Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why are americans so damn fat?

t0nythelover

americans just arent sexy for the most part. new studies say that 65% of americans are overweight. thats horrible compared to most countries. not only that we have like 10 times the amount of heart disease than japan, whos diet is high in fish rice and lean proteins. think about that next time you wanna supersize your heart attack meal. " i see fat people"-boy from that movie...

phonk, you might have a metabolism disorder, but this doesn't mean all americans do. with the age of fast food, no one gives a fuck about eating healthy anymore. i am not the slimmest person in the world either, but it makes me nauseous to see so many people get so huge for no reason other than stuffing their fat asses with all the cheeseburgers and tacos there is to find.

but i guess this is too sensitive a subject to go into further...

ur nutrologist is here HELLOOOOOO

simple people think making a diet is the way to lose weight WRONG !!!!! LEARN HOW TO EAT and then we will talk

the pyramid is completely wrong why

do u know people like us SHOULN'T drink milk ....

do u know ANY type of bread is not healthy just the grains on it maybe but not the rest ....

do u know the chiken u eat is FULL OF HORMONS thanks to american farmer who inject them shit ...

plus who tha fuck said meat was good COME ON !!!!

anyway i can write a big book of this but my english sux

I just think it's sooo ironic that Americans, inhabitants from the richest and most powerful country in the world, are overweight.... We have the most intelligence, resources, technology, etc... And you'd think that we would USE all that to solve this problem????

I guess there are just some things that just do not make sense

Has anybody heard or tried the False Fat Diet by Dr. Haas?

I'm getting his book shortly based on a quality reference. This person said the approach is based on individual body reaction to various foods - not only in terms of weight but also allergies. From what I heard, you slowly discover these reactions and compensate in your diet. It can transform not only body weight but effect problems with skin, pain, etc.

Fuck it, i'm giving it a shot...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Do you just like inciting the drama on this subject or something? . . .

. . The reason we've gotten into this situation is because the FDA, rather than admit that different physiologies need different proportions of different types of food (e.g. fats, protiens and carbs), determined that everyone should adhere to the same food pyramid, which in and of itself is flawed . . . I am an endomorph, which means that I naturally have a slower metabolism and have a harder time dealing with high amounts of sugar and starches . . I also, because of that body type have a propensity to take on weight . . .

. . . As long as I avoid large amounts of carbs late in the day and stay away from refined sugars (ESPECIALLY in drinks, this also applies to junk food as well), my weight stays relatively stable, oscillating maybe 5 pounds from baseline, up and down, over time (which I would think is normal for most people) . . The minute I violate that and start injesting junk, my weight goes up quite quickly . . .

. . . If we are going to combat this problem, there needs to be a basic rewriting on what nutition is thats more geared towards finding the correct proportions of each different type of things people eat on a person by person basis . .

. . If you did some reasearch, you'd also find that the rise in Heart disease and obesity is actually a phenomenon thats occured only in the last 30 or so years, since . . yep, you guessed it, the FDA came out with their model of the food groups and what amounts from each people should eat . . .

. . . Tell an ectomorph (someone who tends to be naturally skinny) like . . say Quoth, to eat 200+ grams of Carbs a day and it wont do anything. Why? cuz his body can burn it at an insane rate . . . Tell someone like me to do that, and we're doomed to weight gain without insane amounts (read: above what is recommended and healthy) of exercize to counter . . . and most times, not even that will do it . . .

. . There are also numerous psychological factors that add to the problem, but I'm not going into them unless asked . . .

-Phonk

whatever the reason, 65 percent of americans are overweight, thats not healthy, dont ask me if i like to start drama, the truth is the truth.

what people dont know is that people who were fat when they were young get more fat cells to hold thier fat, these new cells stay with you for life. so when u get older its harder to lose fat cuz u have mad fat cells. thats only one explanation out of many, other people have thyroid problems and what have you. but its important to remember most americans dont have these rare conditions that cause obesity, its a combination of lack of excercise and poor diet. so the food pyramid may be wrong, but either way a supersized big mac meal or whopper isnt something that goes with the pyramid anyway. its like the fat people who get chocolate chip muffins then bithc when they find out they are not low fat, or eat chocolate cake with diet soda, thats not dieting, thats lieing to urself.

Originally posted by scaredgirl

ur nutrologist is here HELLOOOOOO

simple people think making a diet is the way to lose weight WRONG !!!!! LEARN HOW TO EAT and then we will talk

the pyramid is completely wrong why

do u know people like us SHOULN'T drink milk ....

do u know ANY type of bread is not healthy just the grains on it maybe but not the rest ....

do u know the chiken u eat is FULL OF HORMONS thanks to american farmer who inject them shit ...

plus who tha fuck said meat was good COME ON !!!!

anyway i can write a big book of this but my english sux

according to the guy in snatch we shouldnt drink milk cuz our bodies havent evolved to digest it. white bread is not nutritious cuz it is bleached to give it the white color, only grains in whole grain bread give you proper fiber. i never ate chicken really, i know cows are pumped full of bovine growth hormone, but i dont mind cuz its making all the young girls in america grow too, phat titties and phat booties that is, too bad they are all jail bait. yeah the meat thing is ridiculous, they used to think that the more meat u eat the better, thats crazy cuz meat is sooo fatty. btw whats a nutrologist and why does ur english sux? where are you from?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by mystify82281

I just think it's sooo ironic that Americans, inhabitants from the richest and most powerful country in the world, are overweight.... We have the most intelligence, resources, technology, etc... And you'd think that we would USE all that to solve this problem????

