Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How was Space last night?

chaos33

Not bad, spent most of the time on the Patio listening to DHM though who were their typical briliant and funky selves.

Roland opened pretty well, of course peeking with Dark Beats :):rolleyes:

Space almost had me reevaluating, until a dipshit doorman started screeming at me and doing the chest bump guido shit when I was just trying to tip the dooman he was replacing.

Will write more when I have a few minutes......

DHM was great as usual they had the patio jumping. Played stuff like Inner City - Good Life and some Dub of I'll Be Your Friend by Robert Owens .. some other melodic deepish houseish records. I had to leave 3ish .. still had a great time. Thanks Guys. See you back at the usual place on saturdays.

Good seeing Joe out on the dancefloor as well.

Oh yeah one more thing. Mad props to whoever played Timo Maas - Ubik (The Dance) when I first got there. It had been ages since I heard that song. Total dancefloor record.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

With new mixes on Tommy Boy and the old mixes still doin the damage on the dancefloor .. this has to be one of the best house records period. :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted.

PS: Danny Tenaglia's Blue State Mix of this track is one of the best things he's done imho.

Originally posted by elduderino

The music was great...I just wonder if they had a "Men Only" sign at the door... :confused:

Dud, U go to Space for the music, not to find girls. Only time you find "girls" is at Sunrise Sessions. They look more like woman than girls thou.;)

Tip: Bring your own girl over and you'll have a blast. But you'll need twice a deeper pocket, unless she just came out of AA.:D

I went and Judge Jules wes a badass! He played alot of really hard stuff, especially towards the end. He is a GREAT interacter with crowds, using tons of different non-verbal communications. He did this one thing where he looked like he was either biting his nails or eating corn. It was funny, he is just a fun guy to watch, period. Anyways, he played for probably around three hours and the Scott Bond came on. Scott played more tunes that I was familiar with (Andian - Summer Calling) but my feet just died at around 5:00 so I decided to call it a night. It was great seeing Greg, Edgar, David Padilla, and Suzy Solar there. See everyone @ Picotto!

Originally posted by milano

Dud, U go to Space for the music, not to find girls. Only time you find "girls" is at Sunrise Sessions. They look more like woman than girls thou.;)

Tip: Bring your own girl over and you'll have a blast. But you'll need twice a deeper pocket, unless she just came out of AA.:D

Agreed. You don't go to Space to pick up a girl...it's primarily geared towards enjoying the DJ on the decks. crobar, yeah you can pick up girls, but you better have deep pockets. It's what sets our scene apart from spring break towns like Tampa and such, the clubs down here have more than a passing interest in the music, and aren't too concerned with guy-girl ratios. Any place that is, well, it's probably hip-hop night or some pretentious lounge like Mynt or Privé.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by milano

attachment.php?s=&postid=1150819

Well, I do think music is important...but not so much to where I'd rather be some place where the music is AWESOME...but there's no females. Even if you're not out to pick up girls. It's still nice to have them running around and dancing. I'm a red-blooded male...period. Girls are important to me. Sorry. :tongue:

Besides, I'm not talking about clubs enforcing the male-to-female ratio by not admitting any more men after a certain point...they shouldn't have to! There should be plenty of women around.

Originally posted by elduderino

Well, I do think music is important...but not so much to where I'd rather be some place where the music is AWESOME...but there's no females. Even if you're not out to pick up girls. It's still nice to have them running around and dancing. I'm a red-blooded male...period. Girls are important to me. Sorry. :tongue:

Besides, I'm not talking about clubs enforcing the male-to-female ratio by not admitting any more men after a certain point...they shouldn't have to! There should be plenty of women around.

BUMP!!!

U need good promoters to easy it up at the door.:cool:

well well, let me see got there around 12 am and couldnt wait to see judge jules.last year in wmc he came to space on a monday or tuesday and couldnt make it,but wasnt going to miss it last night.he went up around 1am to about 4 i believe and from start to finish he just tore the place up.everybody was dancing their asses off every minute.i enjoyed it all didnt even step outside to the patio till he was finished. man he played a"flash gordon" mix and it rocked the house.for a minute there they kept turning on the bright lights on for awhile,if im not mistaken i think he lost his glasses,he was going nuts.but he later found em and continued to rock the house.even edgar v was enjoying judge jules crazy beats.judge jules gets my 2 thumbs up for sure hope he come again soon.

see you all friday !!!!

