Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lauderdale Was Off The Hook....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

Once again...Saleen is running off at the mouth.

"well what do u do and where do u do it.. you brought up you are in the industry, i'm curious to see where, simply because you have no idea of anything going on...."

FYI - My name is Dade. I used to own a club on South Beach called Shadow Lounge. I was the first to bring in internationally known DJ's. First to bring Trance to South Beach. I was the person who brought Oakenfold to Opium on Monday. I have put on shows with just about every big DJ you can think of and I did it first.

"in that list of djs you just posted about, 3 of them are slated to play lauderdale... "

When and where?

"i dont' run my mouth with no substance behind it........ i back up with what i say with facts. I can understand people thinking i run my mouth and i just talk out of my ass, "

Yeah you do.

I didn't post in this thread to have an argument with you or anyone else. It is simply a fact that everything you've said has been said for years without coming true. There are reasons for it that you don't even want to think about. Bottom Line...every weekend there are loads of people who come down from Lauderdale to party in SoBe and Downtown...not the other way around.

Anyway, enjoy Lauderdale. Peace, Dade

once again, you don't know jack... if you are who you say you are, then you got no respect for the people doing the lauderdale thing, since you use to work with them....:idea: :idea: :idea:

why don't you ask around and find out what the is going on.....

PS as much as you fockers loved shawdow, i went twice about 5 or 6 years ago, I can't remember, but it sucked, and they played every madonna remix known to man kind.... Though the bathroom was pretty cool with the fish tanks... But in no way was close to a temps.... i remember lots of guys with shiny shirts on...

mikey- not only is manny the nicest guy around, he has the longest running party in nj, and he does over 300 parties a year with his business. Manny is not JP or Jr. he caters to the younger crowd, but if you were old enough at the time, XS fridays with manny were off the hook.... Manny does a party with one of the south beach clubs every year and I'll surely go check him out.. It won't be the greatest night of music, but he just brings a good time to the club where ever he spins..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the days of The Edge, I used to go to Laudy and it was a pretty wild place to party, lots of different of options, live music, electronica (as it was known by back then) at The Edge of course...all of a sudden, the mayor of Laudy (can't rememeber his name) banned spring break up there, cleaned up the streets from bums and prostitutes...and boom...inmediate reaction from the party people (clubbers, whatever you want to call them) was cold feet and somewhat of a feeling of rejection, it took some years after that for south beach to build up the reputation is now riding on...but Laudy will always remain in the memory of many of us as a place who shut its doors on costumers with low income and youthfull crazy partying attitude...I don't know...I think of Laudy as a place for the wealthy or the very square type...it doesn't have the multi-ethnicity and colorfull quality of south beach, no way!

Fort Lauderdale, even the name is boring :blank:

I don't know about the business side of clubbing and I certainly don't care much about it...fact is, I feel very comfortable here at south beach...because I don't just see it as a place to party and be seen...I live here and it's a really good place to be right now...forget driving up to Laudy or anywhere for that matter, every time I give a place other than south beach a shot, I end up in dissapointment and sometimes frustration...I tried checking Coconut Grove because Dj Spam was spinning at Oxygen...what a shit-hole the Grove is...$15 for parking and the worse crowd I have seen in years...yuk!!! All dressed up very nicely but no class whatsoever...cheesy gallore!

I have been to Laudy a couple of times in the past 6 months and I just felt like a fish out of the water...I don't go to clubs to check the Djs play-lists or their sound systems...certainly not to rate the staff nor the bar-tenders...who gives a rat's ass anyways...I go to the clubs to hang out with MY PEOPLE and first and foremost to DANCE...the rest...I don't care much about it.

I think is great that Ft Lauderdale is offering a good alternative to those who have given up on the beach...power to you...actually, I'm curious now to check the Star Bar and all those amazingly fun places you describe so passionately...it all sounds like the land of Oz.

Now...shoot me! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll try to be as progressive as I can possibly be as long as I don't have to try too much"

- Lou Reed

Guest saleen351

T minus 29 days.... the deal should be done soon, and when it is, all of yous will be invited and i'll see what i can do for a list or comps or something... i really have no pull, but the clubs are aware its important to win over the cpers....

If i didn't belive in something, I wouldn't talk smack.... but for all those who are nay sayers when you come up, you can post your 100% no holds barred reviews... Just be honest and review it based on how good of a time you have. Who knows you guys may enjoy yourselfs:idea:

Once again...Saleen is running off at the mouth.

"well what do u do and where do u do it.. you brought up you are in the industry, i'm curious to see where, simply because you have no idea of anything going on...."

FYI - My name is Dade. I used to own a club on South Beach called Shadow Lounge. I was the first to bring in internationally known DJ's. First to bring Trance to South Beach. I was the person who brought Oakenfold to Opium on Monday. I have put on shows with just about every big DJ you can think of and I did it first.

"in that list of djs you just posted about, 3 of them are slated to play lauderdale... "

When and where?

"i dont' run my mouth with no substance behind it........ i back up with what i say with facts. I can understand people thinking i run my mouth and i just talk out of my ass, "

Yeah you do.

