Clubplanet Nightlife Community

And The asshole of the year award goes to......

NYC's own Mayor Bloomberg. I dont even live in New York and I hate this guy. His latest proposal if anyone has been reading up on the news is that if the transit authority goes on strike you will need 4 passangers in your car 24 hours a day to get in and out of NY. On top of that he will be opening 1 lane on each bridge so that people can take a bike or walk, and Taxi will be able to pick up multiple fare riders. Now according to him a few month ago NYC was in such an economical deficiet (sp) but doesnt he take into consideration what about the people who work in New York and live in New Jersey and what about all the money that will be lost because people cant go to the city. This is on top of his proposal to throw tolls on top of all the East River bridges during rush hour. So Bloomberg you get the big fuck you thrown to you and you win the asshole of the year award.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

On top of that he will be opening 1 lane on each bridge so that people can take a bike or walk,

that is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard with the increased traffic volume. does this man even think?

did you guys vote for this guy?

NYC's own Mayor Bloomberg. I dont even live in New York and I hate this guy. His latest proposal if anyone has been reading up on the news is that if the transit authority goes on strike you will need 4 passangers in your car 24 hours a day to get in and out of NY. On top of that he will be opening 1 lane on each bridge so that people can take a bike or walk, and Taxi will be able to pick up multiple fare riders. Now according to him a few month ago NYC was in such an economical deficiet (sp) but doesnt he take into consideration what about the people who work in New York and live in New Jersey and what about all the money that will be lost because people cant go to the city. This is on top of his proposal to throw tolls on top of all the East River bridges during rush hour. So Bloomberg you get the big fuck you thrown to you and you win the asshole of the year award.

. . . Not to sound like an asshole (which I can be sometimes . .) but you don't sound like you have a very good grasp on the herculean task it is to get a municipality like New York City to work properly . . nor anything about contract negotiations with Unions and the type of posturing that it brings . . .

. . Its a tough thing to run New York effectively . . and I feel for the peeps that work in the city, but you really should find some other way to get in rather than driving, ESPECIALLY if you come from Jersey . . . Not that I'm saying Jersey should be some kind of special group to single out . .but anyone who lives in the other outlying areas (such as LI or Wackchesta . .) knows that we have a great number of additional road options to get in than yalls across the river have . . .

. . .Also, on the subject of lane closures on the bridge . . that's all posturing . . Like ElementX said in one of the threads about the potential strike, its all posturing and they'll agree on something at the 11th hour . . It is a good gesture though, especially on the east river crossings . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Not to sound like an asshole (which I can be sometimes . .) but you don't sound like you have a very good grasp on the herculean task it is to get a municipality like New York City to work properly . . nor anything about contract negotiations with Unions and the type of posturing that it brings . . .

. . Its a tough thing to run New York effectively . . and I feel for the peeps that work in the city, but you really should find some other way to get in rather than driving, ESPECIALLY if you come from Jersey . . . Not that I'm saying Jersey should be some kind of special group to single out . .but anyone who lives in the other outlying areas (such as LI or Wackchesta . .) knows that we have a great number of additional road options to get in than yalls across the river have . . .

mike in his defense, what about the east river corssings? jersey really is the least effected cause they can still take NJT and the PATH. but how do you get there from other places in new york? they'd have to drive or get a ride or take some kind of transportation that will add volume to already congested roads. it is just a BAD situation.

. . .Also, on the subject of lane closures on the bridge . . that's all posturing . . Like ElementX said in one of the threads about the potential strike, its all posturing and they'll agree on something at the 11th hour . . It is a good gesture though, especially on the east river crossings . .

i don't know if it is good though. i mean, it is going to add congestion to a traffic mess. maybe it will convince some ppl to walk but how many truly have that option?

Originally posted by hotcheme

mike in his defense, what about the east river corssings? jersey really is the least effected cause they can still take NJT and the PATH. but how do you get there from other places in new york? they'd have to drive or get a ride or take some kind of transportation that will add volume to already congested roads. it is just a BAD situation.

