Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First In? Steve Lawler Review

pod

Quickie version:

Woah. 10x better than he was at crobar. He started around 2 AM in the main room, and went till 5-5:30, then a short break, and he gets on the decks outside, and as of this writing, is still going strong!

Very tribal, with a few surprises thrown in, Scumfrog remix of 'Die Another Day' (ask anyone, I was freaking out over this...), JRNY's Strobe Light, and more!

The patio set got very eclectic, I was a bit out of it to do track names, but I'm sure Biz or Roly will take that one...

Steve = tops

Roland = fantastic opener, great full moon session, thanks for the shirt! :)

Oscar = kept it going till 10 AM inside! Thanks for the CD! :)

Heads up to the usual suspects, Louis, Alex, Biz, Diego, Jesse, Tony, Jesse, Abby, Stephanie, the various girls I met, Kris, and more!

sleep time now, photos later!

glad you had a great time pod.. i wasnt able to make it , as my son wasnt feeling well & was running a bit of a fever:( .. so i stayed with him all night .. im trully sorry to everyone who was expecting me to go ,but daddy duty called ..:D

hope you all had a great time & see you all @ piccotto .. peace out !!

nice night at Space. big ups to all the cp folks in da house. Biz the patio looked awesome,what you guys have created with Lunar Sessions is great ,the music and the vibe are perfect. Take a bow bro.. :) gotta love the fire dancer. :) Steve Lawler was okay; I wish he would stop wavering on the "dark drums" and just bring it. I think miami can handle it.. :D Roly tore the f*cking roof off the patio ( yes they have a roof on the patio :D) and the blue room. Jimmy T solid set from JT, hope he hits space again soon. Oscar was on point as usual, came on well after 5:00am and still had the place rocking. :cool:

Koky > no problem bro. there will be other nights. whats important is that your son is well..:)

Originally posted by pod

Jimmy kicked ass :) He had the largest crowd I've seen at 1 AM on the patio!

i say we take a vote to keep jimmy on the patio 4 good;) i knew this guy had it in him since the 1st time i heard him spin.. im glad he kicked ass but im not suprized... im just PISSED i missed it !!

Originally posted by lolahotass

Glad to hear you guyz had a good time...........GREAT JOB JIMMY:D

Wish I could have made an appearance, but all ready had plans...........next time for sure..........

Koky - hope Jr. is feeling better soon;)

Lola:eek:

thanx for the concern lola baby ;):cool:

Steve's performance was nothing less than Phenomenal.

Incredible Arrangement and Selection.

Amazing balance and tuning into the audience: he dealt out dark tracks, great melody, floorfillers, spectacular build-ups, flawless blending, some old school hits, and BANGIN' energy.

(AND THIS WAS JUST THE FIRST 4 HOURS IN THE BLUE ROOM)

Upon picking Steve up at the airport earlier, Alex and I asked him if he would be up for a patio set (a suggestion that was actually originally thought of by Ivano - Thanks to him for yielding his set time, something which was his honor) , Steve told us when we were in the car that he surely would not mind doing a short set outside and then said to us in the most sincere manner "guys, I love to play music"

When the clock hit 6:20 AM in the terrace it seemed as if we were warped into another dimension.. Steve Lawler set it off... It was undescribable, if you were not there you missed a truly beautiful sequence of house music. The records he played reminded me why I love what I do and why this music is my oxygen.

It was a pure night and morning, an experience, we look forward to the next one and are proud to have Steve Lawler as Space-Miami resident.

Diego Martinelli

Marketing Director

Club Space - Downtown Miami

Club Spin - South Beach

Originally posted by space305

When the clock hit 6:20 AM in the terrace it seemed as if we were warped into another dimension.. Steve Lawler set it off... It was undescribable, if you were not there you missed a truly beautiful sequence of house music. The records he played reminded me why I love what I do and why this music is my oxygen.

:confused: I was on the patio with my friends around that time. unless Steve cut all his hair off, and was wearing a beanie, I don’t think he was there. maybe it was a bit later in the morning.;)

Originally posted by koky

i say we take a vote to keep jimmy on the patio 4 good;) i knew this guy had it in him since the 1st time i heard him spin.. im glad he kicked ass but im not suprized... im just PISSED i missed it !!

Yo bro im with you.

Hate I missed Jimmy but I had some plans with a pigeon. Hearing the patio was packed @ 1:00 is very impresive since I have never seen this.

Originally posted by sobeton

:confused: I was on the patio with my friends around that time. unless Steve cut all his hair off, and was wearing a beanie, I don’t think he was there. maybe it was a bit later in the morning.;)

:laugh: :laugh: ..."Attack of the Killer Belini?":laugh: :laugh:

had a great time on Saturday...Roly was tearing shit up in the blue room, as we waited for Lawler....Roly threw a great opening set, getting me ready for the Patio and Jimmy T....they held the Patio closed for a long time, and i was getting pissed that i would only catch a part of Jimmy T's set...but when they opened up the patio, all was forgotten...it was a great vibe outside -- great cold weather, hot girls and great tunes from Jimmy T....at 1 am the patio was STUFFED, never seen the patio that stuffed before...i was pulling double duty in the Blue Room and the Patio...but i found myself having MORE fun in the Patio...great beats and awesome vibe...those that didnt go, def. missed out!!! Lawler's set was good, i have heard him spin better before...still a good set...played some songs, that i told Sobeton, he had some BALLS in playing...Die Another Day was one of them...great version, but still a little too commerical for my taste...an overall great set by Lawler...but the place to be was the Patio...after Jimmy T. came Roly and he ripped the roof off the Patio...i think both Jimmy and Roly compliment each other....good transition from Jimmy to Roly...two thumbs up all the way...great hanging with: Meli, Sobeton (aka the Million Dollar Man - - the knee seems good for Picotto), Beatfriek, Bugaloo, Biz, Pod, Steffy, Abby (ur crazy girl!!), Macfunk, Roly, Leo (Koky's Bro) and for others that i forgot...i hope Louis was out in the Patio, watching the vibe and listening to the good beats that Jimmy T was dropping...def. a diff. vibe out in the patio that early in the morning...

ps

a big :bigfinge: to Biz...u sold out on the shirt man!!! i was jumping up and down in front of u...but passed on throwing me a shirt!!!:finger: (that is MY ONLY COMPLAINT OF THE NIGHT)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

a big :bigfinge: to Biz...u sold out on the shirt man!!! i was jumpingfinger: (that is MY ONLY COMPLAINT OF THE NIGHT)

Hey Matas - we'll all chip in and get you a special shirt - "I went to Lunar Sessions and BIZ didn’t give me a Lousy tee shirt!". Poor Matas!! BooooHOOOOO - lol (btw, Biz- the shirts you gave our are very nice shirts!)

When I bumped into Biz and Roly@ the game, they said it was a fantastic night. It sounds like it was!

Originally posted by guyman1966

Hey Matas - we'll all chip in and get you a special shirt - "I went to Lunar Sessions and BIZ didn’t give me a Lousy tee shirt!". Poor Matas!! BooooHOOOOO - lol (btw, Biz- the shirts you gave our are very nice shirts!)

oh u got some??? THATS IT...BIZ IS ON MY SHIT LIST!!!!!!:tongue:

Originally posted by guyman1966

OK. PM me a mailing address and a shirt is on its way to you.

NO I WANT ONE FROM BIZ....its the "principle" of thing...he still owes me an autographed "Clubhoppers" magazine...Biz is 2 for 2 in the promo department with me...:tongue:

btw, thanks for the fins tix...i got up late from partying with Meli...so there was no way i could make it...but thanks for keeping me in mind....:aright:

JIMMY WAS GREAT! I'M JUST UPSET I COULDN'T STAY OUT THERE THE WHOLE TIME. IT WAS WAYYYYYY TO COLD FOR ME. :( I HOPE TO SEE HIM BACK AT SPACE SOON. HE DID A GREAT JOB OUT THERE. ROLY WAS GREAT AS USUAL. LAWLER HAD THE BLUE ROOM STUFFED. I MUST SAY, HE WAS PRETTY GOOD. IT WAS NICE HANGING WITH MATAS, SOBETON, BUGALOO, BEATFREAK, HAPPYFACE, ABBEY, AND STEFFY. :)

Wow,

What else can I say absolutely incredible I would have to say the best night out (musically) and damn I've had some good ones.

Steve Lawler is the shiiit I can't wait to see him again. Roly and Oscar were in top form as usual I don't think I cought Jimmy T.

It was a bit cold out and I wasn't wearing much, but the Patio was off the hook great job Biz !!!! The fire dancers, Moon pics and free stuff !! Thanks Oscar G for the CD !!

