Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Turning Mileage Back on a Car...

Its only my 2nd year of Leasing my car and I'm over mileage already. I'm about to get my car inspected soon, so I need to know if anyone has gotten their miles turned back, and if someone can recommend me to someone.

I tried to Put my car up on a Car lift and put it in Reverse (Like Ferris Beuller's Day Off) but it doesn't seem to work...:laugh:

Originally posted by trewguy

from what i understand is that a dealership can tell if that has been done on newer cars if your leasing the car i wouldn't do it becouse the fact i think they can detect that

That goes without saying, that's why I'm looking for a true professional...:shaky:

Newer vehicles are equipped with a an onboard computer which detects mileage separate from the odometer. When a car is serviced, the odometer reading is checked against the computer for verification. The only thing I heard is trying to reset that chip which is pretty tricky cause if you screw up, evidence of tampering would subject you to some hefty penalties..... your best bet is snowboarding during winter

Originally posted by technojesus

Newer vehicles are equipped with a an onboard computer which detects mileage separate from the odometer. When a car is serviced, the odometer reading is checked against the computer for verification. The only thing I heard is trying to reset that chip which is pretty tricky cause if you screw up, evidence of tampering would subject you to some hefty penalties..... your best bet is snowboarding during winter

THATS WHAT I WAS TRIYING TO SAY

Originally posted by pipdaddy

you moron:laugh:

what if you put it back on the lift and drive it FORWARD all the way to like 9999999 miles, then take it back up to 20,000 or so...:laugh: BUELLER!

Please tell me u didn't really think I did that. It was a joke homey...

Originally posted by trewguy

from what i understand is that a dealership can tell if that has been done on newer cars if your leasing the car i wouldn't do it becouse the fact i think they can detect that

DONT DO IT BRO!!!

All the cars made in the last 5 years have computers in them that keep track of the miles. So even if you turn it back they will read the computer and they can tell. I think you can get in allot of trouble.

im not too sure but i think that if you lease from the same dealership again, which you may or may not want to do, they will let that go...or at least some of the expense...

i worked ata dealership if you go in there making a scene...theyll usually cut you a break cuz a kid with spikey hair ranting and raving on the showroom floor is no good for business...u know

Originally posted by djdanfury

That goes without saying, that's why I'm looking for a true professional...:shaky:

It depends on the type of car and also the odometer. But depending on the kind I think they have to change the chip(which indicates the tampering) after rolling the mileage back...............It can be done, I knew someone, but he is retired now..........sorry

but i would do it after posting on a message board............you never know whos who!

trewguy could be an insurance fraud investigator

:laugh:

Originally posted by djdanfury

Its only my 2nd year of Leasing my car and I'm over mileage already. I'm about to get my car inspected soon, so I need to know if anyone has gotten their miles turned back, and if someone can recommend me to someone.

I tried to Put my car up on a Car lift and put it in Reverse (Like Ferris Beuller's Day Off) but it doesn't seem to work...:laugh:

Dan message me on AIM at NJDionysus, Italians know all about corruption and how to succeed at it.

Originally posted by pipdaddy

you moron:laugh:

what if you put it back on the lift and drive it FORWARD all the way to like 9999999 miles, then take it back up to 20,000 or so...:laugh: BUELLER!

at least someone is thinking:idea:

my friend is the dumbest fucker. he went over 148,000 miles and his lease was for 45,000. He had to pay 36 grand just to return the car. Instead of just buying it, he fought the dealership to settle for $18,000. for another 2 grand he could of had the car