Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mystify

I Need Help With This Problem.......

Ok here's the deal ~ As some of u know, I live with 7 (YES SEVEN) other girls in a house up school... We go out a lot, and seriously like on any given night, like at least 3 or 4 of my roommates ask to look at and borrow my clothes, my shirts, my belts...

i love these girls to death, but am i totally wrong in getting annoyed by this??? I mean, I spend MAD money on my clothes, and there's so much stuff I haven't even worn yet. :mad:

I feel so bad saying no -- so up to now, I say okay, but now it's really starting to piss me off because IT'S EVERY NIGHT WE GO OUT. I mean once in a while it's fine, but NOT ALL THE TIME!

Am I crazy/selfish/a bad friend for wanting to be the only one seen in my clothes????

:frust::confused:

Originally posted by mystify82281

Ok here's the deal ~ As some of u know, I live with 7 (YES SEVEN) other girls in a house up school... We go out a lot, and seriously like on any given night, like at least 3 or 4 of my roommates ask to look at and borrow my clothes, my shirts, my belts...

i love these girls to death, but am i totally wrong in getting annoyed by this??? I mean, I spend MAD money on my clothes, and there's so much stuff I haven't even worn yet. :mad:

I feel so bad saying no -- so up to now, I say okay, but now it's really starting to piss me off because IT'S EVERY NIGHT WE GO OUT. I mean once in a while it's fine, but NOT ALL THE TIME!

Am I crazy/selfish/a bad friend for wanting to be the only one seen in my clothes????

:frust::confused:

I have a sister how is three years younger. We are the sam size and have a mass amount of clothes... But I always say, if it has a tag leave it in the bag.....In other words, if I haven't worn yet, neither can you. I do make exceptions for special occassions, but we share and share alike for the most part.....

Do you borrow their stuff too?? I would tell them you don't mind every once in awhile, but this every night thing needs to drop a few notches....

i dont ask to borrow peoples stuff so i dont expect people to ask to borrow mine. once in a while one of my friends will be going out somewhere and ask if they can raid my closet and ill say OK but generally i dont like it. i wear a size 2, once you put another ass in my pants they arent the same, same goes for just about any item of clothing..

also, a lot of my stuff is dry clean only. i absolutely HATE when you loan something to a friend that is dry clean only and they bring it back without cleaning it, i mean, come on... go get it cleaned because otherwise i have to throw it back into the dry cleaning pile. it is just common sense.

if i dont have anything to wear out, i dont call people, i go out and buy something to wear. i dont remember the last time i borrowed clothes from a friend. ;)

Originally posted by somebitch

if i dont have anything to wear out, i dont call people, i go out and buy something to wear. i dont remember the last time i borrowed clothes from a friend. ;)

Exactly... Who does this anyway? If I we're to see one of my friends wearing something I liked I wouldn't ask to borrow it, I'd want to know where she got it so I could get one of my own. The next time someone asks you to borrow your clothes give them a big HELL NO!!!!

Thanks for your help...

Yeah I never ask to borrow anyone elses' clothes.... because I like my own and because it's just not something you should do you know????

Anyway today's Thursday, we'll see how I can deal tonight when I KNOW they will be comin in my room....

WISH ME LUCK! :tongue:

WOW BRIAN1500 on the fashion board?!?!?! :bounce:

anytime I lend out clothing, shoes, bags, etc., it either comes back....

- damaged

-not washed/dry cleaned

-or it doesn't come back at all.

...when it comes to lending, althought I never want to, I just can't say no. And I always lose track of who I lend what to, and therefore, especially with shoes, I never see those items again. And lately, I've learned my lesson, and I also learned that nothing has as much effect as a simple "no."

Thanks so much for all your input and help.... :kiss2:

So Thursday night rolled around and my friends starting complaining they had "absolutely nothing to wear" and if they could "just look at my shirts"... :mad:

I am so PROUD of myself... :D

I said 'while once in a while it's ok, I'm really getting sick of having to share my clothes every night on every weekend'

They seemed a little taken aback, but understood..... FINALLY!!

BUT -- This past weekend I was home in NJ, and my roommate calls my cell on Saturday night WASTED asking if she can borrow a cardigan and one of my black bags...

I WAS like "HELLO!?!?!?!?!, Are you kidding me!? Don't you remember what I said on Thursday?"

Regardless to say she was pissed, said "fine" and then said see you when you get back tomorrow ! :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by mystify82281

Thanks so much for all your input and help.... :kiss2:

So Thursday night rolled around and my friends starting complaining they had "absolutely nothing to wear" and if they could "just look at my shirts"... :mad:

I am so PROUD of myself... :D

I said 'while once in a while it's ok, I'm really getting sick of having to share my clothes every night on every weekend'

They seemed a little taken aback, but understood..... FINALLY!!

BUT -- This past weekend I was home in NJ, and my roommate calls my cell on Saturday night WASTED asking if she can borrow a cardigan and one of my black bags...

I WAS like "HELLO!?!?!?!?!, Are you kidding me!? Don't you remember what I said on Thursday?"

Regardless to say she was pissed, said "fine" and then said see you when you get back tomorrow ! :laugh: :laugh:

Good job.....:clap2: