Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Milan - Real Madrid...best Game In A While

milano

Most of the world is expecting this super clash between the two most prestigious teams in European competition.

Milan: Rivaldo, Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Shevshenko, Maldini, Costa Curta, Nesta.......

Real Madrid: Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Zidane, Raul, Figo, Hierro...

It is a like a all star game of internaational "calcio". It is more than a game, it is club history and national soccer rivalry.

Catch it on ESPN2 at 2:30 pm tomorrow Tuesday, live from Milan!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by milano

Most of the world is expecting this super clash between the two most prestigious teams in European competition.

Milan: Rivaldo, Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Shevshenko, Maldini, Costa Curta, Nesta.......

Real Madrid: Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Zidane, Raul, Figo, Hierro...

It is a like a all star game of internaational "calcio". It is more than a game, it is club history and national soccer rivalry.

Catch it on ESPN2 at 2:30 pm tomorrow Tuesday, live from Milan!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Let me add a couple things, Milano.

1) Hierro is out, he will probably recover for the Intercontinental game with Olimpia (BTW they are already in Tokyo for the game)

2) Ronaldo didn't play last Saturday the derby w/Barza because he had fever :rolleyes: Probably won't play tomorrow

3) Nesta is out of the Milan team for injury. Will be back for the second game of the second stage group series.

4) You don't like Seedorf in your team??

5) I'm so pissed of with Boca. WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, even with Pavon having a great derby, the miss of Hierro will be too much of a burden against your team's offense. Milan should take it.

I'm so ready for tomorrow!!!!!!:bounce:

Originally posted by vipnerd

Let me add a couple things, Milano.

1) Hierro is out, he will probably recover for the Intercontinental game with Olimpia (BTW they are already in Tokyo for the game)

2) Ronaldo didn't play last Saturday the derby w/Barza because he had fever :rolleyes: Probably won't play tomorrow

3) Nesta is out of the Milan team for injury. Will be back for the second game of the second stage group series.

4) You don't like Seedorf in your team??

5) I'm so pissed of with Boca. WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, even with Pavon having a great derby, the miss of Hierro will be too much of a burden against your team's offense. Milan should take it.

I'm so ready for tomorrow!!!!!!:bounce:

We are goin to kick some...tomorrow, believe me.

Inter can cry all they want, but we can beat them every weekend:D IMO, not having Nesta will only make us more vertical, attack those spaniards 'til they just hang from their goal.

Of course I like Seedorf, plus this is a special game for him, first time he'll play against his ex-team. BTW, last two times we played Real Madrid (early 90s) we kicked there @$$.

If you like the English Premier League check out the Liverpool-Manchester game. It is pretty decisive for ManU. I imagine Sasha is going to be eating his fingernails (he is a big Liverpool fan). without the Spice Boy, Roy keane and Nicky Butt, I think Liverpool has an edge.

Forza Milan!!:cool:

Looks like this is Valencia's year. Aimar is in top form. Barza has a good chance if fucking Van Gaal starts putting "El Torero" Riquelme on the first team. Those are my bets for this Champions League. :D

Real will kick Olimpia's ass.:blank:

Independiente is too lucky... fucking Pusineri saved Gallego's ass. :mad:

Originally posted by laliux

Looks like this is Valencia's year. Aimar is in top form. Barza has a good chance if fucking Van Gaal starts putting "El Torero" Riquelme on the first team. Those are my bets for this Champions League. :D

Real will kick Olimpia's ass.:blank:

I like Valencia. Was heartbroken when they lost the two finals in a row:( But Aimar won't play tomorrow againt Ajax. Still I think their group is the toughest, Roma, Arsenal and Ajax. Valencia beat Arsenal two years ago, but this Arsenal is flying... Roma are in a slump...but have an amazing team. And Ajax after years of reconstructing their team, have a say. Tough group...Arsenal first, Valencia second.

As to Barza....Riquelme was the biggest mistake Bielsa did during the World Cup. It is as he forgot one of his suitcases back in Buenos Aires. Who can forget what he did two years ago to Real in Tokyo. He is the closest to Zidane IMO. Barza first, Inter second (I hate to say this), Bayer and Newcastle no way...

