Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are you going to vote today?

I had thought about it and decided against it. My mom got pretty upset with me about this. But if I vote I will be making a completely uneducated decision and how does that help the system at all? I don't even know who the candidates are.

Need advice, plz....

Yeah but Melissa.. one of my teachers in highschool told me this:

If you DON'T vote, it's like you're still voting anyway.. you basically voted for the person who wins the election because you didn't make an effort to vote AGAINST him or her.

Or something to that nature.. I kinda forget.. it was highschool.. :laugh: :laugh:

I voted first thing this morning - 12th person in my polling station (wish i was sleeping)

I feel this way about voting - if you don't vote, don't complain when you don't like the shit that's going on.

Me personally - i HATE Pataki, but i basically concede that he's gonna win so i voted for Galusano (sp) cause he's for legalizing pot (at least for medical uses) and that's a good start.

Otherwise, i voted up in Westchester so much of the stuff is probably different. One way to do it (if you vote pro or anti women's right to choose) is vote for or AGAINST everyone on the Right To Life Party line. 90% plus of the time the people on the Right to Life party line match up with the republican for the position. I won't vote for anyone who is Right to Life so that helps me out.

pete

Yeah, like Nathan and Cody said, even if you aren't sure of who to vote for, you can at least vote for a party you agree with or someone's policies.

Vote for the Greens to help the environment

Vote for the Marijuana party to repeal the antiquated Rockafeller drug laws and deem it ok to use medical marijuana.

Vote for Democrats if you're against the war, if you're pro-choice, or if you favor more government intervention

Vote for Republicans if you favor the war, if you're pro life, or if you're against gov't intervention.

There's also Libertarians, who believe in ultimate freedom

See, there's a bracket for everyone. You usually have to go one way or the other. Or you can just vote for governor.

I also must say, i felt proud and delighted to have taken part in what our fore-fathers faught for. Yeah it sounds corny, but it's true ;)

Originally posted by gmccookny

Yeah, like Nathan and Cody said, even if you aren't sure of who to vote for, you can at least vote for a party you agree with or someone's policies.

Vote for the Marijuana party to repeal the antiquated Rockafeller drug laws and deem it ok to use medical marijuana.

Vote for Democrats if you're against the war, if you're pro-choice, or if you favor more government intervention

Vote for Republicans if you favor the war, if you're pro life, or if you're against gov't intervention.

See, there's a bracket for everyone. You usually have to go one way or the other. Or you can just vote for governor.

I also must say, i felt proud and delighted to have taken part in what our fore-fathers faught for. Yeah it sounds corny, but it's true ;)

i live in new jersey - i think i am voting for senate or something.

i don't really like any of those descriptions. can't there be better choices?

Originally posted by hotcheme

i live in new jersey - i think i am voting for senate or something.

i don't really like any of those descriptions. can't there be better choices?

Well, what would you like? Most decisions fit into 1 of 2 categories.

Plus, New Jersey has one of the most highly contested seats, the Republican Forrester going up against old-man Lautenberg. Whoever wins will help decide power in the senate.

And if you don't like either... Vote for the Greens! You wouldn't be throwing your vote away. You'd be against the status quo and for the environment.

Well, what would you like? Most decisions fit into 1 of 2 categories.

Plus, New Jersey has one of the most highly contested seats, the Republican Forrester going up against old-man Lautenberg. Whoever wins will help decide power in the senate.

And if you don't like either... Vote for the Greens! You wouldn't be throwing your vote away. You'd be against the status quo and for the environment.

see that;s the problem - i didn't even know who forrester is until like yesterdy. how can i decide which one i liek when i don't even know anythign more than their names? greens - hmm i think i voted for nader a few years ago....

you left out the Working Families Party: pro-choice, more social services, pro-union, against Bush's tax plans