Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone hear about NYE party at Madison Square Garden?

ou812

Hell ya, much rather be at a phish show than a club anyday! Especially the fact their 1st show back in almost 2.5 yrs.

Phish is actually quite a queeny crowd, just the fact many do not know it yet :^) Met lost of gay phans, also a site www.brianrobert.com for gay phans.

Anyhoot, *rumor* is MACY GRAY is gonna to do a short opening set for them, then THREE full sets of phish. Were talking 6+ hours of pure funkadelic getdown & freakout!

Yes, I went to the Phlorida NYE festival, 2 hour set from 5-7 pm, then a break (the parking lot was completely insane!) until just before midnight then played straight through until sunrise, that set was over 7 hours. Not to mention they played three sets the night before from about 5pm until 1:30 am. Lots of great music in 2 days in a disney like environment.

Anyhoot, found this site poking around for info ~ I am get a feeling there might be a stealth suprise gig here in nyc on Friday the 13th th or possibly the next weekend.

peace-out

steve

I guess you've never been to a phish show?

Not sure maybe your a time square ball-dropper as well? :D

As well, phish can do techno funk like you've never heard. I really don't need to sell you on it just less space for me, but you may want to go check it out if your ever invited. :tongue:

phish isn't really an option for NYE cause the tiks are long gone and scalpers have them for $500 - $1000. though they will be back in new york for winter tour in february.

i would give anything for tiks to MSG but I have given up hope after 3 months of searching....

big cypress (the millenium NYE party in florida) was one of the sickest parties i have ever been to. that sort of show isn't really comparable to any club i have ever been to.

the only reason i started going to clubs to begin with was to fill the void in me because of the phish 2 year hiatus. it's over now so i will have to go to some of the winter tour shows. :)

as for that rumor about macy gray - i sincerely doubt it. the show doesn't start till 8 and all of their past NYE shows at MSG have been over by oching....

big cypress (the millenium NYE party in florida) was one of the sickest parties i have ever been to. that sort of show isn't really comparable to any club i have ever been to.

the only reason i started going to clubs to begin with was to fill the void in me because of the phish 2 year hiatus. it's over now so i will have to go to some of the winter tour shows. :)

as for that rumor about macy gray - i sincerely doubt it. the show doesn't start till 8 and all of their past NYE shows at MSG have been over by one because i think there is a law about that or something. so really there is no time for an opener. besdies that phish never has an opener.