Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lounge ?

kaydup

I need a nice place to go Sat night. We are going to be all dressed up so why not go some where nice.

Hey have any of you been into that hotel Nine Zero?? I heard it has a nice bar/lounge in it.

Also have any of you been down stairs at Sonsie yet? There is a new red room or some shit down there.

I think I might just go to Mantra.

Oh well carry on

I would love to own a sweet lounge.

Nah, Whiskey park I thought was cool when it first opened. They tried to keep it all upscale. Now I think it is a bunch of people that think they are snobs, but are kind of lost. That's my opinion of the place.

Yeah the place at Sonsie looks cool though

I know my posts are usually useless, but:

Theres a lounge at the Copley Westin called Bar10, very nice place..Not all that expensive comapred to some of the other Trendy lounges, nice setting, very good appitizers, big plush couchs, nice tunes.. I reccomend it, and plan to visit again very soon..

Originally posted by jk9

I know my posts are usually useless, but:

Theres a lounge at the Copley Westin called Bar10, very nice place..Not all that expensive comapred to some of the other Trendy lounges, nice setting, very good appitizers, big plush couchs, nice tunes.. I reccomend it, and plan to visit again very soon..

Hey jk9, did this place just open? I heard about a lounge that just opened in Copley Square that's supposed to be phatoushe. Let me see if I can dig up the name...

d:Rew, totally agree about Whiskey Park. It has nothing redeeming about it except being surrounded by old people who think they're cool because they can drop a dime on some over-priced glass of scotch (don't get me wrong, that is cool). Also, unless you're tipping in $20's, the service is HORRIBLE.

I am now 1-114 w/ posts, a quality one indeed..

Bar10 is nice tho.. I have been to Sonsie, not sure if it was the "red room" at the time , but it was downstairs, $11.00 martinis, very nice place, but I felt like I was in my basement..The waitress's were very nice.. ;)

Originally posted by kaydup

I would love to own a sweet lounge.

Nah, Whiskey park I thought was cool when it first opened. They tried to keep it all upscale. Now I think it is a bunch of people that think they are snobs, but are kind of lost. That's my opinion of the place.

Yeah the place at Sonsie looks cool though

I've been to the Red room at Sonsie, it's a really nice place. A little smokey, but they have some great Martini's! But be prepared to leave early I think it closes at something like 1am, ti's ridiculous...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

This is the bar I was talking about... it's called Saint.

"It has 3 bars, excellent people watching and the cocktails are good (but not cheap). - ("St" 90 Exeter St, Boston; near the Copley hotel) "

I'm not sure how loungy it is, but it sounds pretty good to me.

Yeah I heard of that. It just opened recently I think too

Theres a Loung in Central Square, Cambridge that my girl went to a few weeks back and she can't stop talking about it.. I think it's calle "The Enormous Room", it's right above the Central Kitchen, i'm going to do a searh in a few for ya....Supposed to be a nice place... not sure if you've heard of it..

Originally posted by jk9

Theres a Loung in Central Square, Cambridge that my girl went to a few weeks back and she can't stop talking about it.. I think it's calle "The Enormous Room", it's right above the Central Kitchen, i'm going to do a searh in a few for ya....Supposed to be a nice place... not sure if you've heard of it..

Never heard of it. But when I was single I use to invite girls over to see my Enormous ah um well you get the idea

I've been to the Enormous Room, but I think I went on an off-night. I found a list of DJs and their styles for the week, and the night we went was some "Drum Experiment" thing, so the music sucked. The place was cool though, but I don't think it's what you're looking for d:Rew. It's a small room with normal lighting (no blue/red lights), and couches/pillows/places to sit located all around. Basically if you don't find a place to sit you're screwed because people will be bumping into you all night long. (The common floor space is tiny... hence the funny name, "The Enormous Room"). The bar is literally in a hole in the wall, so getting drinks can be a challange too. Incredibly diverse crowd though (very Cambridge).... saw everything from old guys in suits to dudes wearing Die-She-Keys (sp?)

This would be a cool place to check out on a random Thursday night (after calling ahead of time to see what kind of music they're spinning). Not a good place to go if you're all dressed up though.

Originally posted by whadupg

You guys are the best! If I don't blow of my Chrismas party for JZ and Arc, then I'll be staying in Copley & we were trying to figure out where to go after the party. Thanks for all the info! :D

You debating JZ @ Arc??? I'm doing the same... I also think I may have found a straggler to join in the debate (you know who you are) :tongue:

You debating JZ @ Arc??? I'm doing the same... I also think I may have found a straggler to join in the debate (you know who you are) :tongue:

C'mon - you're supposed to be talking me into it and tell me not to feel guilty about blowing off two Christmas parties & being a complete pile of uselessness for the party on Sunday afternoon! ;)

Originally posted by whadupg

C'mon - you're supposed to be talking me into it and tell me not to feel guilty about blowing off two Christmas parties & being a complete pile of uselessness for the party on Sunday afternoon! ;)

As bad as all of that sounds... hearing JZ on ARC's Phazon will feel much, much better :D

Do you know other people going? (i.e. are you roping along any friends)?

As bad as all of that sounds... hearing JZ on ARC's Phazon will feel much, much better :D

Do you know other people going? (i.e. are you roping along any friends)?

Trying to hook Barbara & my friend Kerry, but they're hanging on the fence right along side me :( I'm going to be awfully disappointed if I miss this one.