Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd

music was :aright:

place was :no:

i found it very hard to fully enjoy myself.. i felt like i was at exit for tiesto... had they stopped letting people in before they doubled or tripled their max capacity, it mighta been a lil more enjoyable.

:( but my first time experiencing pvd himself was not a disappointment :)

PV Deeeeeeeeeeeeee

Roxy was not roxy last nite....Hard 2 explain but it seemed more like a concert. Overall it was a bad night for me--and the fact that it was beyond packed didnt help. But i did stay till 6am for one reason only.

PV fawkkkin D

My first time seeing him and he was awesome. Opened with Taub 2002 and the energy in that place was the best I've seen it (prolly b/c it was the most packed, more people usually = more energy available) Definitely my favorite part of his set other than those reeeeeeeeeediculous buildups was the Red Hot Chili Peppers tech track (heavy glow?) then a funk-a-tron tech remix then Memories (rivera!!) then Obsession (filterheadz)...I got myself a nice spot on one of the speakers by the booth so i could watch PVD and chill with a beautiful girl, so I was all gravey.

PVD's candor in the booth was interesting. Tiesto has a blast smiling all the time, dancing, interacting with the crowd. Cox dances like a madman, waves his records, and talks to the crowd. PVD is different. So into his music, he never smiled, or even made eye contact with the crowd, yet he still guestured many times for buildups and was REALLY into the music. Never stopped to talk to anyone in the booth, just proceeded to destroy whatever Carl left of roxy the night before.

I always find it hard to enoy myself the night after I have a great night and Halloween was a great night. I thought the crowd was better looking thurs but then again i may be prejudiced by having half the girls running around in catholic schoolgirl uni's. My energy was at zero all night and the it was so crowded that almost everywhere u went u got knocked into (excuse me would suffice)

But regardless I had fun and i think it was well worth my 40 dollar ticket price. Chilled out with Roninbored and Sabina mostly all night. Also nice to see Karch, Dmitry, Mike (happy bday) Alan, Arty, Steve, LinaBugout, Randall, Mindy, Barosoap, Justin and all the other cp heads.

Now I gotta go spin, Im gonna fall over.

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

PV Deeeeeeeeeeeeee

Roxy was not roxy last nite....Hard 2 explain but it seemed more like a concert. Overall it was a bad night for me--and the fact that it was beyond packed didnt help. But i did stay till 6am for one reason only.

PV fawkkkin D

My first time seeing him and he was awesome. Opened with Taub 2002 and the energy in that place was the best I've seen it (prolly b/c it was the most packed, more people usually = more energy available) Definitely my favorite part of his set other than those reeeeeeeeeediculous buildups was the Red Hot Chili Peppers tech track (heavy glow?) then a funk-a-tron tech remix then Memories (rivera!!) then Obsession (filterheadz)...I got myself a nice spot on one of the speakers by the booth so i could watch PVD and chill with a beautiful girl, so I was all gravey.

PVD's candor in the booth was interesting. Tiesto has a blast smiling all the time, dancing, interacting with the crowd. Cox dances like a madman, waves his records, and talks to the crowd. PVD is different. So into his music, he never smiled, or even made eye contact with the crowd, yet he still guestured many times for buildups and was REALLY into the music. Never stopped to talk to anyone in the booth, just proceeded to destroy whatever Carl left of roxy the night before.

I always find it hard to enoy myself the night after I have a great night and Halloween was a great night. I thought the crowd was better looking thurs but then again i may be prejudiced by having half the girls running around in catholic schoolgirl uni's. My energy was at zero all night and the it was so crowded that almost everywhere u went u got knocked into (excuse me would suffice)

But regardless I had fun and i think it was well worth my 40 dollar ticket price. Chilled out with Roninbored and Sabina mostly all night. Also nice to see Karch, Dmitry, Mike (happy bday) Alan, Arty, Steve, LinaBugout, Randall, Mindy, Barosoap, Justin and all the other cp heads.

Now I gotta go spin, Im gonna fall over.

Mike Bugout

its the pvd crowd.. thats why the place had nrg... his crowd has always been full of nrg.. twilo used to be nuts when he spun and packed straight through to 10 am...