I didn't post in this thread to have an argument with you or anyone else. It is simply a fact that everything you've said has been said for years without coming true. There are reasons for it that you don't even want to think about. Bottom Line...every weekend there are loads of people who come down from Lauderdale to party in SoBe and Downtown...not the other way around.

Anyway, enjoy Lauderdale. Peace, Dade

I have to respect your opinion, like everyone elses....especially if you brought Shadow to the beach.........

I don't know which of the DJs back in the thread could play Ft. Lauderdale...but the one who can.........why wouldn't he work in Lauderdale???.......what do Spring Breakers have to do with it if they only come down here in March......

Every major city has GOOD clubs.......people in Ft. Lauderdale have ca$h.....they could fill a club if it is promoted properly.....no need for Miamians to go there.........after a few months.......with quality DJs.......quality girls........a vibe going on.........some clueless Miamians could go up for a change.......and consider going there..........

If there are clubs open now........and they can be open 'til 4 or so...couldn't a club just step up and do the right thing???.....

I disagree with the "Pack it up Miami, I told you it's Ova and it's Ova.....".....because it was argued as.....people from SOBE will leave behind SOBE to go to Lauderdale......no way Jose........

But targetting the local market is a different story.....I know some have tried it........and apparently failed.........but only three years ago trance was on top of house in Miami...........now things have changed dramatically..........why couldn't a well planned club work in Lauderdale.......

I still believe that there is less of a failing business and more of poor management/vision for the failing business.

To slash Lauderdale based in the past..... when there were only a couple handfull DJs that ruled the market is a business mistake in itself......success doesn't come from copying......but from reinventing........and that's when you can make the $$$$$$$$$

With all due respect to Saleen......I'm not defending his point....if solely adding a new perspective to the Lauderdale debate.....:hat:

Originally posted by funketeer

Back in the days of The Edge, I used to go to Laudy and it was a pretty wild place to party, lots of different of options, live music, electronica (as it was known by back then) at The Edge of course...all of a sudden, the mayor of Laudy (can't rememeber his name) banned spring break up there, cleaned up the streets from bums and prostitutes...and boom...inmediate reaction from the party people (clubbers, whatever you want to call them) was cold feet and somewhat of a feeling of rejection, it took some years after that for south beach to build up the reputation is now riding on...but Laudy will always remain in the memory of many of us as a place who shut its doors on costumers with low income and youthfull crazy partying attitude...I don't know...I think of Laudy as a place for the wealthy or the very square type...it doesn't have the multi-ethnicity and colorfull quality of south beach, no way!

Fort Lauderdale, even the name is boring :blank:

I don't know about the business side of clubbing and I certainly don't care much about it...fact is, I feel very comfortable here at south beach...because I don't just see it as a place to party and be seen...I live here and it's a really good place to be right now...forget driving up to Laudy or anywhere for that matter, every time I give a place other than south beach a shot, I end up in dissapointment and sometimes frustration...I tried checking Coconut Grove because Dj Spam was spinning at Oxygen...what a shit-hole the Grove is...$15 for parking and the worse crowd I have seen in years...yuk!!! All dressed up very nicely but no class whatsoever...cheesy gallore!

I have been to Laudy a couple of times in the past 6 months and I just felt like a fish out of the water...I don't go to clubs to check the Djs play-lists or their sound systems...certainly not to rate the staff nor the bar-tenders...who gives a rat's ass anyways...I go to the clubs to hang out with MY PEOPLE and first and foremost to DANCE...the rest...I don't care much about it.

I think is great that Ft Lauderdale is offering a good alternative to those who have given up on the beach...power to you...actually, I'm curious now to check the Star Bar and all those amazingly fun places you describe so passionately...it all sounds like the land of Oz.

Now...shoot me! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll try to be as progressive as I can possibly be as long as I don't have to try too much"

- Lou Reed

BTW Funk..........U owe me one.....:hat:

:grenade::D

That's exactly my point...I don't think Lauderdale sucks or that it is hopeless...just the opposite. I think they have to concentrate on creating business that will work for them in the long run and not trying to be Sobe. The problem with Saleen's outlook is that he believes and has said here that South Beach and Downtown are over and Lauderdale is ready to explode. Just not true. But I guess that after all the success Saleen has had in the business we should all listen to him

As for the guys at Star Bar, it's true that they are the guys who bought into Shadow near the very end. But the truth is that even after they bought us out, it was ME who booked ALL the talent there. I have respect for them as I have for anyone who puts their money up and takes a shot. I wish them nothing but success. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago about helping get them some DJs to come in and play there. When I told them what the big guys charge, the answer was, "We can't pay that because Lauderdale is different from South Beach. People here won't pay more than $10 cover." I rest my case.

The funny thing is that I believe that if the big guys played there it would make serious money because the market for music in North Broward and Palm Beach County are huge and putting it in Broward makes it central to everyone.

BTW - you still have not backed up anything you've said...

