Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Only you??

sgtfury

you know one thing ive been trying to figure out for the longest time and hopefully someone can shed some light on it

i enjoy trance..not the cheesy stuff but katana and shit like that...progressive and tribal isnt necessarily my favorites but i can appreciate it and enjoy it..

so im wondering why is it that some people seem to go out of thier way to shit on trance music??

ok, it may not be what you like.....but wtf?

the funny thing is that it seems like some of the people that were once total trance and shadow lounge fanatics now take such a negative stance...

doesnt make sense to me.

I think it's more of a response to the zealots of trance who shit on everyone else. You're a good moderate, Gregg, but tell your fanatics to calm down, it's not the end of the world because 80 people show up to a trance night in Miami.

I don’t think you will get, a viable answer to your question Gregg. the never ending cp music genre drama; is rather entertaining. . personally I like dance music be it trance, techno, house, breakbeats, etc.. I listen to beats; not genres of music. if people want to say trance sucks, progressive house is dead, etc, and etc. then so be it.. LOL as if other people's opinions or sediments; are any determining factor in what I listen to.. it's a waste of time trying to argue over something, which basically boils down to ones personal preference.. in the end is all just f*cking music.. go off to whatever suits your fancy.. :)

Sobeton, I'm glad there's ppl like you on this board who try to keep an open mind and listen to everything. It seems that a lot of people take the South FL scene for granted. Let me give you an indication of what the club scene is like right now in Orlando:

I started the night at Icon. DJ Knightlife was spinnin some fantastic global Breaks, mainly on the Progressive side, and he also spun some great vocal Trance like Accadia "Blind Visions" and Matt Darey "U Shine On". I should also add that Knightlife is easily one of Orlando's best DJs when it comes to smooth transitions.

Icon definitely had the best music in town last night. It's a shame more people in Orlando don't appreciate that. Later on in the night I ended up with a couple of other people at Antigua, and the music was so lame. I got in and the DJ was playing Duice "Daisey Dukes", followed by another "classic" from Splat Pack "Shake That Ass" (I'm sure you all remember the lyrics to this one - just shake that ass bitch and let me see what you got...deep ain't it?), and this was followed by "Doo doo Brown" from the 2 Live Crew. I think whats really sad is the upscale crowd was digging it as if these songs came out yesterday, and as if these were the greatest anthems ever made. You'd think the early to mid 90s Booty/Bass craze would be over by now, but I guess this is just part of the Orlando and Miami legacy...

Things were'nt that much better at the Blue Room with Gerry Lebarge throwing down Maradonna's "Out of My Head" for the millionth time...

The only clubs in Downtown Otown that seem to get some interest out of me on Sat nights now are Tabu and Icon (usually Progressive House), especially Icon, though Tabu gets way more packed(Tabu features Breaks, Hard Trance, and UK Hardhouse on Saturdays). It seems like the clubs that really pack them in are Bar Orlando and Cairos, which is a real shame (think Club Deep of South Beach). At least at Antigua it's a more decent crowd. Chillers remains as cheesy as ever, and Makos ain't much better with its small dancefloor and its segueways from Dirt Devils "Th It's a shame more people in Orlando don't appreciate that. Later on in the night I ended up with a couple of other people at Antigua, and the music was so lame. I got in and the DJ was playing Duice "Daisey Dukes", followed by another "classic" from Splat Pack "Shake That Ass" (I'm sure you all remember the lyrics to this one - just shake that ass bitch and let me see what you got...deep ain't it?), and this was followed by "Doo doo Brown" from the 2 Live Crew. I think whats really sad is the upscale crowd was digging it as if these songs came out yesterday, and as if these were the greatest anthems ever made. You'd think the early to mid 90s Booty/Bass craze would be over by now, but I guess this is just part of the Orlando and Miami legacy...

Things were'nt that much better at the Blue Room with Gerry Lebarge throwing down Maradonna's "Out of My Head" for the millionth time...

The only clubs in Downtown Otown that seem to get some interest out of me on Sat nights now are Tabu and Icon (usually Progressive House), especially Icon, though Tabu gets way more packed(Tabu features Breaks, Hard Trance, and UK Hardhouse on Saturdays). It seems like the clubs that really pack them in are Bar Orlando and Cairos, which is a real shame (think Club Deep of South Beach). At least at Antigua it's a more decent crowd. Chillers remains as cheesy as ever, and Makos ain't much better with its small dancefloor and its segueways from Dirt Devils "The Drill". Things aren't too good over in the tourist-based clubs either as Matrix/Metropolis are pretty dead nowadays, and The Groove either has 80s retro or Hip Hop playing. Even Mannequins isn't as packed as it used to be, but at least it's still alive and kicking with some good music (House Fridays, Trance Saturdays).

I guess this post 9/11 slump will be here for a while. I'm not even sure Icon will be open next week, though the following weeks BT and Pete Tong will be there.

Back to Miami, I read all the negative posts about Maze. I hope this club does really well, but it takes time to build a name and a brand, especially since the club isn't located on Washington Ave., Downtown, or Las Olas. The location is still good, and if I'm not mistaken New York's Twillo also took time to grow. As for the Markus bashing, what a shame! This guy has done so much for the Progressive and Dance scene. He helped pioneer the scene in Phoenix, helped the West Coast's scene grow, and helped Progressive House music grow in the States long before South Beach was into it (at the time I think only Orlando and Gainesville were supporting Progressive in FL). When Sasha and Digweed started their monthly residencies at Twillo there were actually a lot of people in NY talking trash and writing up bad reviews about them, so if some people here feel they need to criticize Markus so be it (Markus is definitely in the same league as Sasha).

--------e Drill". Things aren't too good over in the tourist-based clubs either as Matrix/Metropolis are pretty dead nowadays, and The Groove either has 80s retro or Hip Hop playing. Even Mannequins isn't as packed as it used to be, but at least it's still alive and kicking with some good music (House Fridays, Trance Saturdays).

I guess this post 9/11 slump will be here for a while. I'm not even sure Icon will be open next week, though the following weeks BT and Pete Tong will be there.

Back to Miami, I read all the negative posts about Maze. I hope this club does really well, but it takes time to build a name and a brand, especially since the club isn't located on Washington Ave., Downtown, or Las Olas. The location is still good, and if I'm not mistaken New York's Twillo also took time to grow. As for the Markus bashing, what a shame! This guy has done so much for the Progressive and Dance scene. He helped pioneer the scene in Phoenix, helped the West Coast's scene grow, and helped Progressive House music grow in the States long before South Beach was into it (at the time I think only Orlando and Gainesville were supporting Progressive in FL). When Sasha and Digweed started their monthly residencies at Twillo there were actually a lot of people in NY talking trash and writing up bad reviews about them, so if some people here feel they need to criticize Markus so be it (Markus is definitely in the same league as Sasha).

Let me try that again...

Sobeton, I'm glad there's ppl like you on this board who try to keep an open mind and listen to everything. It seems that a lot of people take the South FL scene for granted. Let me give you an indication of what the club scene is like right now in Orlando:

I started the night at Icon. DJ Knightlife was spinnin some fantastic global Breaks, mainly on the Progressive side, and he also spun some great vocal Trance like Accadia "Blind Visions" and Matt Darey "U Shine On". I should also add that Knightlife is easily one of Orlando's best DJs when it comes to smooth transitions.

Icon definitely had the best music in town last night. It's a shame more people in Orlando don't appreciate that. Later on in the night I ended up with a couple of other people at Antigua, and the music was so lame. I got in and the DJ was playing Duice "Daisey Dukes", followed by another "classic" from Splat Pack "Shake That Ass" (I'm sure you all remember the lyrics to this one - just shake that ass bitch and let me see what you got...deep ain't it?), and this was followed by "Doo doo Brown" from the 2 Live Crew. I think whats really sad is the upscale crowd was digging it as if these songs came out yesterday, and as if these were the greatest anthems ever made. You'd think the early to mid 90s Booty/Bass craze would be over by now, but I guess this is just part of the Orlando and Miami legacy...

The only clubs in Downtown Otown that seem to get some interest out of me on Sat nights now are Tabu and Icon (usually Progressive House), especially Icon, though Tabu gets way more packed(Tabu features Breaks, Hard Trance, and UK Hardhouse on Saturdays). It seems like the clubs that really pack them in are Bar Orlando and Cairos, which is a real shame (think Club Deep of South Beach). At least at Antigua it's a more decent crowd. Chillers remains as cheesy as ever, and Makos ain't much better with its small dancefloor and its sest music in town last night. It's a shame more people in Orlando don't appreciate that. Later on in the night I ended up with a couple of other people at Antigua, and the music was so lame. I got in and the DJ was playing Duice "Daisey Dukes", followed by another "classic" from Splat Pack "Shake That Ass" (I'm sure you all remember the lyrics to this one - just shake that ass bitch and let me see what you got...deep ain't it?), and this was followed by "Doo doo Brown" from the 2 Live Crew. I think whats really sad is the upscale crowd was digging it as if these songs came out yesterday, and as if these were the greatest anthems ever made. You'd think the early to mid 90s Booty/Bass craze would be over by now, but I guess this is just part of the Orlando and Miami legacy...

The only clubs in Downtown Otown that seem to get some interest out of me on Sat nights now are Tabu and Icon (usually Progressive House), especially Icon, though Tabu gets way more packed(Tabu features Breaks, Hard Trance, and UK Hardhouse on Saturdays). It seems like the clubs that really pack them in are Bar Orlando and Cairos, which is a real shame (think Club Deep of South Beach). At least at Antigua it's a more decent crowd. Chillers remains as cheesy as ever, and Makos ain't much better with its small dancefloor and its segueways from Dirt Devils "The Drill". Things aren't too good over in the tourist-based clubs either as Matrix/Metropolis are pretty dead nowadays, and The Groove either has 80s retro or Hip Hop playing. Even Mannequins isn't as packed as it used to be, but at least it's still alive and kicking with some good music (House Fridays, Trance Saturdays).

Back to Miami, I read all the negative posts about Maze. I hope this club does really well, but it takes time to build a name and a brand, especially since the club isn't located on Washington Ave., Downtown, or Las Olas. The location is still good, and if I'm not mistaken New York's Twillo also took time to grow. As for the Markus bashing, what a shame! This guy has done so much for the Progressive and Dance scene. He helped pioneer the scene in Phoenix, helped the West Coast's scene grow, and helped Progressive House music grow in the States long before South Beach was into it (at the time I think only Orlando and Gainesville were supporting Progressive in FL). When Sasha and Digweed started their monthly residencies at Twillo there were actually a lot of people in NY talking trash and writing up bad reviews about them, so if some people here feel they need to criticize Markus so be it (Markus is definitely in the same lgueways from Dirt Devils "The Drill". Things aren't too good over in the tourist-based clubs either as Matrix/Metropolis are pretty dead nowadays, and The Groove either has 80s retro or Hip Hop playing. Even Mannequins isn't as packed as it used to be, but at least it's still alive and kicking with some good music (House Fridays, Trance Saturdays).

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

(Markus is definitely in the same league as Sasha).

seek professional help.. the guy is terrible, but i'm giving him another shot at finding his groove at maze... after that my MS bashing will begin..

LOL Saleen, I can't really get mad or hate on you, b/c you definitely do support the scene, despite a lot of your negative feedback.

I do however find you somewhat of a hypocrite at times. If this was Lauderdale, you'd be talking about how Markus is the greatest DJ you ever heard and how SoBe is dead. Face it man, you're much tougher on the SoBe DJs.

It's interesting, I think you weren't too impressed with Danny Tenaglia either, nor with Paul Van Dyk (which would explain why you didn't like Armin), and you probably wouldn't be too impressed with Sasha. Why? B/c you're mainly into a very New York House sound. That's one of the main reasons you've had an easy time getting into Oscar G's sets. You're also pretty open minded to Tech house and Tech Trance, though I doubt you're into Detroit style Techno.

The world of Progressive is bigger then your taste in it, and not every DJ should be focuing on dark Tech house, Tribal, or on vocal commercial Diva House.

Back to Trance, both Jonathan Peters and Johnny Vicious play some of it, so I guess their motto isn't "Any Trance is too much Trance". One of the reasons I bought JP's latest CD awhile back is b/c I saw your rave reviews of him, and I'll admit he's great. Mostly a lot of Progressive House, but there's a PVD track on it, and several of Peters own tracks there are Trance.

As for GA2, the guy makes fun of a lot of things and different people. It's okay with me if he bashes on Trance, at least he's doing it in his signature humorous way, and it's not going to stop me from listening to melodic, or Progressive, or Hard, or Psychedelic Trance.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

site doesn't work...crackhead central over there if I remember correctly.

naw it works really good now...

we are all migrating there and vip gave us a miami board as well....