Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new year's: digweed v. pvd with danny howells

weyes

vic got to me with the news first (thanks ;) ) -

liquified is bringing in digweed at the hollywood palace for $40.

giant has pvd & danny howells downtown for $65.

and there are more things to consider than just those factors, as well as other parties (i guess :rolleyes::D ). to which one are people leaning?

(although i personally am not sure if i particularly wanna go out, i probably will, to be with my friends.)

all things consider....... digweed is spinning an extended set at the palace vs. pvd/danny howells/others spinning 1-2 hours max at the giant village party. hmmmmm....... me? DIGGERS!!!! oh yea!!!

check out the afterhours lineup at spundae AVB spinning at noon plus derrick carter & ferry corsten! oh yea!!!! :D

Are you sure Ferry Corsten is supposed to be there on New Years? Cause Spundae booked him, BT, Greem Velvet, Dan Efx and more here in Chicago that night. I think it would be silly for him to spin then hop on a plane all othe way there for afterhours, maybe he would though.

yeah - now i really don't know what to do :worry::( ...

i can only afford to go to one if i really wanna do it right, and i'll most likely have to work (yes, i said work) some hours of new year's day. so, if it's giant (pvd & howells) or digweed, i'd ask to work the later shift. if it's avb, i'd work the earlier shift.

having to work on new year's day is evil :mad: :mad: :mad: !!! i think the only places that should be open on new year's day should be stores that sell water and toilet paper :no: .

i'm not so stoked about having a new year's party on new year's day, so avb already has that against him, and when i saw him in sept. i wasn't really thrilled. but my absolute best friend-in-party has already committed himself to avb and bought tix, one with my name on it if i can clear everything with work. pretty much, i wanna be with my buddy, and that matters most, i suppose, but if corsten, avb, and derrick carter will bore me to tears, that'd be a bummer :( ...

can someone give me a rundown of ferry corsten and derrick carter (their styles, general vibe, etc.)?

Originally posted by weyes

can someone give me a rundown of ferry corsten and derrick carter (their styles, general vibe, etc.)?

I am not sure about Ferry Corsten, but I have heard Derrick Carter a number of times and he is good. He spins house, sometimes down tempo and sometimes chunky, depending on his night. His mixing styles are phenominal though. I am not a house-head, but I am able to listen to him and not fall asleep.

Gotta say that Digweed is looking good to me... I've always felt that the best dj's out there are only showcased in long sets where they can really use the swells and builds to their advantage, i.e., PVD with a 6 hour set is a no brainer, but playing an hour and a half, then Danny, i'm not so sure...

Ferry Corsten is great! Plays mostly euphoric trance, with a bit of house thrown in to funk it up, I'm definitely looking into that....

Originally posted by lilliz77

...I am not a house-head, but I am able to listen to him and not fall asleep.

:laugh: that's not exactly a glowing review!

but thanks so much, lilliz77 and sebastianxy; it's good to know that derrick carter is house (i had no idea), and if corsten throws in a little house, that'd be cool, too. i love trance, but have been mostly trancing it up this year, and when i wanna really celebrate, i usually am in a housier mood.

Derrick Carter is definitely a great dj when it comes to playing both Techno and House.

As for Ferry Corsten, I'm sure you've heard some of his releases, like "Punk", and his classic "Out of The Blue" under his System F guise.

Armin Van Buuren should be well worth your time. You can check out part of his live set from Club Glow in Washington at:

http://www.clubglow.com/

And if you go to the archive section you can check out sets by Ferry corsten, as well as people like Marco V., Johan Gielen, Tiesto, D:Fuse, and more:

http://www.clubglow.com/audio/audio.html

Originally posted by hotcheme

ferry spins trance, kinda hard. he is good, IMO but only if you liek trance. he is comparable to armin.

i want to come to LA for NYE but i need to find a plane ticket < $200 which will be tough. if i do, see you there.

bus it :eek::D

Originally posted by joeygk

DANNYMOTHAFAWKINHOWELLS!

Damn, I wanna come to LA for NYE. I have a free plane ticket too.....hmmm?

Hey Vic, 'I'll go, if you go." :D

i think i'm gonna go to NY for NYE. In a massive, with all the dj's they will probably have, I think it will only be DH for 2 or 3 hrs.

i'm not even going anywhere for the holidays :(

go to ARC -----> last year at Vinyl was awesome for NYE, and this year the 112 crew will be in effect w/ S&P! Stacey's trying to trick me into going, she's pulling that 'ill go, if you go' nonsense again. you know the trick i just tried.......hahaha.

yeah vic - you should come to arc. i already have tickets actually. i think it'll be the cheapest party in new york. i did find a flight to LA but it is a choice of being with friends on NYE or seeing DJs that i have seen in the last 2 months. Plus we asked Danny and he is only spinning 2 hrs and I heard it is the same for PVD.

yeah, i really think its going to be NY for NYE. Arc. Saeed and Palash w/ the entire 112 crew. I know tinybf and sauvee88 are going so it really looks like it will be NY, so if joey, stacey and hotcheme and some of the NY crew are there, then it will really be a great night out.

I'll order my tix online.

Originally posted by staceyg5

chem chem

don't be thief'n my line cracky...i know where you'll be liv'ng

psst, only works when i say it

come to nyc...promise i won't leave u this time :laugh:

u think it might take me 16hrs to get to NY? :D

ok, anyway, so, I'm 99.9% sure that I'l be in NY for NYE. I'll just request the 31st and possibly the 2nd off from werk.