Megamind - Taub 2002

:)

PVD fucking OWNED!

tracks like:

Second Sun - The Spell - AMAZIN!

Pvd - Forbidden Fruit 2002

Veit - Sky (Magik Muzik rmx)

Pvd - another way

Pvd - out there

Nu nrg - supersonic

three drives - carrera 2 (nu nrg rmx)

Pvd - tell me why (vandit club mix)

dj tiesto - obsession (filterheadz rmx)

Megamind - Taub (origunal & 2002 rmx) HE PLAYED BOTH!

P.O.S - Remeber (Summer sun) = SICK! PIano

sun Decade - i'm alone (ronki speed dub mix)

reloop - fucking society (censored dub)

emanuel top - turkish bazaar (reloop rmx)

Age of love - age of love (mr sams remix)

ghostland -guide me god (??? remix)

ALOTTTTTT MOREEEE>>

very goooooood set by da god himself, def compares to his sound factory set...if not his BEST set in new york for 2002.

i knew it was going to be crowded, but it lasted longer than 4, which is when all the true lovers of music stay and all the rest leave (that's my simple way of seeing things). the crowdedness and the heat was unbearable, but at least the crowd was friendly and pvd crazy :cool:

pvd started banging out the beats as soon as he took over the booth, and continued throughout the night. But for all those who left early... you missed hour 5 and on (7-8:30)... amazing (what my barosoap calls the fan's reward for staying till the end)...the floor looked like it was emptying out at 7, and then all of a sudden inspiration seemed to hit pvd or soemthing and all the people came back and packed the floor until he stopped at 8:30.

fave moments of the night were when he mixed conjure one-sleep into for an angel into a delirium-silence/for and angel mix and during the end of his encore when he held up a "I love NY" bag:grin3:

First off you people are spoiled shits it was hot? it was packed? well of course but how can you riff on a club that has a huge rectangular dance floor i gotta say i bumped a shoulders myself point being if you go to sf its 30 times worse you got 4 floors and that is chaos cause people are just moving thru out the night and its at a snails pace and you feel like a sardine go to a halloween sf party for example same thing with exit all these floors create major unrest and confusion.I loved his set the energy was unreal and the whole vibe and the people themselves were great!! lasers were great,soundsystem is unbelievable a great fuckin party!!!!!

I feel like a total moron for dropping 50 bucks on a ticket when I could have waited till Monday and spent 10 and heard him in a much smaller venue with a much better sound system.

Gotta love how they just announced it the day after everyone dropped all their cash. Son of a bitch.

hehe lets say i know my tracks well and very well :) and there were a shitload of tracks he played that i forgot to add but im to lazy to add em lol :D .....ugh i wish i can see him at arc buttt roxy took my f-ID from me leaving me with fuck all..son of a bitch :( ..sux being 17 and idolizing pvd

OMFG...i dun care about the crowds or whatevers it will be crowded everywhere but let's just say that i never danced so fukin wild and long in my LIFE...I got there at midnite, and just danced till 6:30am wheen i left cuz my friend had to go to work the next day...but i was NOT tired at all...if anyone saw an asian girl who was "spazzin" out on the dance floor that was me lolz. i was sober and i didnt give TWO shits about how i was dancing. I was dancing by myself most of the time cuz the gfs i came with were overcome by all the cig smoke...

yes! i saw the three guys with plastic cups LOLz!!! OMFG that was just TOO hilarious!!! xP

he's in my system still, more than enough to make me want to go to ARC tomorrow!!! i paid $50 and im glad i did it!!! I love ROXY! I hope PVD LOVED it too, he's looking for a semi-residency..ROXY was awesome i thought!!!

Originally posted by jamezny1

First off you people are spoiled shits it was hot? it was packed? well of course but how can you riff on a club that has a huge rectangular dance floor i gotta say i bumped a shoulders myself point being if you go to sf its 30 times worse you got 4 floors and that is chaos cause people are just moving thru out the night and its at a snails pace and you feel like a sardine go to a halloween sf party for example same thing with exit all these floors create major unrest and confusion.I loved his set the energy was unreal and the whole vibe and the people themselves were great!! lasers were great,soundsystem is unbelievable a great fuckin party!!!!!

thats why i dont go to sf :idea:

u may like it... but i personally cannot enjoy myself when i cant move and its too hot... to each his own.

