Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering Review

rcrespo

Cool venue .. horrid parking situation. I heard some people parked at space and then took a cab to the venue. I had a good time though. Uberzone rocked it hard in 'Japan' , Sandra Collins was a pleasant surprise. Fast forward to 4:45am .. Tall Paul is on in 'Hawaii' and I hear some familar nirvana lyrics .. someone has sampled lithium .. isn't anything sacred anymore? Regardless after that Stryke came on and tore up the grass floor. He had everyone moving and groving. The peak had to have been that stepback remix by smith and selway. Smoke Machine also went down in a storm .. Great sounding techno at 530am .. what a great way to end the night.

Nice to see the CP Mafia supporting. Beatfriek , Koky , Sobeton and meeting Stephanie :). See you all for my birthday on 12/6 @ Space. :) Oh yeah Stryke is playing that night too

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Originally posted by anteye

DAMN!!!! You're quick!!

:laugh: yeah , we had a bet to see who would post theirs up 1st..he won ! lol

well, me, steffy & sobeton get there like at 12 or 12:15(cant really remember).. we hook up with beatfriek who s sporting out two lovely hunnies !! greg , how do u do it ?? then we meat up with quest4sunrise & str8upcore.. lil bro got there like an hr later..

1st act we catch when we get there is jimmy van m & hes tearing it up !! didnt get the begining of his set but from the part that i heard he was great ! kick ass dj !!

second act we caught was sandra collins. this chick is bad ass !!! she spins with great energy, vibe & carisma.. & a magical selection of tracks !! trully a great dj

after sandra we stayed to catch george acostas set(DONT FUCKING ASK !!)

but to tell you thetruth he spun some pretty good tracks(maybe 3 or 4).. the the rest of the stuff he played made me feel like i was at the shadow lounge 3 or 4 years ago yo !! he played some oooooooooold ass tracks !! me ,tony & steff would look at eachother as if to say WTF ?? then he even started to spin "COCAINE" & theres where we drew the line & got the fuck out !!

went outside and cought the end of spacemans set which was pretty ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can we say intresting ?

after that it was Edgar V :D well , ill skip this one cause you know all im gonna write is that he tore shit up as always :D !!!

after we hung with edgar for a bit until we had almost forgot that stryke was already playing in the other outside place & we hauled ass over there.. we only caught about 30 mins of his set but he made it count !! stryke is trully one of the BADDEST dj's & mixer out there today period !! & none the less a cool as hell guy !! hung a bit with him after his set . also we chatted a bit there with rcrespo & fatony..very kool peeps ! :)

& to everyone who hung with me & partied with me last night .a HUGE group hug to all of you !! peace !! im out !!

tired as hell from Picotto, I really had no intention of doing anything last night. however thanks to my partners in crime Koky and Beatfreak, I was persuaded into going to Global Gathering. my first impression upon walking in, was this is going to be a teeny bobber fest. but I was pleasantly surprised. the event was well organized, the staff where very polite, and the venue was off da chain. the place is freaking huge. !! the peeps that where there, basically ripped it on the dancefloor. no standing around like you see at some clubs, just people dancing there ass off; which is what it's all about. :) the talent was tight, the acts that stood out for me where Sandra Collins, Spacemen, Edgar V., and Stryke. let me just say a little something about Stryke, this the first time I have heard him in years. the man simply blew me out of the water; he is like a freaking technician on the decks. coming in and out of songs with ease. I am not a big fan of the song “smoke machineâ€, but he dropped a version which was so sick. I was like jeeez!

all I can say is I’m looking forward, to this Friday at Space with Edgar V. and Stryke. these guys bring it, so let’s go out and show them some support this Friday…

big ups to my crew Koky, Greg, Steffy, Anthony, Leo, and Mike. nice to also meet rcrespo and fatony.. :cool:

Koma and Bones on remix duties of that Smoke Machine track. Its on the "We Are Skint' Sampler on 12" and We Are Skint 2CD on Skint Recordngs .. Grooveman should have it just ask. That bassline is devastating. Quite looking forward to Friday as its my birthday and Greg is providing the soundtrack to the festitivities.

Hope to see you all supporting!

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI?

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Guest saleen351

the nirvanva track is spacejunk, there is some confusion as to if there is a new mix, i however don't know of any new mixes, track is probably 3 months old at least, not sure why lots of people are now starting to talk about it, maybe there is a new mix.. i'll look into it.. though i'm not a big fan of the track..

ooooops almost forgot . all of you who are always complaining about not going to a certain event cause its gonna be full of candy ravers or whatever. i just wantd to ask you guys. whats the problem with candy ravers ?? these people love to party as much as we do or even more .. they like basically the same music we do. & they were very well behaved & were dancing their asses off & having a great time !! there was an awsome vibe at the gathering last night & they were part of it & i loved it ! i just dont know why alot of people are always putting them down:confused: & let me tell you.. there were some awsome young dancers there last night that were just off the chain ! cant wait to go to candyland !! its gonna be at the exact same place.. ill see all you kool peeps there:D peace out !

