Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Doc Martin Saturday, November 23rd!!

mrjoebudious

That's right. Dance music legend Doc Martin will be playing at DirTy LittLe FunKy ThiNg Saturday the 23rd for our AQUABOOTY monthly. Waiting on confirmation for HARVEY from London for the same night!!!!!!! That's right, Aquabooty don't f@ck around when its come down to big, quality talent.

A little personal history. When I was going to underground parties in Los Angeles ('89) before the whole task force came in (due to that horrible fire at an underground party that killed alot of folks in New York) I never really paid attention to the music until this one night this dj was opening my head like nothing I have ever heard. I don't think I have sinse ever danced so hard. I asked (for the first time in my life) "who is this dj?" It was Doc Martin.

Touring for his new album, friends of mine (lloyd alvares & others) heard him at ps 1 about a month ago in NYC. They all said the same shit.

"best music I have heard in years!!!!"

DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!!!!!! I SWEAR!!!!

HARVEY FROM LONDON CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!

Holy sh!t this has mad talent.

Peace

Joe Budious

Originally posted by musicislife

doc & harvey together is any house heads wet dream. these guys are true house legends and the 2 of them playing together is something you would be lucky to see once in a lifetime.

BUMP!

Thank you Aquabootyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

Doc Martin has NEVER disappointed me all the times that I've seen him. He came through here last month and it was just a stellar night!

At the end of the night Doc had not only 1 encore track, but THREE!!

The last one he dropped was a mix of D-Train "Music"-"How can we live without muuusic! I dunnoooo, I dunnooooo!"

Guaranteed to be a wicked time indeed.

HARVEY FROM LONDON IS CONFIRMED!!!!

That's two legends in music. One night!

Doc Martin - West coast dance pioneer

vs.

Harvey from London - UK's most eclectic & respected living legends

Plus residents DHM to set the party straight!!

This is sure to be a don't miss!

Saturday November 23rd

DirTy LittLe FuNky ThiNg

@ LOLA 247 23rd Street

10pm-5am

OPEN BAR 10-11PM

This is a huge event for such a small venue. We need your support on this one. Most clubs would only have one of these guys headline. Its only $20. Passes- woodchips(before 12:30) & the humpin' bunnies(all night) get you $5 reduced. There is no guestlist. You too Mom!! Thanks in advance for your continued support.

Possible afterparty @ Booty warehouse sweet

joe budious

check out

on doc

hear him @ ?underscore between show_page?

www.thumpradio.com/music/show_page.cfm?d=1 $showid=119

bios ?underscore where spaces are?

www.residentadvisor.com.au/dj_view.asp?ID=93

www.ravetv.com/artists/doc.shtml

www.discogs.com/artists/Doc_Martin

www.residentadvisor.com.au/dj_view.asp

on harvey

bios

www.music2productions.com/roster/harvey.html

www.jahsonic.com/DJHarvey.html

kinda recent kooky ass dj set for a l.a. radio station

this underscore thing is messing me up

www. kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=td&air_date=12/29/01&mplt_type=show

old essential mix 1998

www.aimless.demon.co.uk/em/em98/em980531.htm

and 1999

www.aimless.demon.co.uk/em/em99/em991226.htm

I'm serious guys, this night has so much talent!!!!

Hey Marlon, i have heard that Tenaglia says that as well. Just to let you all know, lots of people say the same.

I got turned on to Harvey years ago thru Bruno Yabara the head of Naked music who had told me the same. I met Stefan Berkhan, (Dixon) thru Bruno a few years later. The last time Dixon was here we talked alot about Harvey. Dixon had never see him live, only heard rumors about how amazing he is. I gave Dixon the hook up w/ Harvey & they brought him to Berlin to play w/ all the Jazzanova & Sonar Kollektiv boys. I got a call from Dix a couple of days later, they were like "holy shit man, this guy was fucking incredible" & these boys don't impress easily.

Harvey is the most natural dj i have ever seen in my life.

i've been around this for the past 20 years & i've seen them all.

Just thought id share that. It's really the only way people seem to hear about Harvey. After decades of djing he still remains pretty elusive. He has always done almost no press interviews & remains very low key. He just wants to travel the world, play music & surf. Kind of like the guy from the old Kung-Fu tv series but w/ records & a surfboard. peace... tomas

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Alright, now I'm really excited about this.

A guy you would think came out of Woodstock, chilled as Cheech, with the energie of...? maybe Marley alive, playing without shirt, like if he was waiting for a set to break to jump in the ocean.....and his music as psychodelic and funky as your taste can demand. He had the dancefloor burning that night.

Believed you Joe,.. but he was more than what you ever described him as. Wasn't it, "expect the unexpected?..."

Can't wait to check him out again. Clap, clap.

MD