Good call ronin, that's all you need. If you really wanted to find a space to dance that wasn't too hot, it wasn't that hard to go to the outskirts of the floor. His set started hard with Taub and went that way for a while. Then got a little proggy/groovy which was when I took a short break cuz my ankle was killing me. Then like someone said earlier, around 6:30 or so he rewarded those who stayed til the end by playing some classic tracks that drove me outta my mind. Some highlights, were Fucking Society, I Feel You, Silent Angel, Wavy Gravy, Circa Forever, many classic PvD tracks. Roxy exploded when he slammed the bassline in Tell Me Why, so much energy. And I about died when he played Forbidden Fruit, finally on my 7th time seeing him he played that, been waiting so long! I was right in front of the booth when he dropped it and I just closed my eyes and chilled, smiling the whole song. 2002 version with some breaks none the less. And how sick was that encore! Here is a more comprehensive tracklist for those who were wondering...

Taub-Megamind 2002 (Opening Track!) played 2X

Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You

Sun Decade - I'm Alone (Ronski Speed mix)

DJ Georgio pres. Scramjet Into the Groove (Filterheadz Remix)

The Moon feat. Nu-NRG - Supersonic

Hybrid - Gravastar

Armin van Buuren - Sunburn

Accadia - Blind Visions (Pitch & Sulphur's Visions Of Accadia Remix)

Paul van Dyk - Another Way (Club Mix)

Oceanforce - Euphoric Dream (Oceanforce Mix)

Marco V - I Feel You (Paul van Dyk Remix)

Ghostland feat. Sinead O´Connor - Guide me God (Paul van Dyk Remix)

Paul van Dyk - Step Right On (2001 mix)

POS-Remember(Summer Sun mix)

Souldriver - So Good

Solid Sleep - Club Attack (TPOD Mix by Paul van Dyk)

Paul van Dyk - Forbidden Fruit (2002 breaks remix)

Sasha - Wavy Gravy (PvD remix)

Noemi - Y.O.U. (Mezziah Mix)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By the Way (unknown mix)

Cygnus X - Superstrings (Rank 1 Deep Dub Mix)

Reloop-Fuckin Society

Armin van Burren - Yet another day

Paul van Dyk vs. Delerium - Silent Angel

Second Sun - The Spell (PvD remix)

Fisherspooner -The 15th (Sono Mix)

Katoi -Touch You (Ralphie b mix)

Emmanuel Top-Turkish Bazaar (Reloop Mix)

PvD-Out There

Joker Jam-Traffic

Rapid Eye-Cira Forever (Rapid Eye Mix)

Encore's:

Three Drives on a Vinyl- Carrera 2 (NuNRG mix)

Paul van Dyk - Together We Will Conquer (2002 Breaks mix)

Lustral - Broken (Way Out West mix)

stop

Paul van Dyk-Animation (not Suzann)

Gaia - 4 Elements

stop

Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You

Bree, it was nice to finally meet you, had a great time dancing. Such a great night, I'll post pics of the shirt he signed as soon as I can get a pic taken of it.

yes! i saw the three guys with plastic cups LOLz!!! OMFG that was just TOO hilarious!!! xP

I wished I had a video camera with me so much!!!

i was sober and i didnt give TWO shits about how i was dancing.
if anyone saw an asian girl who was "spazzin" out on the dance floor that was me lolz.

ye was 'spazzin' too, and didnt care either. I was the white guy in jeans white t-shirt and a grey shirt sticking out of my side pocket dancin with glow stix like an idiot lol.

Originally posted by roha3000

I feel like a total moron for dropping 50 bucks on a ticket when I could have waited till Monday and spent 10 and heard him in a much smaller venue with a much better sound system.

Gotta love how they just announced it the day after everyone dropped all their cash. Son of a bitch.

if we didn't show up and showed pvd our support, i wondered if he would have come back....