Milan should take their group on top of Real. Borussia and Locomotiv, third and fourth, in that order. My team has the strongest balance of all teams this year, IMO. Objectively, you have three of the best defenders in the world...Costacurta, Nesta and Paolo... The most creative midfield...Rivaldo, Seedorf and Rui Costa... And two hungry canonieri upfront, Filippo and Andrei...

What team has that balance??:)

Juve and Man U should take group D. Depor could have a chance, Basel...any basketball scoreboards???:D

I feel for Vipnerd and you Laliux for Independiente-Boca. But when you miss goals, you'll take them in... Would have been beautiful to have an extra match between them. Well...welcome to the calcio...:cool:

Originally posted by happyface

[

sorry to say but im so fucking happy boca isnt going to win shit.they dont deserve it.independiente busted their asses to get to where they are just to give it up to those bosteros. its true they played better and deserved to win but thats whats the beauty of this sport.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maybe next year boca.

and as the barcelona team goes SAVIOLA AND RIQUELME GOT TO PLAY TOGETHER.

As to Laliux... I think it will be between Arsenal and Juventus. I don't think Van Gaal can put together a strong enough defense. And Real will suffer the pressure of Ronaldo (negative). Man U... you never know... Valencia...needs more power up front. It will be tough if they get passed Roma and Arsenal. For the Intercontinental... Real Madrid 100-1.

You gotta remember that Barza had a perfect first round so they are being very solid in the Champions.... I think a spanish team is gonna get the cup again.

Also, don't discard Olimpia.. if you followed the Copa Libertadores, you know those guys came back from behind in the final round and took the cup home plus they are already in Tokyo preparing for the match... still I think Real will take the cup and maybe "Rony" will take the car. :D

You gotta remember that Barza had a perfect first round so they are being very solid in the Champions.... I think a spanish team is gonna get the cup again.

Also, don't discard Olimpia.. if you followed the Copa Libertadores, you know those guys came back from behind in the final round and took the cup home plus they are already in Tokyo preparing for the match... still I think Real will take the cup and maybe "Rony" will take the car. :D

I like Bonano (f***ing "gallina") and Puyol...but De Boer and co. can't match up with Henry, Pires...

From the midfield up...Barza certainly has strength. But Van Gaal's tactics are very risky. I really like Gaizka in the midfield and Romy and Saviola and Kluivert. BTW, Motta played an amazing match against Real...including taking Makalele out:eek:

Olimpia is more dangerous than a hippie's lion, but the moment Real presses the gas...their movility should be too much. Unless Tavarelli wins the car.

The four Spanish teams are pretty solid. Specially in a long tournament. When it comes down to the knockout phase... I would take this year an English or italian side...

We don't need to agree with the favorites...but hey this is futbol, what else can we expect.

So who do you take tomorrow?? Score?? And Liverpool-ManU??

I think it will be Milan3-1 and Liverpool 2-1.

Olimpia is more dangerous than a hippie's lion, but the moment Real presses the gas...their movility should be too much. Unless Tavarelli wins the car.

dont be mad OLIMPIA left boca out of the libertadores.you guys won 2 in a row BY PK's cant get any luckier than that.

peace out

:laugh: :laugh: I can only imagine a hippie's lion:laugh: :laugh:

Real Madrid 3 - Olimpia 1

___________________________________________-

The four Spanish teams are pretty solid. Specially in a long tournament. When it comes down to the knockout phase... I would take this year an English or italian side...

True. teams like Milan, Juventus, Arsenal, Man Utd are stronger than last year. Barza lost Rivaldo (huge loss) and Milan gained it!

My forecast: AC Milan 3 - Real Madrid 0

Liverpool 3 - Manchester 2

dont be mad OLIMPIA left boca out of the libertadores.you guys won 2 in a row BY PK's cant get any luckier than that.

peace out

:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by happyface

peace out

Looks like U can't tolerate that not once but twice we won back to back Libertadores.

If you had any doubt the first time...:D

Countdown...1 hr. left...can't wait :cool:

It was a vibrant game. Milan deserved the win, Real Madrid could had tied it only because Milan wasn't sharp enough in netting today.