I guess there are just some things that just do not make sense

first off, im american, im not over weight. but my theory on it is. that americans have money. we buy food. americans arent rich though, and we want value. i want the most that i can get for my dollar. if that means two hamburgers instead of one. then sign me up! hell yeah, add a drink and fries for a dollar more!!! but i dont eat fast food. unless i really have too. and i eat like a pig, but im lucky enough to work it off. and have some drive to get off my ass and do some crunches, sometimes i even run. with the right exercise, you can eat whatever you want. unless it seriously affects your body differently then others. its your body , figure it out.

Originally posted by jroo

first off, im american, im not over weight. but my theory on it is. that americans have money. we buy food. americans arent rich though, and we want value. i want the most that i can get for my dollar. if that means two hamburgers instead of one. then sign me up! hell yeah, add a drink and fries for a dollar more!!! but i dont eat fast food. unless i really have too. and i eat like a pig, but im lucky enough to work it off. and have some drive to get off my ass and do some crunches, sometimes i even run. with the right exercise, you can eat whatever you want. unless it seriously affects your body differently then others. its your body , figure it out.

healthy food is generally cheaper though. you can buy a sack of potatoes and other vegies and eat for a few days on the price of a mcdonalds value meal, especially if its in the city. pizza definintely isnt cheaper than cooking at home either. id say the combination of pizza and burger joints is what most fatty chalories come from, but i may be biased cuz thats all i see fat college kids doing. freshman 15 has become undergrad 50

Guest jroo
Originally posted by phatman

<------------------Proud Phat American

Now Phuck Off So I Can Go Eat!!

:direct: STEP AWAY FROM THE PIE, AND LET THE LITTLE GIRL GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget about Tony's True theory!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the theory of gravity

orbiting around ugly fat chics, there are usually smaller hot chics. this is because the fat chics gravitational pull keeps smaller hotties in orbit around them. the ratio is usually 1:3, that is for example, on austin street youll see about three hot chics eating, shopping, whatever with one fat ugly chic. problem is, the hotties always listen to the fatty cuz their "friends" so you gotta make friends with fatty too.

there are many variations on this though. sometimes there are combinations of smaller uglies around a fatty, or in the worst case scenario, two or more fatties in a multiple orbit around each other. this only occurs in anomolous parts of the universe, such as a weight watchers, richard simmons bday party, or an oprah book reading. that includes dr. phil.

SharkRepellent.jpg

Originally posted by t0nythelover

healthy food is generally cheaper though. you can buy a sack of potatoes and other vegies and eat for a few days on the price of a mcdonalds value meal, especially if its in the city. pizza definintely isnt cheaper than cooking at home either. id say the combination of pizza and burger joints is what most fatty chalories come from, but i may be biased cuz thats all i see fat college kids doing. freshman 15 has become undergrad 50

OMG, do you know anything about nutrition??? A diet of potatoes and vegetables? :laugh: :laugh: Do you know how unhealthy that would be? And do you know how starchy potatoes are? Anyone who followed that diet would turn into the porker you are so adamantly opposed to.

It's definitely cheaper to prepare your own meals than to eat fast food; however, healthy diets are not inexpensive... fresh fruits and veggies are not cheap, and generally speaking, the more fat that's been trimmed off of the meat, the more expensive it is.

Im just sick of all this diet crap all togeather....

"Um...ill have a diet soda..."

"NO ASSHOLE DRINK WATER!"

I want extra sugar,salt,caffine,fat in my food products..not less...

why? So I can eat whats tasty in smaller portions and be satisfied...its called will power people..the ability to take a cookie...not take a cookie...put the cookie down..and walk away with the whole damn box...will power.

Then again for the most part...its all really a psychological issue with food isnt it?

I know it is with me...I always forget to eat....and if I dont eat something soon...my body is going to try to digest my brain...or so it feels like....

So in order to get our bodies in shape...we need to work on our minds first eh?

:flame:

Originally posted by tastyt

OMG, do you know anything about nutrition??? A diet of potatoes and vegetables? :laugh: :laugh: Do you know how unhealthy that would be? And do you know how starchy potatoes are? Anyone who followed that diet would turn into the porker you are so adamantly opposed to.

It's definitely cheaper to prepare your own meals than to eat fast food; however, healthy diets are not inexpensive... fresh fruits and veggies are not cheap, and generally speaking, the more fat that's been trimmed off of the meat, the more expensive it is.

arg, i was just giving 2 examples of cheap foods that are healthy, obviously potatoes and vegies isnt a complete diet, and potatoes dont make you fat. they do if they are fried or if u put butter or sour cream on em, a plain baked potato is good for u, packed with carbs and shit. as for the meat thing, you can trim fat off meat urself, not only that, the reccommended daily allowance of meat is not that much, about the size of one or 2 mcdonalds burgers, thats it, so u should take size of portions into account too. people think food makes them fat but they dont realize that if they read food labels that serving sizes are usually very small.