Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where can I get a cable descrambler for cablevision?

Originally posted by magilicuti

I'm in Garfield Bergen County if that helps :blank:

i got a few off e-bay like a year ago, they work pretty good.......if you don't feel like bidding go to halfbay.com you just buy them off there..........or when your at e-bay click on one of the desramblers and you can go directly to one of the stores that sells them, make sure you use a fake name when ordering it to your house......these guys are pretty shady

• 2 weeks later...

fake name for what??

i won that auction btw, and i don't know how to use this thing

shit it doesent work? You have to program it becuase it is made to work with all cable companys. If it is anything like mine there should be buttons on the remote somthing like m1 m2 m3 m4. You have to press those and tune it in to your signal.

CABLE DECRAMBLERS ARE 100 PERCENT LEGAL TO BUY.

They are just illegal to operate.

If that ever happend you can just be like "I bought it becuase i wanted to be able to oder PPV movies"

Yo this is retarded. I have had decramblers my whole life. The only way you will ever get caught with that decrambler is if you leave it in your house when the cable man comes. (Just don't be an idiot use common sense) My friend is a manager at Comcast and he even tells me the only thing they can do is send out bullets (Electronic pulses) and try to fry your unit. But the unit you bought is bullet proof so don't worry about it. Listen a decrambler isn't some kind of complex computer that they can trace. They cant trace it. rest assured.

so how do i get hbo on this thing? i wanna see what the big deal with sopranos is...

You can descramble hbo. Because its not scrambled. Did you ever notice how the other channels look scrambled and how hbo looks like all static? Its because there's a block on your pole. Its a little silver thing easy to pop off. You can climb up and take it off yourself. I guess let me know if you need a hand ill explain it better.

notallthere, yeah u r gonna have to explain that to me a bit more, like what exactly am i looking for on top of the poll

Ok well im going to explain this the best I can (which isn't that good) When you get to the top of the pole locate your cable wire that runs to your house.

You will notice that the cable wire screws into a gray metal box then goes to the pole. Unscrew it from the box and plug it directly into the pole.

That's it.