Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fucking college

its only my first year and i hate this shit im too lazy i dont feel like doing it and i feel guilty all the time for not doing it...GOD

how did you guys go thru it? and if you quit, what are you doing now instead of college? im thinkin of quitting and working at mcdonalds for the rest of my life or some thing...advice plz :)

Originally posted by Kontrol

its only my first year and i hate this shit im too lazy i dont feel like doing it and i feel guilty all the time for not doing it...GOD

how did you guys go thru it? and if you quit, what are you doing now instead of college? im thinkin of quitting and working at mcdonalds for the rest of my life or some thing...advice plz :)

your a moron. heres the advice. first year is the hardest, do not fuck it up, dont just stop going to classes, if u want drop some but dont stop going cuz that will fuck ur average. do it at ur own pace but make sure u go to college. dont eat to much fast food or ull get fat, start working out if u can cuz if your in shape its crazy ez to bag freshmen when ur a sophomore or higher cuz their new to college so they think u know shit or are like more mature even though ur still just tryin to fuck em. oh and get a haircut you hippie!

first year is def the hardest year...i was lazy and all that shit to...then one day i woke up and said hey this college stuff my parents pay for might actually be usedful....i had a 2.9 at nassau my first 2 semesters and i kicked ass and brought it up to a 3.35...

i am currently at adelphi and im going to graduate next semester and my current GPA is a 3.65...

you will only get outta of it what you put into it...take it from me i know from experience first hand.....

Originally posted by msoprano13

first year is def the hardest year...i was lazy and all that shit to...then one day i woke up and said hey this college stuff my parents pay for might actually be usedful....i had a 2.9 at nassau

this is me right now... i'm doing okay acept for one class but i could be doing a lot better if i wasn't so lazy and procrastinated all the time... i was the same all through high school and got good grades but now it's much harder and the grades you get matter twice as much...

it's easy to say "ok i give up" and quit, especially when you're not doing so great and have nothing to give you hope, but if you want to be successful, in college and in life, i've learned you have to pick you ass up off the ground and work hard until you get where you want to be. it WILL pay off. i realize that now... once you do, that's half the battle...

oh and mike, just wanted to let you know that i admire the effort you put into school and work, lol and as cheesy as it sounds, it's very inspiring. keep bustin ya ass, i know you'll get somewhere :aright:

Originally posted by mssabina

this is me right now... i'm doing okay acept for one class but i could be doing a lot better if i wasn't so lazy and procrastinated all the time... i was the same all through high school and got good grades but now it's much harder and the grades you get matter twice as much...

it's easy to say "ok i give up" and quit, especially when you're not doing so great and have nothing to give you hope, but if you want to be successful, in college and in life, i've learned you have to pick you ass up off the ground and work hard until you get where you want to be. it WILL pay off. i realize that now... once you do, that's half the battle...

oh and mike, just wanted to let you know that i admire the effort you put into school and work, lol and as cheesy as it sounds, it's very inspiring. keep bustin ya ass, i know you'll get somewhere :aright:

yo thanks that means a lot:)

OMG is freshmen year the worst year ever...this is normally when everyone goes through their partying stage, skips classes & falls behind on a lot of work..whatever you do, PLEASE be smart...I am now a junior in college & still bustin my ass off cuz i goofed around frosh year & my major is somewhat hard..In my eyes, it really isn't worth it..I would have rather partied an even amount of time over the course of my college years & not just throw it all away the first year..Def try to stay away from fattenin foods cuz all u ever really do is sit around, watch tv & just drink..Def try to work out cuz not only will it help u stay in shape & fit, but i feel likes it help to relieve my stress..I hope this helps you out a lil bit..Don't just give up though :D

he already is somewhere;) hes only going farther...

School sux. I wasn't even in college my first 1 and a half years here at Rutgers.. not by the way I acted and the lack of classes that I attended.. but now that I'm a junior I FINALLY got my shit together, and school still sux. Oh wells.. just made my schedule for next semester.. looks like I'm gonna bang out 6 classes and possibly a lab worth only 1 friggin' credit but that takes up a good amount of time..

to all the people saying first year is the hardest..

your all nuts, speaking from my own experiences at least..

this year so far is easily the toughest i've had... freshmen year you take all core bs classes for the most part, and they're easy... as the years pass you generally need to get an internship somewhere on top of work, making things harder.. then by the time senior year comes, you have recruiting and a tough load to deal w/...

next week i have two midterms and 3 interviews... that sure as hell ain't easier then the cakewalk i had freshemen year...