There is not a place in town that can compare to nights out @ Space the DJ's and club are simply the best.:D

Lots of people, Lots of smiles, and Lots of Bootie's shaking... I really enjoyed playing the patio(u could probably tell by the grin i had imprinted on my face all night)... Thanks to all who came out to support... :) SoBe, Steffy, Abby, MrMatas, MeLi, DJKaenow, Bugaloo, POD, Beatfriek, Macfunk, LuLaMishka, ArtG and anyone else i forgot... You can just feel the energy in the air Sat night...

RoLand was possessed saturday night :D ... It was more like HouseMusic101... Even put on a little turntablism exhibit(those who were there know)... A pleasure opening for you thanks for the extra time bud...

Big thanks to BIz, Diego, Luis, and Club Space for having me...:)

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

Lots of people, Lots of smiles, and Lots of Bootie's shaking... I really enjoyed playing the patio(u could probably tell by the grin i had imprinted on my face all night)... Thanks to all who came out to support... :) SoBe, Steffy, Abby, MrMatas, MeLi, DJKaenow, Bugaloo, POD, Beatfriek, Macfunk, LuLaMishka, ArtG and anyone else i forgot... You can just feel the energy in the air Sat night...

RoLand was possessed saturday night :D ... It was more like HouseMusic101... Even put on a little turntablism exhibit(those who were there know)... A pleasure opening for you thanks for the extra time bud...

Big thanks to BIz, Diego, Luis, and Club Space for having me...:)

It's nice to see space trying different things out on the patio. I hope LP got to check out your set, cause it's definitely a treat. Everytime I've heard you spin your record selection and your programming has been on point! Your definitely one of my favorite local DJ's.

Sorry for the late post guys!!! Im still recovering from sat/sun at space!!!!

The night started out early at like 11:30. I wasnt about to miss a set by Jimmy T in the patio!!!! Unfortunately the patio was still closed and i had to lie to the bouncer to get in to hear Jimmy. (I told him i was jimmy's manager ;) )

Sorry to all those who had to wait, cuz jimmy started rockin right when he touched the decks!!! :D

he was jammin shakeyourass house music to its finest!!!

As for the blue room, it was truely a pleasure being blessed once more by Lawler and his flawless beats!!! The man should be brought here alot more often(hint hint louis);)

The only track that i could id under my inTOXication was the DIRTY CASH remix (and thats only cuz jimmy T used to play it for me!)

And for the climax of the night( or should i say morning) was to see the "king of space" doing what he's known for in ibiza, TEARIN UP THE TERRACE!!!:eek: big ups to all those who gave this guy the great idea to play a set outside!!!!!

im out!!! need 5http!!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by beatfriek

Sorry for the late post guys!!! Im still recovering from sat/sun at space!!!!

The night started out early at like 11:30. I wasnt about to miss a set by Jimmy T in the patio!!!! Unfortunately the patio was still closed and i had to lie to the bouncer to get in to hear Jimmy. (I told him i was jimmy's manager ;) )

Sorry to all those who had to wait, cuz jimmy started rockin right when he touched the decks!!! :D

he was jammin shakeyourass house music to its finest!!!

As for the blue room, it was truely a pleasure being blessed once more by Lawler and his flawless beats!!! The man should be brought here alot more often(hint hint louis);)

The only track that i could id under my inTOXication was the DIRTY CASH remix (and thats only cuz jimmy T used to play it for me!)

And for the climax of the night( or should i say morning) was to see the "king of space" doing what he's known for in ibiza, TEARIN UP THE TERRACE!!!:eek: big ups to all those who gave this guy the great idea to play a set outside!!!!!

im out!!! need 5http!!!!

dirty cash (masi and mello mix), best mix out there.. i went to hs with masi... they have some other tracks comming out soon, though i think their ariel track is their best track...

hey hey whats up everyone?long time no post.but i do read everybodies comments.first of all wanna give shot outs to tony,mr.matas,meli,stefi,abby and company.nice night @ space like always never left home upset no matter whos playing,but i did hear great stuff from jimmy t and i must admit havent seent he patio that packed @ 1:00 am,really great stuff.and as the lawler guy herd good things also but wasnt a WOW. im pretty sure he can do better.it was a nice night just went to hang out and enjoy the tunes.BUT ITS ON FOR PICOTTO. :)