The funny thing is that I believe that if the big guys played there it would make serious money because the market for music in North Broward and Palm Beach County are huge and putting it in Broward makes it central to everyone.hat's

I am not as clueless as I originally thought I was. :hat:

Let's get Vynil, Spundae, Giant, Twilo.........:D

[

Now...shoot me! ;)

- Lou Reed

Originally posted by thehog

Vodoo lounge

$20 on Sat. night after 12

shitty dj and system

totally packed every Sat. nigh

hot girls everwhere

WTF are they or you talking about

:confused:

What's the capacity for Voodoo lounge???...Do U know??......Or Saleen......Do U know??????

I don't see a problem having Spundae open.......and charging $20 or $30 to check out Danny Howells.......aren't mega-clubs expanding to other cities nowadays?????:hat:

Guest saleen351

capacity at star bar is 1600, so that is $16,000 bucks they could potential spend. Now hog is right, voodoo with a capacity of I'd say somewhere in the 1000 persons range charges 20 bones and its packed wall to wall.... Every friday and saturday with shitty music, and shitty sound system.. but mad girls... awesome vip area...

I have at least 10 dj off the top of my head that are potential good fits. Based on name, talent, style and marketability.

I know for a fact a dj like Jhonny Vicious could be booked somewhere under 6k.... Now before you losers go bashing JV, who is an awesome dj, you gotta remember, we could fill the northeast niche market... So lets say at 6k we booked him, all we need is 600 people paying 10 bones. They do that now with the shitty ass music and no inside open...:idea:

point is the guy doing the bookings has got connections all over the place. he'll get it done for his big parties, then for the other nights, i'll make my push to see if we can work something out with the djs I know from nj and nyc... I can keep a train of good solid djs for less then 3 grand comming every week... Plus i have some tricks up my sleeve...

no one said we need the worlds greatest djs.. but if they book solid djs week in and week out, and they keep the cost down and cover down, it will work....

though the booking of the year, has got to be who ever lures JR. down here... :eek:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djkaenow23

Hey Saleen351 do you know what the defention of a NIGGA is..A person who is ignorent....You can listen to Hip Hop and not be a nigga..So make sure you use the term correctly "guido.."

attachment.php?s=&postid=1151938

Originally posted by saleen351

capacity at star bar is 1600, so that is $16,000 bucks they could potential spend. Now hog is right, voodoo with a capacity of I'd say somewhere in the 1000 persons range charges 20 bones and its packed wall to wall.... Every friday and saturday with shitty music, and shitty sound system.. but mad girls... awesome vip area...

I have at least 10 dj off the top of my head that are potential good fits. Based on name, talent, style and marketability.

I know for a fact a dj like Jhonny Vicious could be booked somewhere under 6k.... Now before you losers go bashing JV, who is an awesome dj, you gotta remember, we could fill the northeast niche market... So lets say at 6k we booked him, all we need is 600 people paying 10 bones. They do that now with the shitty ass music and no inside open...:idea:

point is the guy doing the bookings has got connections all over the place. he'll get it done for his big parties, then for the other nights, i'll make my push to see if we can work something out with the djs I know from nj and nyc... I can keep a train of good solid djs for less then 3 grand comming every week... Plus i have some tricks up my sleeve...

no one said we need the worlds greatest djs.. but if they book solid djs week in and week out, and they keep the cost down and cover down, it will work....

though the booking of the year, has got to be who ever lures JR. down here... :eek:

WTF is doing LP with Spin then!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Question.....

If Voodoo had 1000 people @ $20 each and Star Bar had 1600 @$10 each, both playing commercial music, then why would they bother to hire big DJs at all? I mean according to Saleen everything's coming up roses...why mess with a good thing? Do you really believe that if Space was packed every night with no-name guys on the decks that he would bring in the guys he does....I don't think so.

Originally posted by vipnerd

I'm ready for it.....plus I think it puts a lot more quality to our nightlife...

One thing I can tell you.....none of the clubs open right now have the variable components that make a great club

quality DJ + Good looking girls + vibe

IMO:

Space: Best DJs + very low on girls + OK vibe

Crobar: low in DJs + OK girls + OK vibe

Level: no DJs + no girls + no vibe

Spin: OK in DJs + low in girls + low in vibe

Lets see what happens with MAZE. Please reviews on Saturday so the ones that left town can now...:)

your opinion of these clubs seem to be more of a fact IMO

Guest saleen351

Question.....

If Voodoo had 1000 people @ $20 each and Star Bar had 1600 @$10 each, both playing commercial music, then why would they bother to hire big DJs at all? I mean according to Saleen everything's coming up roses...why mess with a good thing? Do you really believe that if Space was packed every night with no-name guys on the decks that he would bring in the guys he does....I don't think so.

1. you can make a lot more money

2. their is fierce competiton now in the lauderdale area, so you must out gun your neighbors

3. longevity of the club, so people don't get burned out

4. It makes good business sense

5. voodo does not play all commercial music. I heard about 20 tracks there that you hear at space, level, crobar etc, so at 7 mins avg track time that is 140 qualtiy mins of music, and that is just the time i was there...

6. there is sooooooooooooooooo many broward folk, that would rather stay here and hear quality beats and dance with all of our hot women....