Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok who here has a Motorola V60C cell phone and Verizon?

quoth

Im thinking bout upgrading my plan and though the phone is sorta old now...its price is fuckin low as shit and yet everyone i talk to has nothing but positive things to say about it especially the reception from the verizon network.

Now i currently have the LG TM-510 632263-elec_lg.jpg which has been a great phone up to this point..but been having a bit of problems with the phone holding its charge and its either pay $53 for a battery..or upgrade my plan with a new Motoraola v60 motorola60.jpg for the same price?

Im prolly gonna go with the motorola but as much feedback as possible is for the better.

thanx

Get the v60i as opposed to v60c if you can. The software is upgraded (there are some problems with the v60c's hardware). Plus the antenna breaks too easily with the v60c.

I love the fuckin phone. Small, sleek, big phone book, lots of other good features. I get reception even in subway tunnels at times. Only downside imo is the battery life. Either get yourself an extra battery or buy an extended life battery (if you buy from motorola, it'll probably go for around 70-80 bucks).

Read some of the reviews (v60c) here:

http://beta.epinions.com/614119_Motorola_V60c_/display_~reviews

In fact check reviews on that site before you buy something. Usually very helpful advice.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

Go with the motorola t720 I have verizon and the v60. Did your antenna break yet? Mine broke about 48383832 times. The t720 has awesome features and is now only $99.99 after mail in rebates. In order to qualify for rebate you must have your phone for 8 months.

werd..i will look into that too. thanks steve.

I have had my phone for a year and a half on a 2 yr contract so i more than qualify lol...the same offer is being made with the v60...its 99.99 plus a $50 mail in rebate making the phone just 50 bucks.

U asked if my antena broke but i DONT HAVE the v60 yet..i have the LG..thought i have heard that the v60 antenna is very filmsy and breaks easy but i have yet to hold the phone itself to understand what people mean.

Originally posted by quoth

have yet to hold the phone itself to understand what people mean.

When the antenna is unretracted, the antenna can still bend. So, for example, if you wear it on your belt and lean over to tie your shoes then antenna will bend and may break. With the v60i, the antenna, when it's unretracted, doesn't bend.

2 things:

1. is the reception with verizon really good? Like, can i talk in NJ/LI/NYC/upstate with no fuzziness :confused:

2. I found this deal from a flyer someone gave me near Penn Station:

Free Motorola V-60i phone

$39.95 Mo./1,000 Day.....Unlimited NIghts +Weekends

free roaming, long distance, caller id, call waiting, voicemail

I think im gonna take this deal :cool:

Actually i usually ALWAYS go to www.consumerreview.com before i buy shit.

But you guys are getting off-topic..the whole point here is that im gettin this phone for like $50....now your telling me bout these other phones but that just means i might have to throw down like $150-200 or more for the phone..then upgrade my plan...i wanna good phone..for cheap cost..and this v60 seems good..but i definitely hear a lotta shit bout the antenna and battery life.

I will talk to my sales consultant and ask her if i can maybe get the same or a similar deal that im gettin on the v60....on the other 2 phones u guys mentioned.

Originally posted by gmccookny

2 things:

1. is the reception with verizon really good? Like, can i talk in NJ/LI/NYC/upstate with no fuzziness :confused:

2. I found this deal from a flyer someone gave me near Penn Station:

Free Motorola V-60i phone

$39.95 Mo./1,000 Day.....Unlimited NIghts +Weekends

free roaming, long distance, caller id, call waiting, voicemail

I think im gonna take this deal :cool:

I have spoken to my friend Laura who moved out to Beverly Hills in California and i have got 100% A-Plus reception....Verizon is simply THEE best...even competitors will tell u that cause their CDMA network is unique and only used by them. Its wayyyyyyy better than GSM networks.

That is why most poeple in manhattan itself have VOICESTREAM cause voicestream's network is basically MADE for "city talk" rather than calling from the city to jersey or west coast or some shit.

I have had Verizon wireless service for 3 years now and never could majorly complain.

As for the deals...always read the fine print and know what yer getting into.

Its best that u go down talk to a rep and find out all the shit.

Originally posted by quoth

Wait...

the v60c and v60i look EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!!!

How do u tell the difference and how much price difference is there and besides better antenna construction...what is better bout the v60i than the v60c?

Make you sure get the V60 with the fixed antenna. Theolder V60s has a retractable antenna which it shit. All the motorolla retractable antennas that they use on the V60, 120, etc.. sUCK!!!

V60 is a good phone. $50 is an awesome deal. I paid $300 last march. Gluck

I think verizon has the best service. My friends have sprint and they break their phones cause of no reception. And $10 for an antenna is stupid because I have the insurance plan covered on my phone and I took it to a store and they were like you have to pay a $40 deductible and ull get a new phone. I didn't need a new phone just an antenna. But i think the t720 is hottest phone out now.

I would say go for the V60i...I bought that from from verizon about 2 months ago & paid $200 & now it's a hell of a lot cheaper...Def has more things than the V60...The V60i doesn't have that black color on the front of the phone like the V60..when u go 2 the store or look at their pictures u can tell them apart...As for the service, i absolutely LOVE verizon...i have never had a problem at all...all my calls go thru, talked 2 my cousin out in cali & it was crystal clear...I would def. say look into the specials they are running now