I don't like the candy style, but I'm not opposed to them on that principle. What I'm opposed to is the tendency of them to be very irritating, i.e. they start waving lights in your face without asking, or worse yet, they contribute to battlefield syndrome and just pass out all over the place...whether it happened at GG or not, I don't know (I wasn't there, I had my party to tend to...:) ), but you get my point.

Originally posted by pod

I don't like the candy style, but I'm not opposed to them on that principle. What I'm opposed to is the tendency of them to be very irritating, i.e. they start waving lights in your face without asking, or worse yet, they contribute to battlefield syndrome and just pass out all over the place...whether it happened at GG or not, I don't know (I wasn't there, I had my party to tend to...:) ), but you get my point.

Dan just face it , you're an old fart & a scrooge:laugh: :D but no seriously , they were great & were fun to watch ... just young kids having a great time .. when my kid is older i think id rather him be a little candy raver that a little thug wannabe. now THAT is annoying as hell !! i rather him play with lights than guns & listening to hip hop anyday ! im just saying they are good kids & not looking for trouble. just a good time .. & if they wave lights or not , who cares ? they are just being friendly imo.

Originally posted by koky

Dan just face it , you're an old fart & a scrooge:laugh: :D but no seriously , they were great & were fun to watch ... just young kids having a great time .. when my kid is older i think id rather him be a little candy raver that a little thug wannabe. now THAT is annoying as hell !! i rather him play with lights than guns & listening to hip hop anyday ! im just saying they are good kids & not looking for trouble. just a good time .. & if they wave lights or not , who cares ? they are just being friendly imo.

I agree ! I was never terrorized by a waving light, glowstick; or a candy necklace. these kids for the most part where well behaved, full of energy, and where ripping it up dancing all over the place. I would like to see a lot more of that in nightclubs; rather having people stand around like a bunch of lost souls. which is so often the case at nightclubs. feel the music and dance ! ;)

well lets see, after sleeping all saturday,recovering from picottos night,i woke up (missed the hurricanes game) and decided to go to the global gathering. got there around 1 am after looking for parking for awhile didnt know wether to trust it where i was leaving it,after i parked was,i making the line in the wrong place for like an hour.finally got in and didnt know where to head to.after locating some of the cp members,i was chiling with them listening to sandra collins,which really had a great set,it really was intresting seeing a female behind the decks.then saw george acosta who was okay.the best set i saw i would have to go with edgars set really tore it up had eveybody dancing,had people ask me who was that dj? so i let them know and where they can see him spin again on friday @ space. didnt get to see strykes set,was tired as hell but will on next friday.it was great night nice to see different crowd mixed up really had no problems and didnt see any either.its true thre was alot of young people but it didnt really bother me,its not like we party with them every weekend or event.

special shot outs to the cp peeps steffy,my bro,tony,beatfreak,str8upcore,etc....

btw just bought the new judge jules cd set tried and tested,real good so far.....

thank you guys for the kind words. you guys always make a brother blush... i had a great time, even with the technical difficulties. could barely mix on that stage. one of the needles decided to die on me (good thing i brought backups). mad thanks to tony, my PA, who is making my life much easier these days! hope to see you all on friday @ space.

paz,

stryke

Thanks b : P

Had alot of fun at this thing. Didnt see anyone from the board on sat.. but i know you guys where out there. It was pulled off very well id say. Uberzone. definatly kicked ass. i had no idea it was one guy. got some nice pictures.

All in all it was great. even though at the begining i had some bad feelings about it ie: 30min into showtime there was a kid with an Epileptic attack in the Africa (jungle/ dnb) room. i went to get the ems and they took his ass away.. blood shooting out his mouth and shit. it was pritty fucked up.. but the crowd handled it well. and whoever was MC'ing at the time did a great job of controlling everyone. The staff was very nice. From the DAK guys.. To the bartenders (Grrrrwll) to the soundsystem guys (for a badass rig). To the talent. it was nice to see a little local support on the roster allong with some nice big names. Big ups to you guys that went out to support the locals.

