Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wladimir Klitschko - How the HELL isn't he ranked?

brickhouse

Just curious on this one. Wladimir Klitschko isn't even ranked by three of the four major belts (even though he now holds the WBO belt). However, he just beat McCline (who's a top 10 contender in each of the other associations), beat Chrid Byrd (who now holds one of the belts), and has never ducked a fight. Just one more example of how ludicrous the current boxing system is....

Also, this is a little early, but any thoughts on the upcoming John Ruiz/Roy Jones Jr fight? Jones is definately a better fighter, but I'm not sure how smart it is to fight someone you give up 50 lbs to...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Just curious on this one. Wladimir Klitschko isn't even ranked by three of the four major belts (even though he now holds the WBO belt). However, he just beat McCline (who's a top 10 contender in each of the other associations), beat Chrid Byrd (who now holds one of the belts), and has never ducked a fight. Just one more example of how ludicrous the current boxing system is....

Also, this is a little early, but any thoughts on the upcoming John Ruiz/Roy Jones Jr fight? Jones is definately a better fighter, but I'm not sure how smart it is to fight someone you give up 50 lbs to...

well, there's a logical answer to your question...if you notice, Wladimir is the WBO champ...he therefore will not be ranked by any of the other 3 bodies. Similarly, Lewis isn't ranked by any of the organizations he doesn't hold a belt in, and the same for Ruiz. Champions in one of boxing's 4 major organizations won't be ranked in any others. So, THAT is not an example of how corrupt the sanctioning bodies are. but I agree with you, they certainly are fucked up.

But, I definitely think Roy Jones will be in over his head if this fight actually does come off. It's still not done yet, and who knows if it will ever be. But if it does he'll be giving up more like 35 pounds, which is still a lot. I think he said he would try to come into the ring heavier then normal around 190-95 and Ruiz said he'd want to enter around 225, which is a little lighter for him.