Originally posted by codica3

School sux. I wasn't even in college my first 1 and a half years here at Rutgers.. not by the way I acted and the lack of classes that I attended.. but now that I'm a junior I FINALLY got my shit together, and school still sux. Oh wells.. just made my schedule for next semester.. looks like I'm gonna bang out 6 classes and possibly a lab worth only 1 friggin' credit but that takes up a good amount of time..

welcome to my world cody.. 22 credit load plus the whole pain in the ass recruitiment process.. presentations, interviews, thank you letters, office visits.. .blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Originally posted by PFloyd40

to all the people saying first year is the hardest..

your all nuts, speaking from my own experiences at least..

i'm a first year and i know if i didn't think that way i'd never get through this semester... lol false hopes...

i think the transition from high school to college life is what makes people think freshman year is the hardest... it's a lot different when you have the responsibility of pushing yourself to do your work and do it right, rather than have a teacher or guidance councelor nagging at you...

in terms of work load and difficulty... obviously the farther in school you are, the more complex are the things that you learn...

i'm a first year and i know if i didn't think that way i'd never get through this semester... lol false hopes...

i think the transition from high school to college life is what makes people think freshman year is the hardest... it's a lot different when you have the responsibility of pushing yourself to do your work and do it right, rather than have a teacher or guidance councelor nagging at you...

in terms of work load and difficulty... obviously the farther in school you are, the more complex are the things that you learn...

true, i guess i didnt' feel that kind of transitionary pressure, b/c i never had that kind of guidance in high school.. i was generally given a lot of leeway in high school.. like, a math teacher i had for more then 1 class let me do my own thing in her class.. i actually never paid attention at all in her class and mostly read the newspaper in the morning.. LOL.. but when tests came around she knew that i would be ok and let me prepare in my own way.. and i always aced her tests and the standardized ones..

its actually something that i've thanked her for, since she lives near my town and i see her alot.. i developed that sense of responsibility when i was younger, and thus didn't need to adjust to not having a teacher push me..

floyd, youre my new role model :hat: which colleges you guys in anyways? im here in stony brook living on campus..thinkin about jus transfering to brooklyn college i know i can get a lot more work done if i work at home but i cant stand my parents i always argue with them

and i dont wanna go to pace/baruch cuz i just cant stand the trains anymore after taking them 4 years thru high school. fucking dirty tunnels :blank:

Originally posted by PFloyd40

welcome to my world cody.. 22 credit load plus the whole pain in the ass recruitiment process.. presentations, interviews, thank you letters, office visits.. .blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

That's what you get for being a smart-pants and going to Stern at NYU. :tongue:

Ohh and for me, it wasn't that freshman year was hard.. it was just that I did absolutely nothing having to do with academics which is why I did the worst that year. My last semester was the hardest semester I took, all upper level classes, a couple being the highest level you can take (like my Neuropsychopharmacology class) and last semester I tore the shit outta my classes.

Originally posted by codica3

That's what you get for being a smart-pants and going to Stern at NYU. :tongue:

Ohh and for me, it wasn't that freshman year was hard.. it was just that I did absolutely nothing having to do with academics which is why I did the worst that year. My last semester was the hardest semester I took, all upper level classes, a couple being the highest level you can take (like my Neuropsychopharmacology class) and last semester I tore the shit outta my classes.

yea seriously wtf??

same for me.. my futures and options class is a grad school class and i'm killing it.. i always do amazing in the hardest classes, then make some dumbass mistake in easier classes and end up w/ a damn a- or b+

:mad:

Aw shit, I just realized that the drop deadline was Nov. 1st....maybe I can get the teacher to give me an incomplete or something, cause there isn't a real good chance of me passing this class. I actually need to get good grades this year, because I plan on transfering next year.

if you do well freshman year, I feel it sets you up for a successful academic experience. But Freshman year is also the most diffucult tranisitional period especially if you go away. there is always alot of help around- academic advisor, counseling center, your dean, etc.

Pflyod +codica :

same thing with me about getting better grades in ahrder classes and usually fucking up the easy ones...I guess its because you expect the easier classes to be a cake compared to the hard ones so u concentrate a lot less on them boom!

What everyone else said is true.

Freshmen year is the transition year... if you are in a large university and went to small HS, then you will get no guidance and you have to do everything on your own because there is noone forcing you (unlike HS).

Especially when you go away to college, then the real partying starts and you get used to drinking and not going to class because the teachers dont check attendance...etc,

Just because of that reason i fucked up my Fresh year...not totally, but i got 2.6, and my suitemates a lot less than that.

SOphmore year i woke up and partied lot less, got a 3.6 that year,

and had to work my ass off Junior and Senior years to make up the mistake of the first year.

ALthough, i had the most fun freshmen year and probably wouldnt change it, even if it meant a higher GPA :cool::D

But classes get a lot harder in Junior and Senior years,....i mean a lot more work and concetration and motivation needed because by then you are done with the Core classes, just like Pfloyd said.

Rad_