Player of the game, Rui Costa. Despite a few missed chances, Rui was the true organizer for his team. In some games he tends to dissappear, but ever since Rivaldo arrived, Rui has gained in freedom to move in three quarters of the field. His pass to Shevchenko reminded me of those missile shots from the Gulf War. Precision, class, vision. A delight to the eye.

Milan dominated the first 30 minutes of the game, and could had been up 2-0 by then if Seedorf and Shevchenko would had taken their chances. When Real gained control of the midfield and pressured Milan is when the only goal arrived. Brilliant goal.

The second half was as intense, but less organized. The offside call on Seedorf's lob, saved by Celades was the collective play of the game. Simply a delight.

As to Raul's offside, yes he was offside, only Serginho in front of the goal line.

Towards the end Real pushed Milan into their box. A little to late. AC Milan were already on the wake of their first three points.

Two great teams. I believe, despite the loss, that Real will pull through in this group, behind AC Milan.

MD

Originally posted by marcodavalos

It was a vibrant game. Milan deserved the win, Real Madrid could had tied it only because Milan wasn't sharp enough in netting today.

Player of the game, Rui Costa. Despite a few missed chances, Rui was the true organizer for his team. In some games he tends to dissappear, but ever since Rivaldo arrived, Rui has gained in freedom to move in three quarters of the field. His pass to Shevchenko reminded me of those missile shots from the Gulf War. Precision, class, vision. A delight to the eye.

Milan dominated the first 30 minutes of the game, and could had been up 2-0 by then if Seedorf and Shevchenko would had taken their chances. When Real gained control of the midfield and pressured Milan is when the only goal arrived. Brilliant goal.

The second half was as intense, but less organized. The offside call on Seedorf's lob, saved by Celades was the collective play of the game. Simply a delight.

As to Raul's offside, yes he was offside, only Serginho in front of the goal line.

Towards the end Real pushed Milan into their box. A little to late. AC Milan were already on the wake of their first three points.

Two great teams. I believe, despite the loss, that Real will pull through in this group, behind AC Milan.

MD

I liked what Maldini did...waited in zone, was the one responsible for leaving Figo quiet. IMO, Casillas was the best player in Real's side...he saved Real from a bad night in Milan.

WTF happened to Morientes??? He should had squared the ball to the center where Raul and Figo were wide open.

And how about Dida's "almost blooper"?...he was so lucky Raul was offside...

We proved today what we can do this year. Believe me, with Pippo Inzaghi we would had won by two or three. Tonite we were unlucky in the definition.

I'm excited about the team, now that finally Rui Costa is playing like he used to do back in Fiorentina and w/Portugal's national team. Having Seedorf and Rivaldo around him distracts the rivals defense zone. And neither Rui nor Rivaldo nor Seedorf need much space to create something out of nothing.

Shevchenko was isolated upfront, but still played vertically, which is when he best performs. Rui's pass to Andrei, well you can see that only at the Giuseppe Meazza

The defense was solid as usual. And Dida should be grateful of still being able to see daylight tomorrow after he f***ed up bad. But it was offside. Raul had only one man upfront.

IMO, Serginho and Inzaghi should be in the first team. The brazilian gives the team speed and explosion on the left. And Pippo is nowadays the cappo canonieri in Italy.

I could write for hours. I am so happy we beat Real. We are now 5 out of 5 w/them in Milan. :eek:

For tomorrow:

Bayer 0 - Barcelona 1

Newcastle 1 - Inter 0 :D

Roma 1 - Arsenal 2

Valencia 2 - Ajax 0

And in two weeks will beat Dortmund away. :cool:

Originally quoted by Vipnerd

"Milano... yes you guys have a very strong team...but IMO, Rivaldo, Rui Costa and Seedorf are great players, but are a little too fragile for Arsenal's or Juve's midfield. "

Pippo and Shevchenko can run passed the Juventus defense. Did you see how slow they were in Deportivo's two goals??:eek: We would beat them not once, but twice.