. . . I understand that, but the jist of his post, at least the way that I read it, is that he's upset that he cannot drive into NYC without 3 other people in the car . . You know what I say to that? . . SO BE IT! . . I don't ever have the need to come into manhattan during the day seeing as how I don't work down there, but I have had occasion where its been required for me to go to midtown during the middle of the day . . and lemmie tell you, its an effin nightmare . . Its bad enough trying to find parking and maneuver through the streets on a weekend in the middle of the night, but during the daytime on a weekday its simply nightmarish . . I am actually in accordance that between the hours of 8 and 4 in the city that you shouldn't be able to drive a singly occupied car anywhere on the island of manhattan (or to be fair, say below 80th) . . . That would allow for much more freedom of movement for cabs, busses and commercial traffic . . . I do have a feeling that this carpool rule will find its way into writeen ordinance for the weekdays whether the MTA goes on strike or not . .

Originally posted by hotcheme

i don't know if it is good though. i mean, it is going to add congestion to a traffic mess. maybe it will convince some ppl to walk but how many truly have that option?

. . . See, its a basic systemic incompatibility . . New Jersey for the most part is 'new' suburb . . its a state based on the driver, whereas New York is a 'pedestrian' city . . . It was planned way before the advent and proliferation of the automobile, a fact that makes it BAD FOR DRIVING DURING BUSINESS HOURS . . . If you live in the burbs you're pretty much accustomed to driving everywhere, and everywhere in the burbs (well most places at least) has alloted open space to place your car when you need to go somewhere and get something . .New york city, except for the curb and the parking garages doesn't have the open space nor the capacity to deal with thousands of people driving their cars everywhere . . . And as far as options . . you've always got options . . You can leave your car at a transit hub and take the path in if you need to commute . . that simple (I know this kinda becomes ineffective if they strike, but you know what I'm saying . .) . . .

if i remember correctly one of these strikes happened when Mayor guiliana(sp?) was in term and the same rules were enforced. i remember because my ex when he went to work had to carpool with 3 guys in. I don' t think hes just doing what needs to be done if this happens to keep everything moving properly..

. . . Yeah, but it'll be an adventure!!! . .think of all the colorful rock smoking new yorkers you'll meet!! . .SWWEETTNESS!! . . . :drunk: . . .

dood i dont have ot go far to find that.. just outside on my front steps ;)

well now i have a legit excuse why i am late for work ...

I am effected and im from Jersey my girlfriend lives in Brooklyn and now I have to bring my whole family with me just to see my girlfriend.

if you go to brooklyn through staten island, instead of manhattan, this won't affect you in the least ... the 4-passenger requirement is only for the conduits in and out of manhattan ...

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Mass transit

walk

bike

cars are a privledge, not a right

fuck that. If i drive 150 miles from albany the last thing i want to do is sit on a train for another fucking hour, leaving my car in some shady ass parking lot so some dickhead can break into it.

Mass Transit - fuck it.

Bike - in 20 degree weather? bend over, i'll give you a bike...

Walk - see bike.

cars may be a privledge but dammit once i own one it becomes my RIGHT to take it wherever the hell i please.

Fuck NYC and Fuck bloomberg.

They should just put up a 1000ft. wall around manhattan and keep all cars out, then they can write on the side:

"This is a no-smoking, no-drinking, no driving, no running, no pushing, no smiling, no sexually lude joke, committee-approved and diluted bland white-picket-fence nazi communist parental association anti-ravers, anti-anything we don't understand" Zone.

because that's what things are coming to.

Last thing I want to do is defend Bloomberg (I didnt even vote for the guy), but if everyone wants to take the "fuck it attitude" and drive, you might as well walk cause of the traffic. The traffic will be so bad, that it will take 10 hours to go one city block.