Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Boy Bill Had A Bad Time

I have seen bad boy bill spin well over 30 times, and he is without a doubt my favorite american DJ to see.

Usually, after a show you can go to his website and see pics and videos from the club......Except for his show at the roxy......

he must have had a bad time, because instead of the pics of people partying, there are 2 pics bashing the phazon, and one pic of him with a thumbs down....

I doubt he will be spinning at roxy again any time soon.....

here are the three pics you can see on his website by going to the footage section under the tour dates..

pic1.jpg

Originally posted by djteflonjohn

thats what happens when youre a fuckin SHITTY dj who cant use a rane

. . Umm, dingleberry, you don't put the mixer there . . How are you supposed to scratch properly when its not centered between the decks? . . yeah, its feasible, but you couldn't flip records quickly in that position . . Also, mixing would be a pain in the ass considering its easier, again, when the mixer is in the middle . . . I mean, please now? . . who learns to spin with the mixer in that position . . .

Originally posted by djteflonjohn

thats what happens when youre a fuckin SHITTY dj who cant use a rane

agreed.

If BBB and his people had informed roxy about the need for this "special mixer" in advance rather than THE DAY BEFORE, maybe they would have had time to prepare the booth for him, but being that they got the request last minute, that was the best they could do.

I understand that he scratches and we were even saying how he was gonna have trouble when i was opening that nite but its one thing if he had informed the roxy earlier. Then i could understand the bashing on the website. But to tell someone the day before u need a certain set up, with Steve Dash gone in Japan and no one to be able to set it up the way he needs, bashing the system is just silly.

I was never a fan of DJ's bashing the equipment anyway.

Plus, I've seen dj's cut shit up with a knob mixer. Is it more difficult, yes. But if they can do it, im sure BBB cudda.

First of all there wasn't a crowd. More like a few scattered people here and there.

I was in the booth and saw the setup, it was pretty ghetto. But as bugout said, he should have given them advance notice.

Roxy must have lost money on that night. There were no more than 150 people through the door for BBB and Tall Paul.

yeah its a big secret that bad boy bill scratches so it wouldnt be reasonable to think that the mixer should be BETWEEN the decks

lol....someone get steve dash on the phone, we need to fly him in from japan to figure out how to put a mixer between 2 turntables

lol

First off, it is a common accepted norm that the mixer is placed between the turntables......Why the fuck would such an "amazing" system have such a "shitty" setup????? The Mixer is not centered and is LOWER than the tables? wtf?

He still pulled it off though, and his set was BANGIN, so props to him.....

But chances are he wont wanna ever spin there again....kinda makes me miss sein him at the tunnel all those times

Originally posted by fwilso01

First off, it is a common accepted norm that the mixer is placed between the turntables......Why the fuck would such an "amazing" system have such a "shitty" setup????? The Mixer is not centered and is LOWER than the tables? wtf?

He still pulled it off though, and his set was BANGIN, so props to him.....

But chances are he wont wanna ever spin there again....kinda makes me miss sein him at the tunnel all those times

especially since everyone knows how much a part of his style scratching is

we need to set up a "dj echostar pro audio sound system" i have this cool idea we're gonna put the right speakers on the right side and the left speakers on the left

oh yeah and when we hook up the RCA cables were gonna match up the red end to the red plug and the white end to the white plug

I AM THE MASTER OF AUDIO

expect my sound system to debut at glowbana and crobar

Originally posted by echostar

especially since everyone knows how much a part of his style scratching is

we need to set up a "dj echostar pro audio sound system" i have this cool idea we're gonna put the right speakers on the right side and the left speakers on the left

oh yeah and when we hook up the RCA cables were gonna match up the red end to the red plug and the white end to the white plug

I AM THE MASTER OF AUDIO

expect my sound system to debut at glowbana and crobar

. . . DUUUDE! . . That's fucking incredible!! . . How the fuck did you come up with that??? . . You should patent the process! . . . . ;) . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . DUUUDE! . . That's fucking incredible!! . . How the fuck did you come up with that??? . . You should patent the process! . . . . ;) . . .

well youre gonna have to fly me in from japan because i have ANOTHER good idea

were gonna ground the turntables to the back of the mixer

but heres the secret

theres a little metal knob that says "GND" above it

THATS THE ONE WERE GONNA USE!!!!!!!!!

damn im fuckin good, i should quit dj'ing and just be an audio tech

well youre gonna have to fly me in from japan because i have ANOTHER good idea

were gonna ground the turntables to the back of the mixer

but heres the secret

theres a little metal knob that says "GND" above it

THATS THE ONE WERE GONNA USE!!!!!!!!!

damn im fuckin good, i should quit dj'ing and just be an audio tech

HOLY SHIT!! :what:

Dude, just stop talking right now and I'll call my patent lawyer, then I'll find venture capital and we can open you up a studio in the city . . . Maaaaaaaaaaad Bank! . . . :drunk:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

HOLY SHIT!! :what:

Dude, just stop talking right now and I'll call my patent lawyer, then I'll find venture capital and we can open you up a studio in the city . . . Maaaaaaaaaaad Bank! . . . :drunk:

ok im keeping my mouth shut i dont need people stealing my ideas

and not trying to start drama, but werent you saying how much the system sucks at rio a few weeks ago??

no drama here. I did mention how the system sucks, but i focused my review more on what we able to accomplish and how we performed as opposed to putting pictures on the net and showing people how a channel didnt work.

And it is NOT standard to have the mixer inbetween the tables for house music. Last I checked, every booth I've spun in that had a rane or urei had it lowered on a Trapezoid type of set up. For hip hop, yes, mixer between the tables and usually the tables turned sideways for easy scratching. SF, exit, roxy, arc, ministry of sound, the list of clubs that have the mixer lowered goes on and on and on and on. Go to Club Speed if u want a mixer between the tables :laugh:

Tiesto had the mixer inbetween the tables. Over the middle table (of the 3 tables on top) they placed a console with his special mixer. This was because they had time and notice to prepare for the guy. Honestly, the argument that they just shudda known the BBB needs a mixer in the middle is irrelevant. You know most of the powers that be do not know specifics such as that...and that goes for the powers at every night club. They knew BBB was a big name and he played house music. Thats all they needed to know. If he needed a special mixer, an effects box (which had all the same effects built into the mixer so i have no clue why he wanted that also) or anything else, some advance notice wudda done the trick.

Thats all Im sayin. He was prolly pissed b/c it was so dead, the equipment mishap must've just been the icing on the cake for him i guess. He still rocked from the part that i heard tho.

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

They knew BBB was a big name and he played house music. Thats all they needed to know. If he needed a special mixer, an effects box (which had all the same effects built into the mixer so i have no clue why he wanted that also) or anything else, some advance notice wudda done the trick.

Word.

If BBB wants to get over with the crowd by scratching, or wants to use it as a gimmick or something, he should be good enough at it to adapt to his surroundings.

I've seen people scratch records with butterknives and shit.

Originally posted by exitsquared4e

i can tell you why he thought this... b/c he was there and he saw how much of joke that place actually is.... i am sure all the other big names that they had, had the same feelings about that place... i can't wait for it to just shut down for good

tiesto enjoyed it...you fucking tool...