Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite dancefloor?

you know it, you love it, you'll travel the world to get there. what is your favorite dancefloor on earth?

mine would definitely be the terrace@space. lawler, morillo, hundreds of gorgeous italian girls in bikini tops bopping around, singing the words to all of the house anthems in cute italian accents, everyone cheering planes that fly overhead, then there was that guy who kept on trying on my twilo hat. such a shame that they closed it down at midnight... though people still used it as a bar :)

in terms of festivals, anyone familiar with my taste would know that it would have to be the mainstage at dance valley.... three years in a row we've been graced with the likes of cox, orbital, clarke, sasha, sander, smith, foort, etc. nothing like the energy of 20-50,000 heads bobbing to the same beat... second, of course, only to the 2nd stage at dancevalley (aka the "hard dance" stage. yoji biomechanika!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/technoeurope2001/Leg_3-Dance_Valley_2001/13_mainstage.jpg

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/technoeurope2001/Leg_3-Dance_Valley_2001/36_shepherds_awe.jpg

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/technoeurope2002/Leg_2-Dance_Valley_2002/31_hardhouse_stage.JPG

(unfortunately no pix of space, those bastards took my camera... now if only it wasn't in my bag)

Fabric wins again...3 rooms altogether

room 1: a dance floor about the size of shelter's main floor....then add a stage 10 feet deep that runs the legnth of the floor....very high ceilings (20+ fett high) allow for great circulation, smoke machines under the floor

room 2: another shelter-sized space with two small alcoves carved out of the walls, front stage for performances

room 3: located above room 2, seperated from room 2 with a wall of sound proofed glass

the really unique aspect of all this....its entirely below ground

I will Def. agree with you in saying CPI. You are the lowest spot when you are on that dancefloor. The Speakers set all around the floor when the bass kicks is absolutely amazing!!!

The only other one that i can say will compare is Factory. Walking dow those stairs to the HUGE Disco Ball, The Light Trust moving up and down, JP looking over you, Stage shows going on, totally smogged out dancefloor, Yellow Lights shining, while heaing LEEEEEETTTTTT TTTHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSUNNNNNNNNNNNNSHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!!

Damn...i need to get back out clubbing again.

In NY, my favorite dancefloor WAS at Vinyl... not "Arc" as it is currently known.

VINYL - with the stage, the cd's hanging from the ceiling, the old analog soundsystem, the black walls and the overhang area to the right of the DJ booth. THAT was my home. :(

Originally posted by dialectics

you know it, you love it, you'll travel the world to get there. what is your favorite dancefloor on earth?

mine would definitely be the terrace@space. lawler, morillo, hundreds of gorgeous italian girls in bikini tops bopping around, singing the words to all of the house anthems in cute italian accents, everyone cheering planes that fly overhead, then there was that guy who kept on trying on my twilo hat. such a shame that they closed it down at midnight... though people still used it as a bar :)

in terms of festivals, anyone familiar with my taste would know that it would have to be the mainstage at dance valley.... three years in a row we've been graced with the likes of cox, orbital, clarke, sasha, sander, smith, foort, etc. nothing like the energy of 20-50,000 heads bobbing to the same beat... second, of course, only to the 2nd stage at dancevalley (aka the "hard dance" stage. yoji biomechanika!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/technoeurope2001/Leg_3-Dance_Valley_2001/13_mainstage.jpg

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/technoeurope2001/Leg_3-Dance_Valley_2001/36_shepherds_awe.jpg

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/technoeurope2002/Leg_2-Dance_Valley_2002/31_hardhouse_stage.JPG

(unfortunately no pix of space, those bastards took my camera... now if only it wasn't in my bag)

100% agreed... insane vibe that cannot be duplicated..

oh and i got pics.. i'll try to post em up once i remember to get the stupid things developed.. lol

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

CPI?? You need to get out more!

In NY:

ARC

The main floor at CPI by no means is luxorious but it is one of those floors were you feel the music penetrate into your body.....

Sure, You can say that about alot of clubs but this is much better than others! Not to mention unlike other its dancefloor is great because it's sunken in! You never really see people just standing around on the dancefloor.

Arc is a room! Granted it is my favorite club in the world! But it's just a room... It was better when it was Vinyl with the bench seating and the Stage/Split Level. There is nothing that special about that room! Thats really why it is so hot because it's generic!

Originally posted by cintron

In NY, my favorite dancefloor WAS at Vinyl... not "Arc" as it is currently known.

VINYL - with the stage, the cd's hanging from the ceiling, the old analog soundsystem, the black walls and the overhang area to the right of the DJ booth. THAT was my home. :(

That was going to be my answer too. :)

i miss my twilo... but not only that i miss my twilo hat.

i ordered two before ibiza 1.5 years ago. lost the first one on the way to work, lost the 2nd in ibiza this year (it managed to survive all over europe, and on my LAST NIGHT i left it in a cab... i mean granted the cab ride was certainly the best i've EVER had in my life, but it wasn't quite worth the loss of my last twilo hat)

pfloyd, i am eagerly awaiting your ibiza pix. god dammit i love ibiza.

Originally posted by mangledx

Back in the day ....Tunnel...

But def. agree CPI's :D

I was waiting for someone to drop this....

Sickest dancefloor I have ever been on in the World.

Others:

Space (Macumba-Madrid)

Ministry of Sound, UK -But not the main floor, the front bar that

they push everyone into at the end where

everybody dances on the bar and shit.

Buzz, DC

Twilo and SF of Course