About the candy kids and stuff. Its nice to see people going out (period) lately it seems that if your not a Sasha n digweed.. or a jimmy van M or a mauro piccotto no one goes to see your ass. Its cool to see people dancing and appreciating music for what it is.. wether it be house or techno or even jungle. I think its a step in the right direction. Eventually alot of these kids are gonna loose the glowsticks and the beads. and just enjoy the scene for the sake of Music. so lets not give them too much shit even though its... reeeeally easy to. After all .. alot of them keep this industry moving

my 2 cents.

fatt0ny

Originally posted by koky

second act we caught was sandra collins. this chick is bad ass !!! she spins with great energy, vibe & carisma.. & a magical selection of tracks !! trully a great dj

i havent seen her "live" but her past Cd's are wack...that Transport Comp. that she did...talk about trash IMO...u must have been really wrecked to think she did a good job...:tongue:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i havent seen her "live" but her past Cd's are wack...that Transport Comp. that she did...talk about trash IMO...u must have been really wrecked to think she did a good job...:tongue:

I have to agree with koky, she definetly threw down a quality set! I would go see her again anytime, hell of alot better than f*ckin Acosta with his 1 1/2 bullshit set.:blown:

Anyway, I had a great time. Edgar was definetly the highlight with Marco V Echoes remix and Drunk in Chicago (I'll never get sick of that tune!) Stryke was very impressive, can't wait to see him tear up space Friday, very cool guy too! Venue had a great setup, two stages outside, two inside, plenty of room to run around and not too crowded at all.

I usually can't stand the candy ravers but I have to admit they didnt bother me at all, actually a few of them were the best dancers I've ever seen!

See you all Friday for Armin/Edgar/Stryke:D

I think this has been the best party I've been to since Ultra!!

The set-up was incredible....specially the Japan stage with the light, it was great....

The crowd was pretty mixed imo...not as many candykids as i had expected...dont have a problem with them anyway...

I got there around 11:30, waited in line like for an hour...

I got in time to see Jimmy Van M hit the decks, awesome....

Then I went to the jungle room to see DJ RAP...great...

Like many of you think, SANDRA COLLINS KICKED ASS!!! The begginning of her set was definitely off the fucking hook...

After that i was just wandering around...Then came Spacemen which was AWESOME!!! hadn't seen them since ultra 3....the show was mindblowin.

Loved the robo-martian type of thing walking around the audience...

Then off to Hawaii, saw Acosta, I don't like his style but he was definitely having that place jumping, all those people were crazy with this guy...great energy...

Then... STRYKE.....all i have to say is WOW!

King of "classy" mixes imo.

Nobody even cared about the speaker problem, that would be being ungrateful because the energy this guy builded up was unstoppable, my legs were killing me at the time and i just wouldn't stop dancing...this DJ is definitely my favorite at this moment, I'm eager for this friday @SPACE...

Thanks to the organizers of this event, I hope more rave-like events like this will be held in the near future..

Peace.

whoa, corinto was pretty much checking out the same peeps i was!!!!!:blank:

got there around 12:30, was pretty exhausted from the picotto session at space the night before, but i was determined to visit one of the baddest concert venue's in sfl!!!!:eek: In addition to all the hype from cp members, and a chance to hang out and dance in sneakers, made this a party not2miss!!!!

I agree that this was a very well organized, and professional event!!!! Friggen bars everywhere you look, stocked with greygoose :D johnny walkerk, and all the rest of the goodies!!!

Definately could of used more bathrooms BUT, we cant expect everything!!!!! Even with the hefty $8 drink prices, but were used to it anyways!!!

Now, on to the more important aspects of the party!!! The set up was the best i have ever seen it!!!!!! Made the last two parties there look mediocre!!! These guys had flame breathers at EVERY tent!!! Doing all kinds of pyrotecnic stuff all nite!!!!:flame:

The music, pretty much rokin all freagin nite!!!!

Uberzone, with his digital mix, going off on them DRUMS was insane!!!!!!

Jimmy van M was ok, but definately not a rave dj!!!

Sanda collins- she was ok, i didnt really give her a chance

:rolleyes: but i had my reasons. (spacemen were ready to tear up the place in the Japan arena!!!!Boy did they blow everyone's mind!!! Thats was the most energetic performance i have ever seen from them!!! New remixes of assimilation, abduction, and communion tore up the place!!!!

:D:eek:

Deepsky also were VERY impressive!!!! Definatly eager to check them out again!!! I cant get enough of these artists(uberzone, spacemen, and deepsky) going off on these keyboards and drum machines!!!

i checked out acosta(only cuz the mafia was out there reprezenting CP)- Koky, happyface, sobeton, steff, quest4sunrise, and rcrespo!!!!

Cant wait till candyland!!!! (this time im riding with koky and co>)

Unfortunately i left like around 4:30:mad: :(

Above mentioned friends by koky obviously cant hang!!!!

