Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can young Love make it through a lifetime ?

sweetie029

...A LOT of my friends have been in serious relationships since during high school or right after....these people have really never had too much experience with any other partners besides each other ( besides maybe like 1 or 2 other partners) they are all in their 20's now & basically all couples plan on getting married..

People have met their partners at young ages & they've had a successful relationship.....Is it possible to find your partner despite the fact both of you haven't grown into the people you want to be & you haven't even experienced dating other people

:confused:

i think it is--i have a very good friend, who is my age and just married her high school sweetheart last year. she had never been in a serious relationship with anyone but him, and they are absolutely perfect for each other. while i am sorry for her in a way that she will not have all the experiences i may have had, i am also very jealous b/c she got to grow into herself WITH him, and they are that much stronger for it.

yes I know a lot of people whohave together for years since they were very young........................ It is a two person effort, love just dooesn't save a relationship............ I it is a constant working together to make it threw life trials and tribulations together

I'm like sooo 2-sided on this....

I've seen people make it through everything, and it makes me think that if 2 people truly care enough about making it work, they can do it.... Like Perns said, LOVE is not enough, it takes two dedicated people to make a relationship work....

Then sometimes I think it's just WRONG for people to not have all those experiences of a single person.... You learn SO much about yourself from meeting all types of people and I feel like you're almost cheating yourself if you stay with just one person......:confused:

I don't know, Love is a crazy thing...

Being together with the same girl since I was 16 (i'm 25 now) I feel I am qualified to weigh in on this subject. It really does seem crazy to think that for about 1/3 of my life we've been together. However, I think we did it the right way, we both went to different colleges and while we never lost touch, we let each other experience college to its fullest. This included not checking up on each other and involvement with other people. If we hadn't done this we feared we might have resented each other in years to come. But now, being out of college for 2-3 years it only served to make us stronger and closer. And as suthrnbelle said, we really have grown into ourselves with each other. When I think back to high school and how we were at the time, it's so different, but I think its a very unique thing that we have that we were able to experience the metamorphosis from being kids to being adults together.