Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Los Angeles on NYE?

sassa

We’d like to send a belated thanks to those who joined us for Deep Dish and a very special welcome to the many who have signed up to receive their invitations to the GIANT Village New Year’s Eve 2003 Celebration.

Joining perennial giant favorite Paul Van Dyk and hot handed Danny Howells will be the very Tall Paul, up and comer Luke Fair and a few more DJs and Artists still to be announced.

This year’s GIANT Village New Year’s Eve “Block Party” is located “on” Flower Street in Downtown Los Angeles and features three stages with abundant bar and lounge areas. In addition to top international and local DJ talent and the always awe-inspiring giant light, sound and visual production, our focus this year is to ensure a very special evening from start to finish... parking, ease of entrance and, of course, speedy beverage service!

New to the GIANT Village this year is the addition of 1500 hotel rooms and suites located in two luxury hotels within the event. Check in and spend the night with your friends at the GIANT Village this New Year’s Eve... stay tuned next week for more information on hotel packages, event details and ticket outlets!

Thank You,

Dave Dean

Director, giant

-----I also heard this: NYE Talent: Paul Van Dyk, Danny Howells, Tall Paul, Mark Farina, Luke Fair, Mark Tabberner, DJ Colette, Sol, John Do, Justin Gourley and more to be announced.

-----I am thinking of traveling to LA just to check this out...this sounds like a kick ass time.

Originally posted by sassa

this does sound great! what's the cover charge, and is there an age limit? i am planning to spend nye this year in LA with a friend of mine who's 20...if this works, for sure we'll look into it!

thanks for the info

I think its regular admission is $70 and VIP is $120, and I think it is a 21 and over event.

click on www.giant.com to register for details

Sassa --

We expect to have listed something for 18 + over people on NYE along with all the events for 21+ throughout the southland to choose from.

Check back in the coming weeks. For now, lol, we are getting ready with so-called pre-thanksgiving parties. One holiday at a time ;)

LALATE

Originally posted by sebastianxy

what's going on for Hollywood Blvd? Is that happening again?? I had a great time last year...

Maybe you missed it.... Paul van Dyk!!! The Giant event in question is part of the Hollywood Blvd party AFAIK. And wouldn't you know, it looks like I'm going to be stuck in NYC for New Years. Now that may not sound so bad, but I'll be WORKING and may not even be able to party NYE.

Oh man, PVD... I can't believe I'm missing him AGAIN! Excuse me while I close my eyes and think back to PVD in Ibiza this summer.

Originally posted by sebastianxy

Actually, the Giant event will take place on Flower St. in downtown LA.

I live in Hollywood, and I was able to walk to the NYE event last year, which added to the incredible (and worry free) evening I had that night...

Bastards... A few weeks ago they were saying Hollywood.

Originally posted by sassa

this does sound great! what's the cover charge, and is there an age limit? i am planning to spend nye this year in LA with a friend of mine who's 20...if this works, for sure we'll look into it!

thanks for the info

Am I right in thinking you got to be 21 to drink across the whole of the US? :pint: :pint: :beer: :beer:

Originally posted by vicman

dunno, but i think its basically up to each state to regulate that

I went to Hartford in Connecticut when I was 17. All the kids used to meet at each others houses and get drunk and most of them would drive home.

In this country you get your ass fried if you drink and drive. I agree with that too.

Now driving on pills is a different matter!

:tank:

Originally posted by trevorsafe5

Am I right in thinking you got to be 21 to drink across the whole of the US? :pint: :pint: :beer: :beer:

it used to be up to the individual states, but there was a big problem with people 18-20 driving over the borders, drinking, then driving home. though i thought i heard something a few years ago about just the city of new orleans doing the 18 thing. but that kind of sounds too weird to be true.