A good girl crowd is important to a club. Basically, I usually find if a club doesn't go all out to invite the women, the girls are of a better quality anyway. Usually if a club does "Ladies in free/girls 18+", it attracts only the trashy sluts from the suburbs there to be cockteases and get free drinks off of guys. Saleen, you'll like this one: put out or get out! Well, not quite so vulgar, but if a girl is there just to lead guys on, I'd rather not associate with her...nothing pisses me off more than a cocktease.

I'd much rather the club promote the music aspect, or the atmosphere...the girls who show up then are usually quite respectable...and better looking too...quality over quantity. Plus, they'll know a thing or two about the music, and that's a good thing. It's why the female population of the Miami CP board rocks. There's not an ugly one amongst them, and they can talk trash about DJs as good as the guys. You know who you are, girls, and if I had the money, I'd buy you all a round of drinks.

I'd rather be in a club with a good DJ, and 20 top-shelf girls, than in a club with a no-talent DJ, and 2000 suburban sluts there to get free drinks and lead guys on.

Originally posted by pod

A good girl crowd is important to a club. Basically, I usually find if a club doesn't go all out to invite the women, the girls are of a better quality anyway. Usually if a club does "Ladies in free/girls 18+", it attracts only the trashy sluts from the suburbs there to be cockteases and get free drinks off of guys. Saleen, you'll like this one: put out or get out! Well, not quite so vulgar, but if a girl is there just to lead guys on, I'd rather not associate with her...nothing pisses me off more than a cocktease.

I'd much rather the club promote the music aspect, or the atmosphere...the girls who show up then are usually quite respectable...and better looking too...quality over quantity. Plus, they'll know a thing or two about the music, and that's a good thing. It's why the female population of the Miami CP board rocks. There's not an ugly one amongst them, and they can talk trash about DJs as good as the guys. You know who you are, girls, and if I had the money, I'd buy you all a round of drinks.

I'd rather be in a club with a good DJ, and 20 top-shelf girls, than in a club with a no-talent DJ, and 2000 suburban sluts there to get free drinks and lead guys on.

I agree w/u Pod........Space does all they are suppossed to do to bring the top DJs......but most people on this board have the same opinion.....where are the girls.....

I think it is a matter of direct PR.....not a matter of calling it an open invitation for girls to come.....as in Ladies in free/18+.....

Tough is to find Bin Laden....not to figure out how to get girls in the club the right way.......:rolleyes:

It's tricky but it can be done...you can load up a place with girls if you gear your advertising right. Though in the case of Space, they don't need to do any special ads, they just say 'Steve Lawler at Space', and boom, a shitload of people show up. In the end it's about numbers, and ratios can go hang. I never really noticed a disproportionate number of guys at Space...it seems fairly even to me...

2 guys and 3 girls:

image004.jpg

2 girls:

image016.jpg

1 guy and 2 girls (go Jimmy!):

image018.jpg

In other words, last time I checked, it was fairly even to me :) And it's my job to look at people, so...

Most guys I know are in agreement with my previous post though. I've heard guys go 'ehh, there's 2,000 girls there, but they are all cockteases', or 'The girls at Nikki Beach are nice to look at, but none of 'em will sleep with you unless you're 40 years old with a seven figure bank account and a BMW'...in other words, just being able to look or fall victim to a pricktease is maddening...

Originally posted by pod

It's tricky but it can be done...you can load up a place with girls if you gear your advertising right. Though in the case of Space, they don't need to do any special ads, they just say 'Steve Lawler at Space', and boom, a shitload of people show up. In the end it's about numbers, and ratios can go hang. I never really noticed a disproportionate number of guys at Space...it seems fairly even to me...

2 guys and 3 girls:

image004.jpg

2 girls:

image016.jpg

1 guy and 2 girls (go Jimmy!):

image018.jpg

In other words, last time I checked, it was fairly even to me :) And it's my job to look at people, so...

Most guys I know are in agreement with my previous post though. I've heard guys go 'ehh, there's 2,000 girls there, but they are all cockteases', or 'The girls at Nikki Beach are nice to look at, but none of 'em will sleep with you unless you're 40 years old with a seven figure bank account and a BMW'...in other words, just being able to look or fall victim to a pricktease is maddening...

:nono:

One thing is girls.......another good looking girls......if I get pinched by a growing shaved mustache.....:puke:

two thumbs up to LP for getting Steve Lawler (I told you a couple days ago Steve's nite at Space was his favorite night this year)....but Space needs more good looking girls.....no offense....but like the ones in Brian1500's signature.....:eek: