Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Strike!

I mean - the shit "Daily News" published all these days was completely against them! And overall the public opinion was also against the workers. Forget not being able to get to work, but also it's cold, small businesses are suffering, it's the holidays, unions in other professions get a lot less than what transit workers get now...

I'm sure they may have a valid case. MTA is not anybody's favorite organization with their 50-cent fare hikes, shitty subway service and supposedly cooked books that show $1B surpluses. But MTA definitely has better PR - those "holiday bonus" $1 rides were proof. I don't think the union did the right thing to be heard. Instead of paying lawyers for all these court proceedings, these money would've been much better spent on PR!

r u trying to get a PR job with them or something?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea real dangerous.. cops have a more dangerous job and get paid less.. and have also worked many periods of time without a contract..

actually transit, sanitation, construction, etc. all are just as dangerous as cops. transit workers get electrocuted and ran over by trains doing their jobs. and that would be the cops unions fault for giving in to lower wages.