Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Maze..Is Sgt Fury F.O.S ?

mojo1200

i think it is so funny to read Sgt Fury's " only you " discussion on people recklessly dogging trance , people who play it or any one type of music, on any given day. But yet we all read his personel attack on Markus Shulz over the weekend because he himself , didnt agree with the music he played or how he played it. I have only heard Markus play twice both times it was very different so ill wait to see what the music at Maze is truely like. I love the club with or without Markus and I think the club is well worth checking out regardless of the residents. (great sound and lights) I hope and feel sure the club will make it because change is good. Wether you or i go, or not. But after reading your posts surely it would be a waste of time to look for you there <no matter whos playn, correct? Or are you, F.O.S.? Remember djing is not a competion. No more than U2 vs Rolling Stones . Its about making you feel good . and having a good time. If you dont like it, dont go , because as they say, " opions are like ass holes" ( sorry if that struck to close to home )

Two of the greatest djs in the world play together , because its not a competion. (i need not say their names!) It about the music not about the critics .(professional or messageboard haters) Negative attitudes hurt everyone, especially the music , all kinds, played and performed by all types,

OR ARE YOU TO BLINDED BY YOUR OWN GLOW STICKS TO NOTICE? Rumor has it you dog everything and everybody, just to read your own type. These are just my own observations and are in no way a personel attack on you.

im tired so i am going to climb off my soap box now and go to bed.

p.s.

i encourage everyone and you to read " the truth be told" posted a few days back.

p.s.s.

do you work for Space or any other club? because reading you posts it makes ope and feel sure the club will make it because change is good. Wether you or i go, or not. But after reading your posts surely it would be a waste of time to look for you there <no matter whos playn, correct? Or are you, F.O.S.? Remember djing is not a competion. No more than U2 vs Rolling Stones . Its about making you feel good . and having a good time. If you dont like it, dont go , because as they say, " opions are like ass holes" ( sorry if that struck to close to home )

Two of the greatest djs in the world play together , because its not a competion. (i need not say their names!) It about the music not about the critics .(professional or messageboard haters) Negative attitudes hurt everyone, especially the music , all kinds, played and performed by all types,

OR ARE YOU TO BLINDED BY YOUR OWN GLOW STICKS TO NOTICE? Rumor has it you dog everything and everybody, just to read your own type. These are just my own observations and are in no way a personel attack on you.

im tired so i am going to climb off my soap box now and go to bed.

p.s.

i encourage everyone and you to read " the truth be told" posted a few days back.

p.s.s.

do you work for Space or any other club? because reading you posts it makes an intelligent person wonder.

P.s.s.s. MIckeal Storm is he, F>O>S ! and ill let you all know as soon as i get all the facts.

Pssss B.S. is heard for a moment, the TRUTH will be heard forever

In case you are wondering, i am more than qualified to make and informed, professional , judgement on Markus or most any other dj, and i have a masters degree clubbology, (hahaha) but, i am wise enough to refrane from casting judgement, and speculation , til i see the bigger picture.

use music for good, not for evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest saleen351

MS has one last chance at making me move... tell him not to play an opening set for trance, just play house, tribal, progressive, then work into trance...

Marcus S. is a quality DJ. He has played along side some big names...has achieved more than most...has a radio show...but, most of all he has a good reputation.

I have not heard him @ Maze, but from what I've read here it seems like he's making the classic mistake of trying to please everyone. A DJ is at his best when he is playing what he loves to play. With the club having weak attendance, I'm sure he is feeling more pressure to play different types of stuff. My advice, let him play what he wants to play. Let him develop his audience.

I keep reading here that Maze should get this DJ or that DJ to play. I can tell you that success is not about one good night with Digweed or another big name. Success is having a consistant crowd that loves your place, your vision, your Vibe...a crowd that trusts your choice of a resident and guest DJs.

SgtFury - Give M.S. a chance to feel comfortable and settle in to this gig. He's got a lot on his shoulders at the moment.

Dade

Guest saleen351

i told my crew when we were there, that MS has no balls. AS soon as he went into Southern Sun, i knew he was trying to please the crowd, and it back fired... He should have just kept playing his progressive tracks, people were feeling them and it had a vibe, so what if they weren't dancing, keep playing it, and they will dance and have a good time, but going into very commercial vox is not the way to go. i"m all for vox, but at least play something remotely new, maybe cassious or jrs new vox etc...

Originally posted by ogmiami

Marcus S. is a quality DJ. He has played along side some big names...has achieved more than most...has a radio show...but, most of all he has a good reputation.

I have not heard him @ Maze, but from what I've read here it seems like he's making the classic mistake of trying to please everyone. A DJ is at his best when he is playing what he loves to play. With the club having weak attendance, I'm sure he is feeling more pressure to play different types of stuff. My advice, let him play what he wants to play. Let him develop his audience.

I keep reading here that Maze should get this DJ or that DJ to play. I can tell you that success is not about one good night with Digweed or another big name. Success is having a conswhat I've read here it seems like he's making the classic mistake of trying to please everyone. A DJ is at his best when he is playing what he loves to play. With the club having weak attendance, I'm sure he is feeling more pressure to play different types of stuff. My advice, let him play what he wants to play. Let him develop his audience.

I keep reading here that Maze should get this DJ or that DJ to play. I can tell you that success is not about one good night with Digweed or another big name. Success is having a consistant crowd that loves your place, your vision, your Vibe...a crowd that trusts your choice of a resident and guest DJs.

Dade

Very well said...... hitting the right points...... its all about vibe .... = music (DJ + Sound + Lights) + crowd (girls are essential)

Guest saleen351

the only clapping and cheering was when AVB walked up the stairs to the booth. After and before that there was ZERO cheering going on...

listen, greg(sgtfury) has his own way of expressing his opinions and while he may have been a little off base in his post, its 1st impressions that count. obviously, he wasnt impressed. and while i think markus is one of the better dj's in miami, he may have been trying to impress the crowd and not playing to his true style which is progressive. just my 2 cents....

greg...lay off the roids!!!!!!!!

mate you have hit the nail on the head no matter how many people are in a club, if you are not playing the sounds you believe in, then you will fail from the start and just be any other wannabe DJ out there.

You have to stick to your guns its as simple as that. For me Burridge is the complete example of that. The guy just doesnt give a shit and plays material that you wouldnt even think would work on the floor....BUT IT DOES.....there is someting there in his sound and its the reason why he is as big as he is

the same with howells, the same with zabiela, myself...... the same with a lot of people and down the line they will come to you believe me

:)

Originally posted by demids

mate you have hit the nail on the head no matter how many people are in a club, if you are not playing the sounds you believe in, then you will fail from the start and just be any other wannabe DJ out there.

You have to stick to your guns its as simple as that. For me Burridge is the complete example of that. The guy just doesnt give a shit and plays material that you wouldnt even think would work on the floor....BUT IT DOES.....there is someting there in his sound and its the reason why he is as big as he is

the same with howells, the same with zabiela, myself...... the same with a lot of people and down the line they will come to you believe me

:)

Bump!:)