Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been to Exit in NY??

trevorsafe5

Originally posted by sebastianxy

So I guess that rules out Deep Dish at the Hollywood Ave NYE this year... sucks, I thought they were amazing...

well not exactly, they are at Republik that day, the old Limelight. I really liked Limelight when it was around, first club I ever went to when I lived in NY, I really, really liked it. The deal is its reopening later this month, so I dont know what the vibe will be, dress code etc., but if its as good as Limelight used to be then its pure money.

Originally posted by trevorsafe5

Where are deep dish NYE?

I think arc may be ok. $30 - $40 and free champagne all night. Aparently.:chop::chainsaw:

deep dish at republik (old limelight), arc might get super crowded, although every place will probably get super crowded. i would just wait and see what other stuff is on the schedule an dthen decide.

Originally posted by vicman

deep dish at republik (old limelight), arc might get super crowded, although every place will probably get super crowded. i would just wait and see what other stuff is on the schedule an dthen decide.

Ah. I love Deep Dish. Best set I ever heard wa at Bedrock a few years back. They played the remix of Music and no one had ever heard it before.

Someone will have to let me know what Republik is like. At the mo Arc is looking the best bet.

We arrive on 28th Dec and are staying for a week, you reckon we could catch another club night?:letsgo::biggun:

well the place is an church and had good lighting system and it decorated goh style on the inside, pretty tight.

deep dish are there on the 16th of november, same day steve lawler is at arc, i'm thinking of going up that weekend

Vic,

One last question about NY clubs! What do you think about Centro Fly??

:rolleyes:

its ok. was there for my first time last week. three different rooms, one is vip, the other 2 is where they have the dj's and stuff. a bit on the smallish side, for a club that is bringing in the talent that they are. best nights to go seem to be thursdays, but if i recall well last week they had P&W, john acquaviva and christopher lawrence on consecutive nights.

just don like that they have a dress code. sneakers and jeans will probably not get you in but you dont have to go super decked out either.

its ok. was there for my first time last week. three different rooms, one is vip, the other 2 is where they have the dj's and stuff. a bit on the smallish side, for a club that is bringing in the talent that they are. best nights to go seem to be thursdays, but if i recall well last week they had P&W, john acquaviva and christopher lawrence on consecutive nights.

just don like that they have a dress code. sneakers and jeans will probably not get you in but you dont have to go super decked out either.

Except at work all I wear is sneakers and jeans / combats. I aint goin

Except at work all I wear is sneakers and jeans / combats. I aint goin

apparently gmcookney who also posts here, was not allowed into centro fly a couple of weeks ago because he was wearing jeans. chances are, me and my friend i was going with would have not gotten in either, since we were both wearing jeans on that day, but then we found out that dave seaman had bailed and we went to arc instead.

apparently gmcookney who also posts here, was not allowed into centro fly a couple of weeks ago because he was wearing jeans. chances are, me and my friend i was going with would have not gotten in either, since we were both wearing jeans on that day, but then we found out that dave seaman had bailed and we went to arc instead.

Does Eric Morillo play there a lot?

Morillo is here this Saturday for a 4 hour set. Last time he was here he was excellent.

:dj::deal:

Where exactly do you live Vic? You seem to do a lot of travelling around the country.

I live in DC. I just make myself feel at home anywhere in CP :D

I used to live in NY, so thats why I'm a bit familiar with some of the clubs there, and since Buzz closed down here last month, then that means that I need to roadtrip to other places to get my regular dose of partying in, 'cos most of the things in DC are cheese

Coming from a New Yorker who is moving to the west coast who used to work in this industry. STAY OUT OF EXIT! After a night at exit you may never want to return to NYC. It's that terrible of an evening.

As far as Roxy is concerned. It has gottenb alot better. They are using a lot of talented big named DJ's. This week alone has Carl Cox (last night) and P.V.D (tonnight). My sugestion to you for NYE is to decide exactly how you would like to spend it. You have a few options. 1- Great Music 2-Upscale 3-outside in the cold watching the ball drop. 4-just having fun and not worrying about the hype. 5- having a shitty time at exit.

Once you decide on that I know you will find something to your liking. I am also sure CP will have many suggestions in each catagory.

EXIT is falling short of the same "vibe" that was at TWILO even with junior spinning...... way too expensive...

+ b&t crowd on no junior nights....

centro-fly is getting a bid old but still good.... try www.roguenights.com for other good parties....

sound system is good ($8 million designed by Junior)

god i miss NYC...DC nightlife.... well let's just say i'm not going out much anymore

Exactly how cold is it normally in NY in January?:what:

shitty :no: . hovering around freezing during the daytime. when i lived there i had to wear long underwear. it sucks, too, 'cause as soon as you get inside, it's too hot... and then there's coat check, having to get your coat back stinking like club and smoke. new york just got rid of smoking in clubs, though, so you won't have to deal with that. but i always hated having to put my layers over my sweaty tank top at the end of the night :yuck: .

Originally posted by weyes

shitty :no: . hovering around freezing during the daytime. when i lived there i had to wear long underwear. it sucks, too, 'cause as soon as you get inside, it's too hot... and then there's coat check, having to get your coat back stinking like club and smoke. new york just got rid of smoking in clubs, though, so you won't have to deal with that. but i always hated having to put my layers over my sweaty tank top at the end of the night :yuck: .

No Smoking in any clubs? That sounds good. There is nothing worse than having just done a fat line than someone polluting your snout with smoke!:smoke::peeleft:

Originally posted by weyes

:laugh:

It must be so refreshing to leave a club and not have that minging smoke smell on you.

My worst moment is the day after a hardcore clubbing night when I eventually hit the shower (I never smell nor do I use deodorant) that first whiff when the hot water hits my hair and you can really smell the club. It gives me the gibberders thinking about it.

Weyes: My homies and I have now started using "Word" in its correct context EG: "I stink of smoke!" "Word"

Only an hour until I finish work. Yippee!!

:pissy::compsux::phone: