Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When CP started.......??????

If I'm not mistaken, Dave started ClubNYC around 1993-1994.. I found the site while I was away at school.. There was no messageboard back then. Just a couple of building blocks and club listings. I actually emailed dave a lot of updates of new clubs, etc. I am not sure when the first message boards popped up.. my guess is late 95 or early 96. I'm sure Dave could ring in and verify

dami

Originally posted by mystify82281

Just wondering if anyone has been posting when CP started... I'm curious to know what it was like in the beginning, if it's change a lot, etc.....

:confused: :confused:

Well, it was mad different than it is now... I think it was one of the club related messageboards....

i also started posting in 97 - it was still clubnyc then, though i heard about it from the sysadmin of pgny (a citysearch thing that never took off) who called it DaVe's guide to ny clubs.

it was quite the free-for-all, no registration, no pms, and every week some guy would post comps for tunnel so i went in for free every weekend that summer. the funniest part was everyone getting all excited for pvd and i was like "what is this pvd? i've never heard of a club called pvd". my how times have changed, hehe.

Originally posted by mystify82281

Just wondering if anyone has been posting when CP started... I'm curious to know what it was like in the beginning, if it's change a lot, etc.....

:confused: :confused:

i remember checking it out since like late '96.....it was really basic, you didn't need to sign in to post or anything. it was called clubnyc.com. the biggest difference in the types of posts is that it was mostly all one big list of posts with like 2 or 3 replies max instead of these "topic" threads with like 30 replies.

also it was 90% club talk and 10% general bullshit. today it's precisely the other way around ;)

Clubnyc was first, then it became clubplanet....

the Twilo board came after this

then Naughtybooth kinda pulled the Twilo board heads once they shut down ...around the same time VIP started and EZ Dreamer as well....

When it was just CP, those were the best days, everyone on the same board....now there's to many choices....its too diluted....definitely too much BS these days...maybe everyone learned everything they could about the scene and all of the same arguments happened a million times (SF vs. Twilo, Progressive/trance vs. Techno...., who likes sheeshy clubs?, top 10 Dj's? , etc etc) so people have to BS with each other...it also used to be more ananomous...now everyone knows each other and its clicky....everything changes though