpack the place, ventilation is horrible, bathrooms are gross, cracked out asian-kids (dont mean it as an insult, but i would say that at least 2/3 of the cracked out people there are asian kids) sitting all over the floor that you have to watch where your walking for fear of stepping on them., expensive, and very rude staff.

i'l be going to roxy for the first time this friday for sasha, but from what i know rowy saturdays is a circuit party.

since your gonna be in ny for nye, slowly some lineups are starting to be announced.

saeed and palash at arc (but arc is dry)

deep dish at republik (old limelight)

other good places to visit would be: discotheque on thursdays (zabiela and gerrard were there last month, craig richards was supposed to be there las week), centro fly (they do have a dress code) dave seaman and steve porter were thre last saturday, parks and wilson this thursday, filter 14 where satoshi tomiie spins once a month. this thursday they have chris fortier and stve porter.

My mate went to Arc recently and said it was full of attitude and he didn`t enjoy it. He also said that Roxy was full of Muscle Mary`s with shirts off. Thanks for your views on Exit. I won`t go. I wish Twilo was still open. It Rocked.

What is everyone else doin for NYE?

Yeah, like vicman and Sassa said about EXIT, it's really not worth your time.

Roxy isn't so bad, but then again, it's better to go with a good dj.

Twilo was my all time favorite, next to Limelight and what Soundfactory used to be like.

I haven't been to vinyl/arc, but i've heard mixed reviews. The people who go there weekly love it, and the people who just visit it every now and then seem "eh"

But Crobar will be opening soon, which wets my palette

Im not sure what's on the Agenda for NYE yet, but STAY AWAY FROM TIMES SQUARE :laugh::worry::shake:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Yeah, like vicman and Sassa said about EXIT, it's really not worth your time.

Roxy isn't so bad, but then again, it's better to go with a good dj.

Twilo was my all time favorite, next to Limelight and what Soundfactory used to be like.

I haven't been to vinyl/arc, but i've heard mixed reviews. The people who go there weekly love it, and the people who just visit it every now and then seem "eh"

But Crobar will be opening soon, which wets my palette

Im not sure what's on the Agenda for NYE yet, but STAY AWAY FROM TIMES SQUARE :laugh::worry::shake:

I have been to Times Square before and it sucked ass. Not even at New Year! Do you have a web address for Crobar? And what is the Soundfactory like now?

Thanks

:roll::chainsaw:

new year's eve, huh? i'm bummed that i'm not gonna be in nyc for thanksgiving, 'cause new york always has dopeass parties on turkey day eve :cry: .

as for me, here out west, i'm not all that stoked about going out. pvd will be here for his third new year's in a row, but the people throwing the event have had a steady record of messing shit up for a while now. and i've seen pvd twice and have been disappointed both times. loved "out there and back" and will say that it was life-altering (seriously, as cheesy as it sounds) but maybe that's all there is from him, for me :worry: . besides, i don't really like new year's parties. i think there's just something about all the pressure to have a good time that makes everyone on edge, and that makes for a bad vibe. my best new year'ses have all been spent with just a couple of friends, and usually at someone's house, just chillin'. last year was the best, and we did just that. if that same friend wants to go see pvd, i may too, but otherwise, i don't think i'll go.

a lot of people do not seem to know when crobar in NYC will open, but my guess is that it wont be open by NYE.

for that reason there is no web site for crobar nyc. crobar miami and crobar chicago have web sites but i dont have them handy since i'm not in my home computer where i have them and im to lazy to look for them in yahoo.

type up crobar and soundfactory on yahoo and it should come up.

i like arc, although i liked buzz better, but i liked arc better when it was vinyl, all ghetto and shit, horrible sound system etc, it had more of an underground feeling to it. spent many memorable nights and days there when i lived in ny.

i agree that twilo was absolutely the best. limelight was my second favorite place, first club i went to in ny.

Originally posted by sassa

hey weyes. tiesto is spinning next week in san diego in a club called montage...$50 for VIP tickets, $25 for regular...maybe something you can check out.

thanks, sassa. the friend i was discussing earlier in this thread was really stoked about tiesto's upcoming spundae visit, but it's already sold out and he's heartbroken. he knew tiesto was coming at least a month and a half ago, i don't know why he stalled on getting the tix... i'll pass along the info about sd :) .

Originally posted by weyes

thanks, sassa. the friend i was discussing earlier in this thread was really stoked about tiesto's upcoming spundae visit, but it's already sold out and he's heartbroken. he knew tiesto was coming at least a month and a half ago, i don't know why he stalled on getting the tix... i'll pass along the info about sd :) .

isnt digweed supposed to be at the mayan on halloween?

Originally posted by vicman

since your gonna be in ny for nye, slowly some lineups are starting to be announced.

saeed and palash at arc (but arc is dry)

deep dish at republik (old limelight)

other good places to visit would be: discotheque on thursdays (zabiela and gerrard were there last month, craig richards was supposed to be there las week), centro fly (they do have a dress code) dave seaman and steve porter were thre last saturday, parks and wilson this thursday, filter 14 where satoshi tomiie spins once a month. this thursday they have chris fortier and stve porter.

So I guess that rules out Deep Dish at the Hollywood Ave NYE this year... sucks, I thought they were amazing...

filter 14 this thursday... is anyone not going to see Carl Cox??

Originally posted by sebastianxy

So I guess that rules out Deep Dish at the Hollywood Ave NYE this year... sucks, I thought they were amazing...

filter 14 this thursday... is anyone not going to see Carl Cox??

Where are deep dish NYE?

I think arc may be ok. $30 - $40 and free champagne all night. Aparently.:chop::chainsaw: