Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When Do you call it Quits...

mikeydny

Ok this is a ongoing debate that im sure many "clubbers" have. When do you stop going to clubs, is there a certain age, or a moment when you finally realize you had your fun and its time to hang up your dancing shoes. I personally have been going to clubs for a few years, even though I turned 21 in July, I basically have done everything I wanted to with the club scene. I've done few drugs, and what not. Haven't been out much lately, dont know what the main reason is, maybe because I got a girlfriend, but I dont know I never went to pickup girls, mostly to hear the beats. I go to these clubs especially down here in Florida, and I see people out that are old enough to be my parents, for example, I remember being at Space one night, and I seen a dude with glowlights tripin his face off on pills, and he was definetely 40+, seriously wtf, get a life.

I know once Im married and have children, regardless if I still wanna have fun or not, im not gonna be going to places where people are on all types of drugs, and being complete morons. This isn't a personal attack on anyone here on the board, since a few members are a little too old in my eyes to be taking pills and playing with lights and going out all the time, also a few members have kids, just wanna start a drama-less debate on this board, see if that can happen.......:)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

Rumor has it that Glow Sticks are not allowed at Space.Management claims this is not true.The young lady at Space said she was checking into it. I would hope this ban

is just a rumor. Since Dancing , and Glow

Sticking are a form of expression; a ban

on Glow Sticking would seem odd. I know some

people don't care for them , but people should be able to enjoy themselves.

Peace,

Sobeton

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by mikeydny

Ok this is a ongoing debate that im sure many "clubbers" have. When do you stop going to clubs, is there a certain age, or a moment when you finally realize you had your fun and its time to hang up your dancing shoes. I personally have been going to clubs for a few years, even though I turned 21 in July, I basically have done everything I wanted to with the club scene. I've done few drugs, and what not. Haven't been out much lately, dont know what the main reason is, maybe because I got a girlfriend, but I dont know I never went to pickup girls, mostly to hear the beats. I go to these clubs especially down here in Florida, and I see people out that are old enough to be my parents, for example, I remember being at Space one night, and I seen a dude with glowlights tripin his face off on pills, and he was definetely 40+, seriously wtf, get a life.

I know once Im married and have children, regardless if I still wanna have fun or not, im not gonna be going to places where people are on all types of drugs, and being complete morons. This isn't a personal attack on anyone here on the board, since a few members are a little too old in my eyes to be taking pills and playing with lights and going out all the time, also a few members have kids, just wanna start a drama-less debate on this board, see if that can happen.......:)

What the fuck Mikey!! lets bring the damn drama that people love, no just kidding bud. Well I speak from experience I turned 28 like two months ago and I still party man, I did notice however that between 21 through now 28 you go through different periods where you club a couple of weeks straight and then take a couple off, and then occasionally you get in these moods where you say "that's it i had enough of the clubs shit" but the downfall there is that when you go out a lot like myself and have been doing it for a while like myself, I've built a huge amount of friends and aquiantances, so even if say 10 of my 14 best of friends are married/ with kids and shit, you just keep meeting more friends, and the young ones as well as the olde ones are still going out, the young ones obviously still very energetic, but that's a good question though, my bud pete that works with me man is fukin 37 soon turning 38 and man i tell you sometime weekends he hangs with and parties like a rock star, but the recovery period for him is longer of course. So conclusion it all depends on the person and if you are weak to temptation or not, I plan on slowing down soon myself and go to big events or specific dj's i want to listen to but my downfall is i know a lot of promoters and i get hooked up at different clubs so it makes even more room for temptation, and then your friends begin to rely on your hook up and shit when like 15 of your friends are heading to your buddies gigg at a club you gotta represent and that's my story folks..

Tomorrow at 100pm check out Raiders v. Chiefs sure to be the game of the week.

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

Tomorrow at 100pm check out Raiders v. Chiefs sure to be the game of the week.

I'll be at my bar watching the Jets romp all over the Browns. Although I got a ton of fantasy players going in that game, so im sure ill be keeping my eye on it, definetely not the game of the week though. Gannon is locked to throw for 350 yards tomorrow, K.C. D is miserable.

game of the week

denver vs. n.e.

lets go Griese!!

I give this post until 3pm tomorrow before it turns to drama..........

Personally, I don't think age has anything to do with someone's preference to have a good time and enjoy themselves. To each their own. Anyone that knows me on a somewhat personal level knows that I don't go out "clubbing" every weekend. And that's by choice. I guess if I was rich and didn't work (basically had all day during the week to golf) then I'd be out more. BUT truth is, I have lots of things other than clubbing that I enjoy. I enjoy working out at the gym; I love to golf or attend any type of sporting event (hockey f'n rules!), I enjoy spending time with family in Tampa, I love going to my friend Jim's house to order chinese food and rent DVD's. I'm a total concert junkie - damn I love going to concerts..... yet I work during the week. I'm fortunate enough to have travelled all around our beautiful country and this planet. So for me to say " oh when I turn 30, that's it, nor more clubs", that's so not the case.

I guess cuz I don't go out every single night (and please, no one take offense to that), I don't think I'll ever give up going out to dance. I hope I'm at a club like Space when I'm 40. So what? I hope I'm still dancing and into the music.

And going to a place where people are on drugs? You're going to run into that anywhere honey.... concerts, clubs, sporting events.. that's gonna happen at all places.... shit, I know people that drop acid and go to Disney... ya know?

So for me, I hope I'm one of those old fuckers you see at Space dancing my ass off until 8am. I don't need drugs, nor do I do them very often now. Sure, when I was 21, I rolled my brains out every weekend. Yeah, I've grown up a lot in the past 5 years..... but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoy dancing and hanging with my friends....

my 2 cents......................... damn I need another beer - I think that's my longest post yet! woo woo

Lola:D

nothing wrong with going out, and having fun at any age.. especially when you consider, most of the top dj’s in the world, which produce music for the dance culture; are well past their twenties. as Laura said "Personally, I don't think age has anything to do with someone's preference to have a good time and enjoy themselves. To each their own."

Originally posted by sobeton

nothing wrong with going out, and having fun at any age.. especially when you consider, most of the top dj’s in the world, which produce music for the dance culture; are well past their twenties. as Laura said "Personally, I don't think age has anything to do with someone's preference to have a good time and enjoy themselves. To each their own."

You said it Tony - most the DJ's out there are past their 20's... nothing wrong with that;)

It's all relative. It's funny, but as unifying as this music can be, it is also interpreted in many different ways to each individual who is a part of it. Do I think I'll be out doing what I'm doing now when I'm 30? Probably not, but that is only because that works for me. This music has been the most driving style I have ever encountered. That's why I'm always shocked when people have these huge trance vs. house debates. I prefer trance myself, but that's because I have not found a strong enough interest in much of house, but that's just what works for me. Or when hear people put others into classes (cause someone dances with light, "new jacks", etc.) I have always found that to be odd because I liken nights out as chances to really let loose. I guess no matter where we are... there we are. Hmm, how ironic. At any rate, our minds, bodies, and souls will tell us when it is time to hang up our disco shoes, but that time is not now... so I'll see your asses on the dancefloor!

To each there own, im just saying.

I go through phases, right now im on the only go out for special occasion phase, although I was out a few weeks ago to SUPPORT RED, next time im out is for picotto.

I dont think ill club forever, its fun, but the same thing over and over is boring.

Right now id prefer a lounge/bar with nice beats, nice volume to conversate and a nice crowd.

Ill Never Call The Quits w/ Electronic music BUT

Taking a Far step Back @ 23, Im actually fucking proud in the fact that im one of the few people who go out and dont get fucked up All The Time (Yes I have my Monments), I.E Sober as Fuck for Howells and his set was 20 times better then Tiestos and i was rolling balls that night.

Also pickey as fuck with music, Im miserable going to crobar, opium,nikkis or whatever listening to some dj who cant mix to save his life so that narrows down my nights out, THEN You realize the nights you go out 90% of the people are a wrecked and dont appreciate something as much as I do so that fucking ruins it.

Then the Politics (No Comment).

I guess Im at the age of 23 and im going back to NY and to school for music and locking my self in a studio and wont be out for 6 months until i have a weeks worth of music that will be compared to the white album.

Originally posted by funketeer

Stay young at spirit and you'll stay young...that's all the advice i can give you now and...oh yes...party on!

I dont think its the point of wanting to stay young, yeah you always wanna be young, but that doesn't mean you gotta be in a club, where you cant hear yourself think.

I dont know, maybe its just me, im sure some agree and some dont, I think the whole hardcore clubbing thing is for the younger crowd, and once you hit a certain age its time to call it quits.

I think it's more a matter of one's behavior than their age. Just like in every other situation in society, you’re expected to act your age. For instance, I wouldn't think twice about a sixty year old man, conservatively partying in the VIP. On the other hand, if he's in the middle of the dance floor, sporting glow sticks and 40 year old dance moves... I would find him to be humorous.

In reality, I guess the answer to this question is, no matter what the situation, know your place and act accordingly. That is... if you give a fuck. At the end of the day, you should be able to do what you want to do at any age (within applicable laws, of course)

M@

I used to just be a clubgoer..then I found something else to do when I go out, with my shooting. In a few years, I may decide to do something else within the scene, or take a break and go around the world for a bit...but I don't see myself 'quitting' the scene anytime soon..

I have noticed that when I was new to the club culture i went out every weekend to tunnel, limelight, twilo, palladium etc non-stop, then within the last few years i started to become a lounge rat...sure i'll go to soundfactory once a month, but i never go back-to-back nights and/or weekends. The times i would have gone clubbing till the AM i spend dressed in slacks and hanging at pangaea or lotus, i suppose eventually it'll trickle into normal bars as i get a bit older, when i'm sick of the whole velvet rope deal.

so i think you do kind of phase out of it after a bit...i cant picture myself at the roxy when i'm 35.

just IMO,

Joe

Is not just a matter of "wanting to stay young", it is more really about achieving it. Once you start counting the years that's when you are going downhill and letting youself "go". Also, don't get fooled by the "traditional" rules of growing old. Yes, you can grow old gracefully, as long as you wake up everyday with a positive outlook and most importantly, like P.O.D. always says "loving what you do".

My point is, if you still got the funk, you've got to get the funk out...no need to repress yourself or hold back just because you are getting older.

If you are 21 years old and you are now begining to question yourself about when do you call it quits, I would say, forget about the whole subject, it is only going to rule your life when is really you who should.

get the funk out! :cool:

Well, since I’m 36, let me take a stab at this…

I do not consider myself a “clubber”. However, when my wife and I go out with the parents of our kid’s friends, we feel very young. We have much less in common with them then we do with you guys (25-29 year olds). A few of them have invited us to their clubs – Hot Chocolates and places like that. Those are the places where real losers listen to Bar-Mitzvah music from 20 years ago, women wear clothing they should not be allowed to purchase and divorced people try to hook up. It’s Pathetic! Hitting the good clubs is something that we enjoy. We don’t do it every week, only once in a while. It is nice to hear the latest music and see the fashions. Its nice to meet people that don’t gossip about people’s kids, wives, or are cheating on their spouses. People don’t bother us and most welcome us and seem surprised at our ages. In short, I guess if you are 35+ and go to Space every Friday and Saturday and you are always “rolling” around town, maybe you do have issues. But, Mikeydny, I hope that when you are 40 you can still make it out once in a while. Not with the drugs or glow sticks, but just to take it all in and enjoy the show. And, fyi, some of my wife’s friends don’t do club drugs, but are all whacked out on prescription drugs to help them deal with their kids/husbands/lives and keep them calm. What’s better???? I’d rather deal with someone at a club who want to hug me and wave lights around then someone who is bitter!

One more thing… Most of my 35+ married w/ children friends are miserable. It is the few of us who still go out (once in while) who seem to have the most healthy and happy relationships. I’m not sure what the connection is, however, my advice is when you find your life mate, be certain you both have FUN! And, never let the fun stop!

One more thing. THE JETS SUCK!

Originally posted by guyman1966

I do not consider myself a “clubber”. However, when my wife and I go out with the parents of our kid’s friends, we feel very young. We have much less in common with them then we do with you guys (25-29 year olds). A few of them have invited us to their clubs – Hot Chocolates and places like that. Those are the places where real losers listen to Bar-Mitzvah music from 20 years ago, women wear clothing they should not be allowed to purchase and divorced people try to hook up. It’s Pathetic! Hitting the good clubs is something that we enjoy. We don’t do it every week, only once in a while. It is nice to hear the latest music and see the fashions. Its nice to meet people that don’t gossip about people’s kids, wives, or are cheating on their spouses. People don’t bother us and most welcome us and seem surprised at our ages. In short, I guess if you are 35+ and go to Space every Friday and Saturday and you are always “rolling” around town, maybe you do have issues. But, Mikeydny, I hope that when you are 40 you can still make it out once in a while. Not with the drugs or glow sticks, but just to take it all in and enjoy the show. And, fyi, some of my wife’s friends don’t do club drugs, but are all whacked out on prescription drugs to help them deal with their kids/husbands/lives and keep them calm. What’s better???? I’d rather deal with someone at a club who want to hug me and wave lights around then someone who is bitter!

One more thing… Most of my 35+ married w/ children friends are miserable. It is the few of us who still go out (once in while) who seem to have the most healthy and happy relationships. I’m not sure what the connection is, however, my advice is when you find your life mate, be certain you both have FUN! And, never let the fun stop!

One more thing. THE JETS SUCK!

well said....:aright: ...especially the Jets part:laugh: :tongue:

Originally posted by guyman1966

I definitely agree with you on this.............

Originally posted by willbangyerbut

OMG !! this guy is toooooooo cute !! mikey baby you are adorable ! anyone know where i could get this mature guys number ? id LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to meet him !! btw anyone know if he swings both ways ?? im looking for a smart, cute , sexy young man like myself to show me around south beach . & mikey fits that discription. mikey hunny , wewwwwww hoooooooo arent you from S. island in NY ?? remember me ? Will ? we hung out & had a good time over there before(if ya know whut i mean baby) you have my number baby , i still have my NY # .XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

:laugh: :laugh: hystercial if only the miami people who made more then 1 name got banned like dajew did....