Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I always wondered what people would do?????

Originally posted by fearlessnyc00

...If you had EXIT as your own vunue what would you do with it.??

I am talking from the look of the club to the dj's ....Everything

What would you do???

Just wondring what everyone's opinions were on the subject?

My initial reaction would be to burn it. But after much conideration, I'll give back to the community and re-open TWILO on WEST 56th street.

If that fails.....

Turn it into the salvation army.

-iliana

:D

Convert 1/3 of the club to parking lot, and then reestablish the rest of the space as a slightly smaller club. You maintain a smaller stable income, while the club can be converted to a more versatile space that can hold smaller crowds and can host concerts and special events.

Originally posted by xpander

Convert 1/3 of the club to parking lot, and then reestablish the rest of the space as a slightly smaller club. You maintain a smaller stable income, while the club can be converted to a more versatile space that can hold smaller crowds and can host concerts and special events.

smaller crowds, would result in less money :rolleyes:

why would u wanna do that :)

Originally posted by mbenzml

smaller crowds, would result in less money :rolleyes:

why would u wanna do that :)

Huge shitty club with crap rep that gets a couple of nights a week, or a smaller club that's more versatile and can host nights every day of the week?

Bigger isn't always better. And besides, that's what the parking garage's for. :laugh:

Huge shitty club with crap rep that gets a couple of nights a week, or a smaller club that's more versatile and can host nights every day of the week?

Bigger isn't always better. And besides, that's what the parking garage's for. :laugh:

good point

except that you can host nights every day of teh week in a bigger club too, and also rebuilding the club would cost too much, when the building is just fine.

Either way, i know almost all of you hate exit, but it all depends from which point ur lookin

if ur lookin at it as a clubber then you wanna try to make the place as fun as you can,

but if ur lookin at it from a bussiness standpoint, then you just wanna make the most money you can, while spending the least possible

Originally posted by mbenzml

good point

except that you can host nights every day of teh week in a bigger club too, and also rebuilding the club would cost too much, when the building is just fine.

Either way, i know almost all of you hate exit, but it all depends from which point ur lookin

if ur lookin at it as a clubber then you wanna try to make the place as fun as you can,

but if ur lookin at it from a bussiness standpoint, then you just wanna make the most money you can, while spending the least possible

Not so, because it takes A LOT to fill a club the size of exit EVERY SINGLE day of the week. Look at Roseland vs. Irving Plaza, the former is a huge space that can only hold large scale concerts, while the latter is smaller and is constantly hosting small-mid size shows. This may have been a good argument for keeping Exit as is. However, consider the fact that you want the weekends kept open continuously for the club aspect, and you'll see that there are more choices in terms of booking for the smaller (but not small by most standards) and versatile club.

Not so, because it takes A LOT to fill a club the size of exit EVERY SINGLE day of the week. Look at Roseland vs. Irving Plaza, the former is a huge space that can only hold large scale concerts, while the latter is smaller and is constantly hosting small-mid size shows. This may have been a good argument for keeping Exit as is. However, consider the fact that you want the weekends kept open continuously for the club aspect, and you'll see that there are more choices in terms of booking for the smaller (but not small by most standards) and versatile club.

good point, I dunno the costs of maintin a club as big as exit, so i can't tell you how many poeple are needed in order to make a profit. so theres really no point of trying to prove which way can make more money. BUt ur way might work too, i guess you just have to buy two clubs :D , one exit's size and one smaller, and get the best from both ends.