Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Clothes- What's expected for guys?

bluetooth246

Believe it or not, and this sounds sort of corny, buy from manufacturers whose clothes are TAILORED great for you. When you go out, the first thing that girls will notice is how the clothes hang on the guy. Every guy has a different body. Some clothes just don't work for some guys; for other guys they do. The best thing is to buy clothes that fit great on you and complement your body and look.

Believe it or not, Ross and Marshals has great club clothes. You might be laughing but it's true. The great thang is to just grab a whole shopping cart worth of stuff and try it all on --- you'll be shocked --- a ribbed T that looked cool may not hang right on your body. Or a pair of simple cool jeans may look incredible.

Here are some tips for dressing when going out for guys:

1. Throw extra clothes in the car.

If your buddies drag you to a bar when you were going to some place like the Century Club, you're going to feel overdressed.

2. Layer!

Esp now with winter here, throw that tank top or such underneath. When you are on the dancefloor with the ladies, you'll be happy you got a tank on.

3. Remember Lighting

Guys forget that some places have terrible lighting. So if you walk in wearing black on black, and you have a body you want the ladies to see, they wont see it!

4. Attitude

Wear the clothes that fit your attitude and your mood.

5. Don't pay much money.

Never pay much money for club clothes and don't wear something that can get ruined by a spilled drink.

Post back any more questions. Hope this helped.

LALATE

First of all, ditto everything that lalate said, well spoken and covered the basics, especially the money part, cause in a club undoubtedly you'll get a drink spilled on you or (hopefully) a bit of makeup/ lipstick on your clothes, plus the fog machines and smoking areas don't help.

Wear comfortable but stylish shoes. A ton of guys blow money on some designer threads, then throw on some Payless-shit footwear. Don't be them. You can go to the Shoe Warehouse, etc, for good labels reasonably priced.

Flip through a men's magazine, hit a vintage/ resale shop, find your own style and, importantly, wear something you feel confident in.

Then go dance your ass off, cause, really, it's not about the clothes...

If anyone is spilling a drink with these top 3 ingredients near your clothes, run for the door! , because the stain probably won't come out:

1. cranberry

2. orange juice

3. cola

And here's a tip --- if the venue is dark lighting, just wash the stain out in the restroom with lots of soap immediately cuz no one will see it -- you'll save having to throw the clothes away permanently.

LALate

Originally posted by lalate

If anyone is spilling a drink with these top 3 ingredients near your clothes, run for the door! , because the stain probably won't come out:

1. cranberry

2. orange juice

3. cola

i've never had cola stain anything. in my experience, it comes right out. but, as you said, you should try to get it right away.

but here are two laundry miracles, people: #1) zout (not shout). a pre-treater that seriously attacks almost anything, even set-in stains :aright: . it comes in a white bottle.

and just this week, something navy ran onto two of my white t-shirts (they were screenprinted, that's why i cared so much. one was my mom's from the 80s). i went straight to the drugstore and bought rit's dye remover (rit is the company that also makes fabric dye), and heated it up on the stove while my stained shirts were still wet from the wash. the box recommended that one cook the shirts for 10 to 30 mins., but i stirred them in there for about a minute, maybe less, and the dye was gone :eek::aright::D ! not only that, but my screenprint was unharmed. unfortunately, it removes all dye, so it would wreck your colored shirts, should something run on those. but it was a wonderful save, the other night.