Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
suthrnbelle

painting advice

ok, so i have heard there are 2 ways: you can either use 2 colors, and do one as the wall color and then one as the blot-over color, or you can use just one color--to do that, i was told you paint the wall, and then go back and blot and it doesn't give as much dimension color-wise but it looks testured...it that true?

hmmm i would add like a tinted laquer to the paint if you are going to use the same color. i think it depends what kind of look you are going for. go to like Sherwin Williams nad ask or look at some of the books there.. (i remember seeing them when iwas painting my condo.. damn i did a good job on your room :) haha )

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

huh? i don't get it...:confused:

bob ross was the host of a show called "the joy of painting" on pbs. he's the guy that serves as our bobross's avatar. he died a few years ago, of cancer, i think. i used to love his show when i was a kid; he did oil paintings of landscapes and always finished one in a half-hour (i didn't catch that there were time lapses, 'cause i was young), and that thrilled me every time. he was really soft-spoken and used to say, "let's go crazy and put a little tree over here." ah, i miss that show :( .

http://bobross.com

Originally posted by weyes

bob ross was the host of a show called "the joy of painting" on pbs. he's the guy that serves as our bobross's avatar. he died a few years ago, of cancer, i think. i used to love his show when i was a kid; he did oil paintings of landscapes and always finished one in a half-hour (i didn't catch that there were time lapses, 'cause i was young), and that thrilled me every time. he was really soft-spoken and used to say, "let's go crazy and put a little tree over here." ah, i miss that show :( .

http://bobross.com

i used to LOVE that show!!! i did trees and mountains like him for years, trying to accomplish those landscapes--never worked though, lol ;)