Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Ever Just Pick Up And Leave ?!

A few years ago I was going out with this girl that I was so devoted to and in love with that nothing else really mattered. Anyway to make a long story short towards the end of our relationship things started to really fall apart and we got in a real big fight on new years eve 2000. So I was like "Lets leave lets just go....... lets get the hell out of here..." We packed some dumb shit and got on the road and left that night. We drove straight down to Florida and ended up in some town called "Juno Beach" The water was crystal clear and the sand was white. I maxed out my credit card and we stayed for 2 weeks. Her family , My family, and our friends where looking for us like crazy becuase we did not tell anyone. When we got back we ended up breaking up. But till this day I still feel that a part of us is living there still. I will never regret it because it is the most magnificent memory of my life.

Anyone else?

That is such a cute and touching story..... :heart:

I've picked up and left a few times, but usually alone bc sometimes I want to kill my 7 roommates! I just like to drive around and listen to good music.....

Being spontaneous like that and going to Florida?!?! Not just yet... :D

I up and left for about weekends at a time. Sometimes to get away with my lover, or to get away from him. My mom always knew where I was though. I would call and tell her even if I was leaving to get away from her....... ( I can't make my mommie worry about me like that)

I used to pick up and leave to maryland to my friends place whenever i have stress from everything...

I did pick up and leave once with my exgf...

from 8AM till about 4AM we drove to north jersey (monclair st.) then to new brunswick - then to delaware... and then to princeton - where we just sat for hours and hours...

the whole time we were breaking up... out of all those hours... i think spoke about 1hour and that's it...

but it was the best decision of my life and probably the hardest...

i was living in boston and my company filed chapter 7 on new years day (two years ago). I work in merchandising and boston does not exactly have many other companies and opportunities to explore... I was really trying to land a job in new york city but most companies wouldnt even look at my resume because of my address (MA address and they dont want to pay for relocation) i knew i had a solid resume and experience. so i said fuck it! i packed up my stuff and threw it in storage.. i rented out my condo... said good bye to my friends and family and moved to New York city! needless to say i was scared shitless bc basically i dindt know a single soul here! :( for money, i figured i could live off unemployment for a little bit and/or pick up a waitressing job too.

well the gamble paid off -----> i got a job in less than a week! :D live by myself ina cute 1BR on the upper west side and made some great new friends :hat:

(actually i am looking to seal the deal and sell my condo back in boston soon and buy something here! :cool: )

wow, this must be a sign. my friend just called me and told me about this new club opening in miami that the owner wants he and i to manage it....get it off the ground. here i am, a programmer in jersey with a job that promises to make me a millionaire by the time i'm 30 and i'm considering actually doing it b/c i don't wanna sit behind a desk anymore. am i crazy? actually, that's the not the right question, i know i'm crazy. but am i being a little rash or something?

Originally posted by notallthere

A few years ago I was going out with this girl that I was so devoted to and in love with that nothing else really mattered. Anyway to make a long story short towards the end of our relationship things started to really fall apart and we got in a real big fight on new years eve 2000. So I was like "Lets leave lets just go....... lets get the hell out of here..." We packed some dumb shit and got on the road and left that night. We drove straight down to Florida and ended up in some town called "Juno Beach" The water was crystal clear and the sand was white. I maxed out my credit card and we stayed for 2 weeks. Her family , My family, and our friends where looking for us like crazy becuase we did not tell anyone. When we got back we ended up breaking up. But till this day I still feel that a part of us is living there still. I will never regret it because it is the most magnificent memory of my life.

Anyone else?

This has to be one of the most touching romantic and emotional posts I've ever read.. and to think it came from you notallthere.

In all seriousness, my eyes welled up.

i took off 2 times.

once when i graduated i dissappeard w friends for a weekend and didnt tell anyone we went to seaside, so when i got back in my mom flipped so i just turned around and walked back out. I called her about 6 months later to tell her i was ok and then moved back in w her a year after that.

then took of for 3 days after my ex bro in law died. that one was bad considering there was a missing persons report and all out for me. Just couldnt deal with the situation at the funeral and had to get some space.

now at least i know to let someone know im going lol

Originally posted by nycchic24

but it was the best decision of my life and probably the hardest...

i was living in boston and my company filed chapter 7 on new years day (two years ago). I work in merchandising and boston does not exactly have many other companies and opportunities to explore... I was really trying to land a job in new york city but most companies wouldnt even look at my resume because of my address (MA address and they dont want to pay for relocation) i knew i had a solid resume and experience. so i said fuck it! i packed up my stuff and threw it in storage.. i rented out my condo... said good bye to my friends and family and moved to New York city! needless to say i was scared shitless bc basically i dindt know a single soul here! :( for money, i figured i could live off unemployment for a little bit and/or pick up a waitressing job too.

well the gamble paid off -----> i got a job in less than a week! :D live by myself ina cute 1BR on the upper west side and made some great new friends :hat:

(actually i am looking to seal the deal and sell my condo back in boston soon and buy something here! :cool: )

I used to live in boston... where in boston did you live?

badasssssssssssssssssssss its hard for me to get to Jersey but i told stardo i will try to keep a once a month commitment to party with ya's :) or you guys can come into the city more often too! :idea:

and btw.. i was at riverstreet the other week! where were you! :laugh:

clubplamatt -- i lived on the southshore.. i grew up in north attleboro but i lived in canton.

Originally posted by deeelite1

This has to be one of the most touching romantic and emotional posts I've ever read.. and to think it came from you notallthere.

In all seriousness, my eyes welled up.

Wow thanks. It is funny I must not be much of a romantic becuase i dident realize there was anything special about that story. But thanks anyway you made my day :)

Originally posted by dogekid

wow, this must be a sign. my friend just called me and told me about this new club opening in miami that the owner wants he and i to manage it....get it off the ground. here i am, a programmer in jersey with a job that promises to make me a millionaire by the time i'm 30 and i'm considering actually doing it b/c i don't wanna sit behind a desk anymore. am i crazy? actually, that's the not the right question, i know i'm crazy. but am i being a little rash or something?

I dont think you are being crazy...if it is something you really want to do, then I would go for it. Sometimes all the money in the world cant make you happy...and not many of us can say we LOVE our jobs...if you would be able to say that, then it might be worth it. Sleep on it a while...Good Luck ;)

Used to get sick of everyone around so I used to run up to my house in the Poconos, its so nice and quiet there, nobody to bother you. Sometimes you need that, to get away from everyone, hide out in the woods for a few days and think. I think I might be doing that this weekend or the next. I need to get away and think about a few things............