PS got home at 5, left at 515, got to SPACE at 5:45!!!!left the patio at 11:30!!! ROCK ON BABY!!!!

Originally posted by beatfriek

whoa, corinto was pretty much checking out the same peeps i was!!!!!:blank:

got there around 12:30, was pretty exhausted from the picotto session at space the night before, but i was determined to visit one of the baddest concert venue's in sfl!!!!:eek: In addition to all the hype from cp members, and a chance to hang out and dance in sneakers, made this a party not2miss!!!!

I agree that this was a very well organized, and professional event!!!! Friggen bars everywhere you look, stocked with greygoose :D johnny walkerk, and all the rest of the goodies!!!

Definately could of used more bathrooms BUT, we cant expect everything!!!!! Even with the hefty $8 drink prices, but were used to it anyways!!!

Now, on to the more important aspects of the party!!! The set up was the best i have ever seen it!!!!!! Made the last two parties there look mediocre!!! These guys had flame breathers at EVERY tent!!! Doing all kinds of pyrotecnic stuff all nite!!!!:flame:

The music, pretty much rokin all freagin nite!!!!

Uberzone, with his digital mix, going off on them DRUMS was insane!!!!!!

Jimmy van M was ok, but definately not a rave dj!!!

Sanda collins- she was ok, i didnt really give her a chance

:rolleyes: but i had my reasons. (spacemen were ready to tear up the place in the Japan arena!!!!Boy did they blow everyone's mind!!! Thats was the most energetic performance i have ever seen from them!!! New remixes of assimilation, abduction, and communion tore up the place!!!!

:D:eek:

Deepsky also were VERY impressive!!!! Definatly eager to check them out again!!! I cant get enough of these artists(uberzone, spacemen, and deepsky) going off on these keyboards and drum machines!!!

i checked out acosta(only cuz the mafia was out there reprezenting CP)- Koky, happyface, sobeton, steff, quest4sunrise, and rcrespo!!!!

Cant wait till candyland!!!! (this time im riding with koky and co>)

Unfortunately i left like around 4:30:mad: :(

Above mentioned friends by koky obviously cant hang!!!!

PS got home at 5, left at 515, got to SPACE at 5:45!!!!left the patio at 11:30!!! ROCK ON BABY!!!!

they couldnt hang huhh greg ?? i knew they were to cute to be true :D i hope you're atleast tappin it dawg :confused::D

Ok, I have finally gotten around to my review. The neighborhood was shady as all hell and I remember just praying that when I left my car, I would not return and see it sitting on concrete blocks. So, me and Anthony get in and they are playing hip hop. Uck, but they ended soom and then we saw Arturo, Jay, Fredz, and the crew so we hang out and catch Jimmy Van M. I personally dont give two shits about him and now I don't give three shits! Boooooring!! How anyone could subject themselves to a night of that is beyond me. Then we saw Stef, Tony, and that crew so I knew I would be splitting my time between groups. I saw AK1200 a little before Jimmy Van Horsecrap and he is a badass. I have always loved him, he is the king of NC, but his MC sucked ass so I left. Then Sandra Collins came on and she started slow, but she progressed and turned out a good set. I have seen her before and she is good, but I bit robot-ish (no interaction, doesn't acknowledge crowd). I saw a little of DJ Rap too and she is still a FOXXX. Sexiest DJ alive? I think so. However she had the same MC, so I left shortly after he opened his mouth. I did run into a guy I used to party with back in NC though, what a small world! Then Acosta came on, despite what anyone says, I like him and he did pretty well. Pulled a huge crowd too. After that we caught the end of the Spacemen set and they are crazy. They do a love show dressed in alien suits and they'll have a dancing alien and one that is out in the crowd, scaring the SHIT out of the e-tards, LOL. I was sober all night, but I can see they would be insane, shall we say in another state-of-mind? Then it was Edgar time. Banging set, but only lasted an hour. I never saw Arturo go as crazy as he did when Sunburn came on. I cant even imagine how he reacts at a packed PvD show! KEEP YOUR DISTANCE! You are liable to get trounced upon! All in all a great night! It really flew by since we were not confined to one area. There were alot of e-tards sitting in the middle of the dancefloor and that was annoying, but I kinda expected that. There was this one guy though, GeeeeeSH!! He was a dark-toned black guy and he had his shirt off and he was laying down in the middle of the crowd. I mention his skin color as relevent because it was, obviously, dark out and no one could see him so he kept getting stepped on. It was funny because someone would would step or jump on him and he'd react and then lay right back down. It was crazy. Well, that was my time... now on to ARMIN!!!!!!!!!!