Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Absinthe

villavarian

It is an alcoholic liquor made with wormwood. True absinthe is/was supposed to be toxic and supposedly resulted in quite a few famous writers and artists going nuts (inc Poe, Van Gogh, Manet & Picasso)

It gives quite a different buzz than alcohol, its green and the traditional way to drink it is poured over a sugar cube.

as far as I know it is illegal in almost every country except spain

Van Gogh, Manet & Picasso have all even painted men drinking it.

Originally posted by shroomy

no it definetly has a trippy effect after a few shots. It is due to the active ingredient in wormwood (sorry I forget.)

Yeah, i've only had it once, at my friend's place in Belgium, and the stuiff is illegal EVEN THERE :eek:

He got it in Switzerland, and the method of burning a spoonful of sugar into it is true.

I sure felt a lil trippy after drinking some. Smoke some herb with it too, if you can :smoke:;)

When wormwood is distilled Thujone comes out of it, thats the chemical that makes you hallucinate. And believe me when I tell you... there is nothing in this world worse than an absinthe hangover... and yes it tastes absolutely horrible. Its fun though... its legal in Spain, the czech republic and one other country that is slipping my mind.

Originally posted by shroomy

you can order it over the web if you want.

BTW it tastes like shit. even poured over a sugar cube like your supposed to.

Do you know where on the WWW you can order it? I have looked for it, but cannot find it.

One of my buddies had it in Sweeden. Said it is unreal, so I wanted to try it.

my roomate has a bottle....it is some pretty shitty tasting stuff....i only had 2-ounces of it and felt no trippy effects....both times my roomate has got drunk on it he does not remember the night....the first time he was hit by a cab in new york....sent flying in the air but no serious injury....the second time him and his friend both passed out at the bar.....they were promptly kicked out....he will not go near the stuff now....

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. :shaky:

hey vic.. that Luke Slater album Wireless is one of my fav's. He's really tweaking some alternate dimension in there :cool:

and as far as buying absinthe on the web, i'd say a HELL NO.

Next time im in Belgium, I'll think of you guys, and see what i can do :cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

hey vic.. that Luke Slater album Wireless is one of my fav's. He's really tweaking some alternate dimension in there :cool:

and as far as buying absinthe on the web, i'd say a HELL NO.

Next time im in Belgium, I'll think of you guys, and see what i can do :cool:

yup luke slater the guy is amazing.

i've never had absinthe, been wanting to try it for sometime now. i'm gonna have to save up $$ and take a trip to europe soon...but if u can hook us up :D