Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why are americans so damn fat?

t0nythelover

Originally posted by t0nythelover

arg, i was just giving 2 examples of cheap foods that are healthy, obviously potatoes and vegies isnt a complete diet, and potatoes dont make you fat. they do if they are fried or if u put butter or sour cream on em, a plain baked potato is good for u, packed with carbs and shit. as for the meat thing, you can trim fat off meat urself, not only that, the reccommended daily allowance of meat is not that much, about the size of one or 2 mcdonalds burgers, thats it, so u should take size of portions into account too. people think food makes them fat but they dont realize that if they read food labels that serving sizes are usually very small.

If you eat a lot of potatoes, then yes, they *will* make you gain weight, no matter how they are prepared. If you eat a lot of carbs you will quickly start to pack on the pounds! If you, Tony, have the misconception that eating a lot of carbs is a good thing... imagine how many people out there think the same way.

My other point was simply that it's not as easy, or as cheap, as you tried to make it sound.

...what's the point to all this...i mean really...why put a post up about this?...i see the motivation behind it to be either ignorant or as posted previously, bullshit...mike, i admire your patience and persistance to educate and enlighten, however futile it may appear at times...but surely you know as well as i do where this road leads...

Originally posted by tastyt

If you eat a lot of potatoes, then yes, they *will* make you gain weight, no matter how they are prepared. If you eat a lot of carbs you will quickly start to pack on the pounds! If you, Tony, have the misconception that eating a lot of carbs is a good thing... imagine how many people out there think the same way.

My other point was simply that it's not as easy, or as cheap, as you tried to make it sound.

once again potatoes was just one example of cheap foods, theres also rice and other stuff, but i dont work in a supermarketl

yes i am an ectomorph if u wanna classify me as that. im not hating on fat people or anything, just pointing out that 65% of americans are overweight, thats a fact. people can say this thread is bs but the truth is america's lifestyle leads to heart disease, obeseity, and diabetes, none of which are good, all of which can be avoided by simple lifestyle changes. if it makes u feel better the best thing u can do for ur health is never smoke or quit if u do smoke. am i gonna be accused of hating smokers now, cuz i am one myself...

no criticism from me, im just here to inform

as for the theory of gravity, that was just a joke, not my serious belief

Uh thats an easy one I think:laugh: Look at the size of the meals most americans eat. Say you goto Mcdonalds or something, a Number 1 is almost 1000 caliores. Almost a full days of calorie intake.

About Japanese people and their size, my friend recently came back from japan he said they have McDonalds but very very few. And there isnt a SUPERSIZE option ...

I believe it's genetics in my family. We're not obese, but we carry a few extra pounds since we descend from a long line of huge Germans and Danes. A good portion of my family are over 6'5" and over 250lbs. I'm actually one of the smaller ones since I'm only 6'2" and 255lbs. My younger brother is actually bigger than I am, but I've been involved in serious weight training since I was 15, so my shape looks larger than his. Luckily my family's frame is able to support our mass. Honestly, the bones in one of my knees is probably bigger than any of your skulls. Just the way we were built, I guess.

Originally posted by heretic909

I believe it's genetics in my family. We're not obese, but we carry a few extra pounds since we descend from a long line of huge Germans and Danes. A good portion of my family are over 6'5" and over 250lbs. I'm actually one of the smaller ones since I'm only 6'2" and 255lbs. My younger brother is actually bigger than I am, but I've been involved in serious weight training since I was 15, so my shape looks larger than his. Luckily my family's frame is able to support our mass. Honestly, the bones in one of my knees is probably bigger than any of your skulls. Just the way we were built, I guess.

my friend jojo from hannover is like this, he's 6'3 and 250 and can crack a hard coconut in one hand...scary looking dude.

there is a difference between genetics and stuffing your ass with fast food on a daily basis though...:D

Originally posted by sassa

my friend jojo from hannover is like this, he's 6'3 and 250 and can crack a hard coconut in one hand...scary looking dude.

there is a difference between genetics and stuffing your ass with fast food on a daily basis though...:D

are u serious about the coconut cracking with one hand? cuz if u are this dude should be on the guiness book of world records show...that or ultimate fighting championship...

It's pretty obvious why Americans are so fat... we work harder than every other industrialized nation so we sit on our asses a lot... great TV programs... not in NYC but definitely everywhere else people take their car to go 20 yards to the 7-11, nobody walks... too many snack foods... fast food... recipe for a bunch of lazy fat asses.

Originally posted by os9

It's pretty obvious why Americans are so fat... we work harder than every other industrialized nation so we sit on our asses a lot... great TV programs... not in NYC but definitely everywhere else people take their car to go 20 yards to the 7-11, nobody walks... too many snack foods... fast food... recipe for a bunch of lazy fat asses.

i dont think americans work harder than the japanese. they just sit around drinkin beer and watchin friends wondering why they cant look like monica. eating cookie dough and watching oxygen is not normal either. i think if someone made a fast food health store they could franchise it and make a bundle. hey lets get some investors, ghost can be the accountant, phatman can be the test taster, and dgmodel ccan head advertising.gmccook can make western omelettes...mmm western. wait...i think my brain just went off track..

I should have put down work longer, not harder. Definitely work longer than Europeans. Japan, well, they're just special little beavers, aren't they?

Two main culprits to our big asses are the low fat and carb myths started in the 80's that we're just now getting smart to. People think they can eat as much low fat food as they want. Wrong. A calorie is a calorie. People also thought/think pasta is a freebie too, all you can shovel into piehole, and now they wonder why a city has to come knock down a wall of their house so the crane can put them into the semi-truck that'll carry them to the hospital.

the real problem is the portions are waaaaaaaa to big and americans dont cook for themselves....

i think its a safe bet that most peoples diet consists of macdonals, taco bell and burger king....that shit is horrible...

now when u go out to eat here in the usa u get enough food for 2 people...most people eat the whole thing....and yes i speak from expereince....i am now in my 12 year in the restaurant business...

now go out to eat in europe and the size of the plate is half...and a study has proven this fact.....go to a deli in eruope you get nice fresh bread 2 slices of meat and maybe a piece of cheese...

here in the usa you go to a deli and get a half of pound of meat on your sandwich....nasty if you ask me

Originally posted by t0nythelover

americans just arent sexy for the most part. new studies say that 65% of americans are overweight. thats horrible compared to most countries. not only that we have like 10 times the amount of heart disease than japan, whos diet is high in fish rice and lean proteins. think about that next time you wanna supersize your heart attack meal. " i see fat people"-boy from that movie...

Funny I see fat people too and the fuckers won't put down the cheese

burger. Fat coming out of their legs and requesting extra cheese....