Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLUB MAZE Grand Opening tomorrow

mazegirl

Hello Clubplaneters...

Check it out.

Join us for our GRAND OPENING on Friday, November 29th, with guest DJ BT (special DJ set) and Bill Hammel, and Funktion Fridays resident DJ's Markus Schulz (93.1) and Pat Tetrick, and Grooveman's Armando and Monique.

Maze features three distinct areas:

The Twilo-esque 2 story main room has been fitted with an amazing Dance Stack System, created by Funktion One, the leader in high-powered professional sound. The most advanced sound system in the world, it is the only one of its kind; just one club -- in Ibiza -- has a similar system, the predecessor to this revolutionary sound. The dance floor also features a spectacular lighting and visual system by Coemar, all designed by the team behind Sasha & Digweed's Delta Heavy Tour.

As a “Casual Chic, South Beach Martini Bar,†Lime Bar will be open Tuesdays through Sundays, from 5pm to 5am. Its upscale yet casual atmosphere is set amidst a palette of Prada green and vibrant purple, Lime Bar is the ideal backdrop for conversation, cocktails and an energy that rises throughout the night, with an assortment of deep house and downtempo DJ's scheduled to appear.

The third venue, The Room, will be accessible from the dance area, but will have its own identity-- as an elegant, cabaret-type lounge with a burgundy, charcoal and silver interior. The Room will feature special events, live performances, theme parties, etc...

If you have any questions or want to make a VIP reservation for opening night or any other event, please call me at 305.534.9975, or 305.588.2533 or e-mail me at VIP@clubmaze.com

Pre-sale tickets are $20 and are now available at Grooveman Music, 1543 Washington Ave. $25 at the door.

Club Maze is located at 1771 West Avenue, Miami Beach

For more information, please check out our website at www.clubmaze.com

Hope to see you all tomorrow!!!! Can't wait!

:D

Guest saleen351

mazegirl, i wonder who you are;)

i'll be there, if i can figure out what time picotto goes on...

which i'm sure space wont' say what exact time. So my game plan might be:

10pm i'm at maze (comped of course) then leave at like 1am, should be in space by 130am and pioctto should go on at no earlier then 130am....

so yes saleen might have to pay at space..:(

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

but they are open to suggestions...

don't i know it....:D

do u think i can leave maze at 1250am, and be in space by 130am for picotto???? you are the transportation expert...

Transportation expert? I don't even have a bloody car! :)

Well, unless you drive like old people fuck, you can get to Space from Maze in about 15-20 minutes.

Same for a cab. If you're ghetto like me, the Night Owl circulator runs across the causeway around 1 AM or so, and drops you off 3 blocks from Space.

Wish it was 2004-05 and we'd have the Baylink train going right down Alton and across the causeway.

Originally posted by saleen351

oh, i forgot, can you confirm the rumor of the 4 dollar beers and 6.50 drinks??? thanks..

:eek: :eek:

I have never paid $4 for a beer in a club in SOBE. Should be an amazing night. Bill Hamel should be awesome.

Any word on CPers guestlist??:cool:

WEEEEEEEELL.... Here's the scoop...

Domestic and import beers are $4 and $5, and drinks run between $5 and $10, depending on the liquor brand...

Everyone should be very, very happy w/ our prices.

:D:D:D:D

Since the point of what we are trying to do is eliminate the whole “velvet rope,†long waits outside the door system, there will be no guest list for our club. Sorry, clubplaneters....

Considering it is the opening night of the hottest club in town, BT and Bill Hammel in the line-up, plus another set of awesome local DJ's in Maze and The Room, cheap drinks, and excellent vibes... I can ASSURE you $20 is a small price to pay and it'll DEFINITELY be worth your while... Tickets are only $20 (pre-sale) if you buy them at Grooveman or $25 at the door.

If you want to get a table, we still have some available, and I would be happy to accomodate to any of your needs. Bottle prices are VERY reasonable as well and the cost of the table is simply the bottle (s) price + admission.

Let me know if you have any questions... You can call me at 305.534.9975 or e-mail me at carla@clubmaze.com

Following 2 Funktion Fridays....

Armin van Buuren: Dec. 6th

D:Fuse: Dec. 13

:D :D :D

Guest saleen351

last year, all i heard about was defuse... so i'm gonna have to check it out, but mazegirl, we need a 10 dollar admission:( I'm sure maze could work something out with cooljunkie to get us 10 bucks off for future events...

Originally posted by saleen351

last year, all i heard about was defuse... so i'm gonna have to check it out, but mazegirl, we need a 10 dollar admission:( I'm sure maze could work something out with cooljunkie to get us 10 bucks off for future events...

BUMP!:aright:

hmm where do I start .. very nice place .. great lighting system and a very loud soundsystem .. got there at 12ish and marcus shultz was on the decks .. played sutff like sugarhigh and breezer. Uplifting numbers and even a cheeky depeche mod e remix thats been doin the cd-r rounds.

Hamel came on at 2am and played a couple of records including an edit of rockwell - somebody's watchin me ..

BT came on and started with Forme - Kick a Hole on Marine Parade and just started playing breaks .. also played Plump DJ's Scram and a couple of his new productions .. one breakbeat affair and one more housey one.

Overall a pretty intresting night.

One note. John Digweed must play at this place .. that place is made for him. I

also would like to see some techno there. *Cough* COCOON *Cough*. We can only hope. While we're wishing a MURK night wouldn't be bad either.

Saw lots of people out and about Nick and Sara and Dan from Cooljunkie. Danny, Greg & Matt. Steven from BigDjLittleClub and even Joe Budious made an appearance.

Lets hope the numbers grow in the coming weeks.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Here are my comments on Maze.....

First off, I can't believe I missed so many of you. Hopefully I will get to meet you next week at the AVB show.

The sound in that place is unbelieveable! I can't wait to hear the future line up on that system. I was figuratively and litterally blown away.

Markus Schulz was fabulous. I have been listening to his radio show and thought he was quite tallented. So glad I now have a place to hear him play live. Anyone heard his remix of Manilla Sunrise on Yoshitoshi yet?

I had never heard Bill Hamel play before. I was only familliar with his Sunkissed imprint, but I must say I was impressed with his music choice.

I have seen BT's live PA a few times but this was the first time I had heard his spin....I thouth he was good, but he didn't change my life.

Looking forward to next week and Armin!:D

Color me impressed. The engineering on the new Funktion One sound system is nothing short of spectacular. It was running continuously all night at about 125 dB or so, with none of the 'sonic fatigue' problems associated with running a similar system at that level. Roland and Dan, the guys from Sound Investment Ltd., who put the rig together, were kind enough to give me the technical tour...I won't bore ya with the details, but this system accounts for just about everything...plus, the cabinets have a retro-futuristic look to them (check it out at www.funktion-one.com)

Lighting, I've never seen that many fixtures per square foot in any venue. 20 Trackspots, 8 Technobeams (left over from the old club), at least 20 more 575-watt-class Coemar fixtures, plus 2 CX-7HEs (700 watts) on fully mobile truss...:eek:

The place has potential. I don't see it as competition to Space, as many people are classifying it as. Instead, I see it as "Let's go to Maze first, then hit Space around 4-5 am...."...or they could book acts no one gets down here, and go for a different audience entirely...

Originally posted by pod

The place has potential. I don't see it as competition to Space, as many people are classifying it as. Instead, I see it as "Let's go to Maze first, then hit Space around 4-5 am..."

Would that mean.......Space will give up its liquor license......and solely sell water????:confused: :confused:

Guest saleen351

pod, the lights remind me of the lights in one of my favorite clubs, club XS on the jersey shore. Years ago, their lights use to move simular like mazes lights. Not sure if it actually does anything, but hey, it looks cool when they move:D

Originally posted by pod

vipnerd, what are you talking about? Space has a 24 hour permit...

mobile truss is cool :)

I meant.....what did I mean?.....Ohhh!......that between 1 and 5 is when the most alcohol is served......the afterhours people do drink.......but more water kindda.........

In other words.......if Maze could take away people 'til 4/5.....they would certainly hurt Space:( .......

But....you see them hurting more Space......on a Friday??.....or Crobar and/or Spin.......on a Friday.........I agree with Saleen that there is the same amount of demand (clubbers).....low nowadays anyhow....and more supply (clubs)...........

Just curious......'cause I missed Maze last night!.....:hat: