Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: Motorcycle Owners / Buffs Etc...

That's a great bike, but if you have no experience it may be too much bike. I ride a FZR 600, not quite as sporty as the 600r ninja, but it is enough bike for me.

riding in nyc is fine. i commute from forest hills queens to midtown every day.

do yourself and take the MSF course www.msf.org it'll lower your insurance, take the place of your road test, and help you live a few days longer on the bike.

also set aside at least $1000 for safety equipment

jacket-400-500

gloves 100

helmet 300-500

welcome to the family, you'll never want to drive a car again.

that's horse shit, being a woman has nothing to do with it. being small and light and buying a bike that too big is a different story. some good bikes for beginers/smaller riders are:

Kawasaki Ninja 250

Suzuki SV450

The suzuki handles so well that even though it's a smaller bike, you'd be able to keep up with a lot of your friends on bigger bikes.

My advice, take the MSF course, they'll give you a bike to learn on, take it from there.

Don't let people discourage you. I taught my ex girlfriend how to ride on a rental motorcycle in france. she picked it up in less than an hour.

i've been tossing around gettin a bike for so long...

btw, 300-500 for a helmet??? i got mine for $100... its plain black, snell 2001... (i use it for drag racing... they require it)

just prepare for everyone you know to say "oh my god... you're going to die..." when you get it...

lol...

You're recommending a R1 or R6 for a begginer??? I think that's why there are so many accidents with newbies. Those bikes are race bike with headlights.

To each his own.

My advice- walk before you run

BTW, which helmet do you have. That's a great price. Was it used?

Originally posted by tommyb

You're recommending a R1 or R6 for a begginer??? I think that's why there are so many accidents with newbies. Those bikes are race bike with headlights.

To each his own.

more like walk before you fly ;)

there's too many accidents cuz clueless ppl will get an R1 then wanting to start poppin wheelies like first week after getting the bike. they're not hard to ride, it's just that ppl get a little too excited w/ those things.

That's a great bike, but if you have no experience it may be too much bike. I ride a FZR 600, not quite as sporty as the 600r ninja, but it is enough bike for me.

riding in nyc is fine. i commute from forest hills queens to midtown every day.

do yourself and take the MSF course www.msf.org it'll lower your insurance, take the place of your road test, and help you live a few days longer on the bike.

also set aside at least $1000 for safety equipment

jacket-400-500

gloves 100

helmet 300-500

welcome to the family, you'll never want to drive a car again.

aiight... first off, youre the fuckin'man!!! thats the exact commute ill be doing... (except winter of course), and more importantly, back to the bike, i was worried if that kind of bike for a first bike might be too much... what do you suggest is a good bike to learn on??? (i already have my permits and ish, wanna make some quick $ teaching me how to ride?)

To each his own.

nah, brand new... went down to the local bike shop and got it about a year ago...

not sure of the brand, i can check for ya...

they start getting expensive when you put designs on em... this one is plain black... does the job...

Originally posted by dgmodel

what do you suggest is a good bike to learn on??? (i already have my permits and ish, wanna make some quick $ teaching me how to ride?)

Take the MSF course, they'll provide the bike, the helmet, and you will get your license at the end of the class.

Hmmmmm, I've been been waiting for a post like this to offer up some of my motorcycling expertise :laugh:. Been in Europe for the past week so I didn't see this post. Anyway, I've been riding since I was 12 so you can take my advice as pretty sound.

If your looking to pick up a new 600, 2003 would be a great time to do it. 3 of the 4 BIG 600 manufacturers have all new bikes this year.

The Yamaha R6 is all new:

03R6_09.jpg

Kawasaki's "race-bred" ZX-6RR is all new:

ZX%2D6R%2Ejpg

But the all new bike which is supposed to wipe the floor this year upcoming year(on paper anyway).........the all new CBR 600 RR:

CBR600R_RedBlack.jpg

The new models all hover in the low to mid $8000 range.

You could shop for a lesser performing bike, but my advice to you is get a bike you can grow into. Just because you're riding a bike with more power than you can use right now doesn't mean you have to twist the throttle to stops every time you go riding. Judicious use of your mind and your right wrist and you'll be able to ride any bike as well as grow into a bike which you don't use all the power of just yet.

Besides, you'll be able to say, hey I got the new CBR 600 RR and you don't hahaha...................even as I wheelie past you on a GSXR-1000 :D

actually i was hoping youd post on this...

i dont think im going to get a spanking new bike, since ill be learning on it... i was looking for '95's and up however dont want to look like friggin rambo on some old school shit bike nah mean?

so basically the type I am looking for is in the 600 family, I am 6'2" 175lbs... am i going to be in for some trouble or is that fine? also how long before I am fully capable of going on the road and not being worried and blah, see my biggest fear is dropping the bike when im at a light or standing still, how realistic is this fear or is it just some ish in my head and not worry???

at 6'2" 175, don't worry about dropping a 600, i haven't dropped mine.

i did however get hit by a cab once at low speeds.

i give up, fuck it, buy a haybusa like all the other squids, wear shorts, sandals and a tank top. move to conneticut so you don't need a helmet, and do wheelies and stopies on streets crowded with small children.

My only question to you OU812 is this:

Where you riding a 600 supersport bike at age 12? Or was your first bike a little smaller?

at 6'2" 175, don't worry about dropping a 600, i haven't dropped mine.

i give up, fuck it, buy a haybusa like all the other squids, wear shorts, sandals and a tank top. move to conneticut so you don't need a helmet, and do wheelies and stopies on streets crowded with small children.

is the second portion to me???

hahaha, no that was me me being a sarcastic ass.

a Haybusa is basically a GSXR-1300. It's one of the fastest streetbikes out there. I see a lot of obviously new riders sporting those things around NYC.

Motorcycle riding is one of my favorite things to do, do it safely and you'll be able to enjoy it for many years.

If you wanna drive like a nut, enroll in a track racing school, learn the right way, and keep it on the track. That's what i plan to do this spring.

i usually don't use the bike to mack chicks, but sometimes if i mention it girls say, "ooh can you take my for a ride" that's an easy way to get a date outta the conversation..

sometimes it backfires and I get, "bike are so dangerous, i'n never date a guy with a bike, what if he crashes and dies, then what about me"

everybody is different

well this is something i always wanted to do, and im going to go through with it... however i am a lil uneasy or apprehensive about, is that one of my HS buddies recently died in longbeach from a MC accident... however like i said this is something i always wanted to do and fate is fate regardless...