As to Arsenal, I don't agree. Their strength is their offense. Vieira is a good player, but couldn't match Rivaldo all game. And that is all it takes for the brazilian to cash out. Arsenal's defense is solid, like Juve's, but slow. And we can handle their attack. Once Nesta is back, we have the best defense in the Champions.

Remember, Ancelotti is an exerienced ex-player. And he knows better than most in Italy how to plan his team defensively. Offensively, with the talent we have, anything can happen.

I am hungry for a treble this year. Scudetto, Champions and Coppa Italia.:D

Pippo and Shevchenko can run passed the Juventus defense. Did you see how slow they were in Deportivo's two goals??:eek: We would beat them not once, but twice.

Yes I saw the goals from Juve's game. They were still a little cold. But Juve came back and scored two beautiful goals. Did you see Birindelli's. OMG...what a goal!!!:eek: :eek:

Juve will make it to the final...:hat:

Newcastle 1 - Inter 4 :mad:

Morfeo (I), Almeyda(I), Crespo (I), Solano (N), Recoba (I)

Check out Almeyda's goal from outside the penalty area and Recoba's beauty, outstanding goal:eek:

Leverkusen 1 - Barcelona 2

Berbatov (L), Saviola (B), Overmars (B)

Saviola and Riquelme came in the second half. Two minutes later, Saviola to Riquelme, Riquelme to Saviola and goal. Riquelme missed a penalty kick. With two minutes left Overmars saved Riquelme.

Valencia 1 - Ajax 1:eek:

Ibrahimovic in the 88th, Angulo in the 90th. Valencia saved his undefeated run at home in the Champions.

Roma 1 - Arsenal 3:)

Cassano put Roma up. Henry's hat-trick destroyed Roma. Check the third goal from a free-kick.

Forza Milan!!!

Newcastle 1 - Inter 4 :mad:

Morfeo (I), Almeyda(I), Crespo (I), Solano (N), Recoba (I)

Check out Almeyda's goal from outside the penalty area and Recoba's beauty, outstanding goal:eek:

Leverkusen 1 - Barcelona 2

Berbatov (L), Saviola (B), Overmars (B)

Saviola and Riquelme came in the second half. Two minutes later, Saviola to Riquelme, Riquelme to Saviola and goal. Riquelme missed a penalty kick. With two minutes left Overmars saved Riquelme.

Valencia 1 - Ajax 1:eek:

Ibrahimovic in the 88th, Angulo in the 90th. Valencia saved his undefeated run at home in the Champions.

Roma 1 - Arsenal 3:)

Cassano put Roma up. Henry's hat-trick destroyed Roma. Check the third goal from a free-kick.

Forza Milan!!!

The only surprise I see is Valencia dropping two points at home...now they will need to get something when they visit Arsenal before the break. Angulo saved their @$$, because when Ajax scored I thought it was all over for them.

Riquleme and Saviola demonstrated today they have to play together since the start. But Romy missed the penalty kick...He had come in for Mendieta, who is the one in charge... I agree that Overmars saved Romy, cause had they tied, all the Catalan media would had blamed Romy for the result...now Barza are 7 of 7:eek:

Arsenal beat Roma 3-1...Real Madrid won at the Olimpico 4-0 in the previous round ...no surprise, Roma are really out of shape this year. But in March they will make things tuff for Valencia...

As to Inter... they are a solid team, Cuper's style. And some great talent to control a game and find the net with Crespo, Vieri and Recoba. BTW Recoba's goal was fabulous!!!!!

You were right with Barza... seems they are going all out in the Champions.....it is like an obsession for Van Gaal by now....in his previous spell he had two Ligas and one Copa del Rey but no luck in Europe.

Valencia let us both down:( They better get their act together at Arsenal).....

You were right with Barza... seems they are going all out in the Champions.....it is like an obsession for Van Gaal by now....in his previous spell he had two Ligas and one Copa del Rey but no luck in Europe.

Valencia let us both down:( They better get their act together at Arsenal).....

I would love AC Milan to play Barcelona in the final. Maybe this time we'll be able to show the entire hand (hint: 5 enlongated fingers). Last time we were 1 short:laugh: BTW Rivaldo would have a hat-trick, to the delite of Mr. Van Gaal:D

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!